Rank #1: How to Break into a Market WITHOUT a Sphere of Influence with Paige Schulte
We do business with the people we know, like and trust. But what if you don t KNOW anyone? What if you re brand spanking new to an area, and you don t have a sphere of influence to market to? How do you break into a new market and build a database stat?
Paige Schulte is a real estate agent and marketing strategist out of Gig Harbor, Washington. She moved to the area on a whim two years ago and very quickly became the #1 solo agent in her market and #4 overall. Now she is teaching other realtors how to build a sphere of influence and become the go-to agent in their community through her course, Master Your Marketing with Paige.
On this episode, Paige joins me to explain why she recommends choosing the smallest viable market to reach your goals and referring business outside your Zone of Happiness to other agents. She discusses how she used Instagram stories early on to market her business, offering insight into why the most human agent WINS. Paige also describes how shining a light on area business owners has helped her go local viral. Listen in for Paige s advice around building an email list (that YOU own) and learn how to break into a new market WITHOUT a sphere of influence.
Today s Topics
- What inspired Paige to move to Seattle + become a realtor
- How Paige niched down to define her Zone of Happiness
- Why Paige refers business outside her area to other agents
- Paige s insight into why the most human agent WINS
- The daily Instagram stories Paige did to build her sphere
- Shining a light on area business owners to go local viral
- How often Paige creates content for Facebook + Instagram
- Why it s crucial to build an email list and how Paige does it
- Paige s advice on avoiding comparison with other agents
Connect with Paige
Get Paige s free download, 30 Days of Social Media Posts for Real Estate Agents, and learn more about her course at paigeschulte.com. Check out her real estate site at askpaigeschulte.com or follow her on Instagram at instagram.com/paigesgig and Facebook at facebook.com/PartnerwithPaige.
The post How to Break into a Market WITHOUT a Sphere of Influence with Paige Schulte appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Nov 16 2019
Rank #2: Why Content Creation is Crucial for Facebook in 2019 with Travis Thom
Would you like to get more bang for your buck on Facebook ads? What if you could reduce your cost per lead (CPL) from $12 to $3? There is a simple way to make the most of your online ad spend in 2019, and it begins and ends with consistent, quality content creation.
Travis Thom is the marketing strategist behind Elevated REM, the premiere Facebook advertising agency and coaching platform for real estate. With 250K Facebook and Instagram leads to their credit, Travis and his team are experts in advanced Facebook retargeting campaigns. He cut his teeth in real estate as an agent, struggling for three long years until a Rottweiler taught him the importance of providing value first. From there, Travis leveraged educational content marketing to build a successful business focused on new construction developments. He transitioned to marketing in 2014, founding Elevated REM to support realtors in generating leads online.
Today, Travis joins me to explain why content creation is crucial for Facebook in 2019. He describes how posting consistent, quality content can significantly reduce your CPL on Facebook and discusses the value of authenticity and storytelling in getting your audience to engage. Travis also shares his BURST system of retargeting through Facebook ads, offering insight around the role of educational content in building trust. Listen in to understand how to use Facebook to provide highly-relevant content to the right audience at the right time and make the most of your social media ad spend!
Today s Topics
- How consistent, quality content reduces an agent s CPL
- How Facebook defines your business page quality score
- Travis take on the value of authenticity and storytelling
- Why engaging content gets served to more people
- Travis BURST system of retargeting with Facebook ads
- The difference between passive and active content
- How a Rottweiler taught Travis about providing value
- How educational marketing transformed Travis career
- Using Facebook to provide highly-relevant content
Connect with Travis Thom
Learn more about how Travis and his team can support you at elevatedrem.com.
The post Why Content Creation is Crucial for Facebook in 2019 with Travis Thom appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Jan 10 2019
Rank #3: Becoming the Digital Mayor of Your Market Using Video Without Ever Having to Talk About Real Estate with Kyle Whissel
Wouldn t it be nice to build trust with potential clients before you ve met in person? To have instant rapport with people at an open house or community event? To maintain a connection with your database without coming off as the cheesy realtor ? Kyle Whissel has found a way through video, becoming the Digital Mayor of his market. And he does it without even talking about real estate!
Kyle is the Broker-Owner at Whissel Realty, an award-winning family-owned brokerage with three offices in San Diego County. Whissel has been recognized as the #5 team in the state of California by Trulia and Zillow and the #1 real estate team in the county by The Wall Street Journal. Kyle is also the master of localized video, earning his brokerage the honor of BombBomb s #1 real estate video influencer in North America.
Today, Kyle joins me to explain how video functions in building your personal brand as an agent. He offers advice around overcoming analysis paralysis, embracing your authentic personality, and editing to make the first few seconds of each video a thumb-stopper. Kyle speaks to his weekly show, East County Eats, explaining why he chose to focus on local restaurants as opposed to talking solely about real estate and how his relationships with local business owners translate to listings. Listen in to understand how video serves as a form of digital farming and learn how to use video to stay in front of your database!
Today s Topics
- How video functions to build your personal brand
- Kyle s insight on overcoming analysis paralysis
- The significance of being yourself on video
- Kyle s decision to invest in a full-time videographer
- Making the first few seconds of your video a thumb-stopper
- The benefits of Kyle s weekly show on local restaurants
- How to look at video as a form of digital farming
- How to use video to reconnect with your database
- The value of videos that promote community events
- How promoting local businesses translates to listings
- Kyle s approach to generating two videos from a single event
- How Kyle implements the idea of document, don t create
Connect with Kyle Whissel
Learn more about Whissel Realty at whisselrealty.com or join the Facebook Group at facebook.com/groups/836198436538680/. Check out East County Eats on YouTube at youtube.com/channel/UCjuQNMfuQLMEKiO7cH76hjg or Facebook at facebook.com/pg/EastCountyEats/videos.
Jul 11 2018
Rank #4: Stop Advertising and Start Storytelling with Cielo de la Paz
Platforms like Facebook and Instagram provide an incredible marketing opportunity for real estate agents, yet most of us treat social media forums like the modern-day classifieds, posting ads for our businesses rather than making an effort to connect with people on a personal level. If you really want to leverage social platforms as a conversion tool, the key is to stop advertising and start storytelling. And we all have the necessary tools to tell stories through video with the camera on our phones.
Cielo de la Paz is an award-winning photographer, filmmaker, entrepreneur, instructor and speaker. Her Smartphone videographer classes and iPhone Video Toolkit have helped thousands of bloggers, solopreneurs, business owners and nonprofits tell their stories using nothing but their smartphones. Cielo teaches courses on iPhone videography at Stanford, for private firms and at conference workshops, and her work has been featured in Business Insider, USA Today, Cult of Mac and Buzzfeed.
Today, Cielo sits down with me to discuss the art of incorporating storytelling into video. She walks us through the structure of a story, explaining why people are more likely to remember stories over data. Cielo discusses the value of authenticity on social media, how often you should be posting on different platforms, and why the length of a video depends on its content. Listen in for Cielo s insight on the best tools to use to record and edit smartphone video and learn why consistency is more important than perfection!
Today s Topics
- How Cielo teaches businesses to employ video marketing
- The art of incorporating storytelling into video
- The structure of a story
- How to transform a just sold into a case study
- Why people are more likely to remember stories over data
- The value of authenticity on social media
- How to think of your small business as a show
- The danger in trying to appeal to everyone
- Cielo s advice on how often to post video on social platforms
- The differences between live and edited video
- The tools Cielo uses to record and edit her video content
- Why the length of your video depends on its content
- How to enhance a talking head video with B roll
- Cielo s insight on how flaws make a person more relatable
Connect with Cielo de la Paz
Visit Cielo s website and download her free iPhone video resource kit at thestoryographist.com. Check out her Instagram game at instagram.com/theStoryographist, or find her on YouTube at youtube.com/channel/UCV7uz019pNswO6DLD4Nhlkg.
The post Stop Advertising and Start Storytelling with Cielo de la Paz appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Apr 24 2018
Rank #5: Content Content Content, Video Video Video with Krista Mashore
If you re not creating consistent content to market your real estate business, you are leaving money on the table. And what s the best way to build connection with potential clients and position yourself as an authority? Video, video, video.
Krista Mashore has been in the top 1% of realtors nationwide for the last 18 years, selling more than 1,700 homes as a solo agent. She is also the creator of Krista Mashore Coaching, a program that teaches agents to use digital marketing and video in conjunction with social media to attract clients rather than chase them.
On this episode, Krista joins me to explain how why it s crucial to establish yourself as an authority and how to do that with consistent video content creation. She shares the 5 Cs for building a lead generating machine with digital marketing and offers insight on repurposing videos across platforms. Listen in for Krista s advice on being perfectly imperfect on camera and learn her 3 steps to creating videos people will actually watch!
Today s Topics
- How Krista sold 69 houses in her first year as an agent
- Why it s crucial to establish yourself as an authority
- How much $ you re losing by not creating content
- Creating a Parasocial relationship by way of video
- Krista s 5 Cs for building a lead generating machine
- Krista s approach to video repurposing across platforms
- Krista s advice on being perfectly imperfect on video
- When to use a green screen for real estate content
- Krista s 3 steps to creating a video people will watch
- How to get your video in front of the right audience
Connect with Krista
Get Krista s book, Sell 100+ Homes a Year: How We Use Engagement Marketing, Technology and Lead Gen to Sell 100+ Homes a Year, Every Year, at book.kristamashore.com/order-form and sign up for her 3 Clients in 30 Days Challenge at cml.kristamashore.com/challenge-invitation.
The post Content Content Content, Video Video Video with Krista Mashore appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Dec 11 2019
Rank #6: Don t Be a Realtor, Be a Referral Resource with Erin Bradley
If you ve been in this industry long enough, and you ve got a database, and you give value, and you truly care you can t fail. You can have ups and downs, but you re never going to wake up one day and be out of business.
How do you keep your brand in front of people without talking about real estate or mortgages? By serving as a referral resource.
Erin Bradley is Branch Manager at Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, running a team of six in three offices out of Denver and Winter Park. She has been in the business since 2006, helping hundreds of Colorado residents secure mortgage financing. Erin s unique lead generation model led her to create systems that translate to any referral-based business and served as the impetus for her book, Pursuing Freedom: Be Yourself, Increase Your Referrals and Have More Fun Growing Your Business!
Today, Erin joins me to explain why she was uncomfortable with self-serving, traditional sales calls. She walks us through the system she teaches referral-based business owners around building a database of trusted local service providers and making value-add calls to stay top-of-mind. Erin offers insight on securing direct client referrals and making sales calls on behalf of realtor-partners. Listen in for ideas on building relationships with service providers and learn how to best serve as a referral resource for your tribe!
Today s Topics
- Why Erin was uncomfortable with traditional sales calls
- The model Erin uses to ramp up production
- Erin s database of trusted local service providers
- The script Erin uses to build her database and stay top-of-mind
- How Erin follows up calls with a note or gift
- Keeping your brand in front of people without talking real estate
- The benefit of leading by helping others
- Erin s reliance on her database vs. realtor partners
- How Erin s team makes sales calls on behalf of agents
- The concept of an action item or opportunity alert
- How building relationships with service providers benefits Erin
- Strategies for nurturing your tribe and reaching their audience
Connect with Erin Bradley
Learn more about Erin s business on Facebook at facebook.com/ApplyWithErin or Instagram at instagram.com/pursuingfreedomofficial. Check out her book, Pursuing Freedom, by visiting amazon.com/Pursuing-Freedom-Yourself-Increase-Referrals-ebook/dp/B01LY0YN1I, or email Erin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7L: The Seven Levels of Communication by Michael J. Maher
The E Myth: Why Most Businesses Don t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
The post Don t Be a Realtor, Be a Referral Resource with Erin Bradley appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Apr 18 2018
Rank #7: How to Market Your Database Without Being Annoying with Luke Acree
The average person is bombarded by FIVE THOUSAND marketing messages every day, yet we recall very few. So, how can you provide RELEVANT content that your audience will remember? How do you build a relationship and stay top-of-mind so that when people need your expertise, they think of you? How do you market your database without being annoying?
Luke Acree is the President of ReminderMedia, a sales and marketing firm that helps clients generate referrals and repeat customers for their business by way of a custom lifestyle magazine. Luke has worked with tens of thousands of service-based business professionals over the years, helping them build relationships with their most important contacts. He has spoken at Inman Connect and appeared on a number of popular real estate podcasts.
Today, Luke joins me to explain how every deal is built on the backbone of relationships. He offers his take on the problem with most marketing and how you can set yourself apart by focusing on your audience rather than yourself. Luke shares his three secrets to success in relationship marketing, discussing how to develop systems that help you stay in front of your database. Listen in to understand the difference between passive and proactive marketing and learn how to build a sustainable real estate business by marketing your database without being annoying!
Today s Topics
- ReminderMedia s focus on relationship marketing
- How every deal is built on the backbone of relationships
- Why relevance is the key to marketing (vs. advertising)
- How it s your job to stay in front of your database
- Focusing on the value you can bring your audience
- Gary Keller s idea of the tech-enabled agent
- How to develop systems for consistent connection
- The value in creating impact that leads to advocacy
- How Luke s principles apply to video marketing
- The difference between passive and proactive marketing
- The case study of a new agent using ReminderMedia
- How to turn your database into an AUDIENCE
- How ReminderMedia can help you grow your business
- How a sustainable business is built on relationships
- Why people are willing to pay for the concierge model
Connect with Luke Acree
The post How to Market Your Database Without Being Annoying with Luke Acree appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Nov 02 2018
Rank #8: How to Compete Against Zillow and Realtor.com by Building a Strong Hyperlocal Brand with Video with Johnny Moscillo
Too many real estate agents are at the mercy of Zillow and Realtor.com, counting on leads from outside sources to run their business. Johnny Moscillo, on the other hand, spends $0 on lead gen. Instead, he attracts business by creating consistent, entertaining video content and building a strong, hyperlocal brand.
Johnny is a 17-year veteran of the real estate business and a top producer in the state of New Hampshire. He is also the creator of CGI Academy, a real estate training and coaching platform designed to help agents master financial literacy and business management, and the host of Johnny Mo s Flash Briefing, a podcast for real estate agents, loan officers and entrepreneurs.
Today, Johnny joins me to share his theory of control vs. mercy in lead generation. We discuss why consistent communication is key to building a brand and how to create hyperlocal community content. Johnny explains his video strategy to interview local restaurant owners, and we brainstorm other authentic content ideas that might reflect YOUR brand message. Johnny also describes how to leverage your power circle for content creation and offers advice on developing a publishing schedule to remain consistent. Listen in for insight on using video to position yourself as a local expert and ATTRACT leads (rather than chasing them) and learn how to build instant credibility as the Digital Mayor of your town!
Today s Topics
- Johnny s theory of control vs. mercy in lead generation
- Why consistent communication is key in building a brand
- Johnny s video strategy to promote local restaurants
- The value in creating hyperlocal community content
- How to position yourself as a local expert to attract leads
- Building instant credibility as Digital Mayor of your town
- How Johnny s lead gen quadrant provides free prospects
- Why the lion s share of leads come from referrals + SOI
- Authentic content ideas that reflect your brand message
- Creating 90-second testimonial videos with past clients
- Retargeting people who engage with your video posts
- How to leverage your power circle for content creation
- How to take advantage of multipurpose content
- Establishing a publishing schedule that is 30 days ahead
Connect with Johnny Moscillo
Learn more about Johnny Mo at gciacademy.com/gciacademyhome and subscribe to his YouTube channel by visiting youtube.com/channel/UC8Db2tWNAS9Y_vc9CSmaJdg/videos.
Mar 30 2019
Rank #9: Being Boring Sucks: Being Authentic, Fun but Professional with Your Marketing
Without a doubt, social media has changed the way we communicate. Platforms like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube have made it more acceptable to share ourselves with the world, to be more authentic. And smart real estate professionals use social media as a tool to build personal brands online. But if you re posting yet another interest rate video, you re doing it wrong. Being boring sucks, and it s an ineffective marketing strategy.
Akshay Patel and Josh Massieh are the mortgage brokers behind Next Level Lending Tips, a social media brand they created to build relationships with realtors and loan officers locally in San Diego, throughout California and across the country. They leverage a full-time staff videographer to create daily content and film the YouTube series, Loan Officers with a Baby in a Tesla Going to Open Houses. In addition, Akshay and Josh are launching a coaching program for mortgage professionals.
Today, Akshay and Josh join me to discuss their unique approach to meeting agents at open houses, describing the unique ice breaker they use and the value-add they provide potential realtor-partners. They explain their decision to create daily content, exploring how consistent posting makes people feel like they know you and makes it easier to form relationships in real life. We debate the pros and cons of attracting clients who resonate with your personality and potentially alienating those who don t. Listen in to understand why people are drawn to authentic video content and learn why you don t have to be perfect, you just have to be you!
Today s Topics
- The ice breaker Josh & Akshay use to generate attention
- Josh & Akshay s on-camera presence and persona
- Josh & Akshay s decision to create daily content
- How social media makes people feel like they know you
- Attracting clients who resonate with your personality
- How Josh & Akshay approach agents at open houses
- The percentage of agents who work with Josh & Akshay
- Why people are drawn to what s real, raw and authentic
- How much of Josh & Akshay s business is realtor referrals
Connect with Joshua Messieh & Akshay Patel
Check out Next Level Lending Tips on Facebook at facebook.com/NextLevelLendingTips, follow Josh & Akshay on Instagram at instagram.com/nextlevellendingtips, or watch their YouTube Channel at youtube.com/channel/UCFcc4qlpva35ng-VGCtkLuA. Reach out to Akshay on Instagram at instagram.com/nextlevellender, call him at (858) 207-8436, or email email@example.com.
Feb 13 2019
Rank #10: Relationship Building With Digital Marketing with Hassan Riggs
We understand the process of building relationships in real life, introducing ourselves first and then gradually strengthening the connection over time. But when it comes to digital marketing, we re pushy and impatient, expecting to convert with our first ads and abandoning relationships once the sale is made. What would it look like if we treated our business relationships the same way we treat our personal ones?
Hassan Riggs is the Founder and CEO of Smart Alto, a software company that helps real estate agents send and manage text message campaigns to build stronger relationships with leads. Today, he joins me to share his six principles for building influence with prospects, explaining how authenticity attracts the people you want to do business with and describing how to generate social proof, establish authority and build reciprocity in your relationships business or otherwise.
Hassan discusses the value in getting people to commit to something small and following up with consistency. He also covers the quickest way to get people to like you and explains when it s appropriate to use scarcity as a strategy. Listen in to understand Hassan s seven stages for building relationships through digital marketing and learn how attracting a life partner parallels the process of attracting clients to your real estate business!
Today s Topics
- How authenticity attracts the people you want to do business with
- Hassan s 6 principles for moving potential clients from zero to one
- Leveraging reviews to generate SOCIAL PROOF for your business
- How to create local community content to establish AUTHORITY
- Why it s crucial to build RECIPROCITY into our digital relationships
- Getting people to COMMIT + following up with CONSISTENCY
- The quickest route to getting people to know, LIKE and trust you
- Why SCARCITY only works when it s real (e.g.: rising interest rates)
- Hassan s 7 stages for building relationships with digital marketing
- Introducing yourself with a GLANCE + engaging through the GAZE
- The marketing parallels to the DIGITS, GOING STEADY + RING SHOPPING
- The significance of managing the relationship after the MARRIAGE
- Generating referrals in the COUPLES FAMILY VACATION stage
Connect with Hassan
Learn more about Smart Alto at www.smartalto.com or follow Hassan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/hassanriggs. Visit www.conference.realtor for more information about attending the NAR 2019 REALTORS Conference & Expo.
The post Relationship Building With Digital Marketing with Hassan Riggs appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Aug 17 2019
Rank #11: Relationship Marketing Is Your Highest ROI with Jim Remley
Log onto Lab Coat Agents or Real Closers and you ll see long discussions about Facebook ads and Zillow leads. My question is, why do we spend so much time trying to figure out how to BUY leads when we could be ATTRACTING them? The vast majority of real estate business comes from referrals and past clients, and Jim Remley contends that relationship marketing generates a MUCH higher ROI than portal leads and he should know. Jim s team is on track to sell $1B in real estate this year!
A current REAL Trends 500 Broker, Jim Remley leads one of the largest and most successful brokerage firms in the state of Oregon, and he is a nationally recognized speaker, author and trainer in the realm of residential real estate. He is also the Founder and President of eRealEstateCoach, a program designed to help top agents achieve financial freedom and work-life balance.
Today, Jim joins me to explain why his team focuses on sphere of influence over portal leads. He offers advice around becoming a lead incubator, using social media as your CRM and making other people a part of your success story. Jim also shares the secrets of some of his most successful agents and weighs in on the benefits of experiential marketing. Listen in for Jim s insight on reframing the way you think about asking for generosity and learn why relationship marketing offers your highest ROI!
Today s Topics
- Why Jim teaches his team to focus on sphere of influence
- The danger in becoming dependent of portal leads
- The statistics around the lifetime value of a client
- Jim s take on chasing relationships vs. market share
- The three parts of the relationship behind a transaction
- Jim s advice around becoming a lead incubator
- Jim s insight on using social media as your CRM
- Making other people part of your success story
- The power of reciprocity in generating referral business
- The secrets of some of Jim s most successful agents
- Overcoming referral resistance from friends and family
- Reframing the way you think about asking for generosity
- The benefits of leveraging experiential marketing
Connect with Jim
The post Relationship Marketing Is Your Highest ROI with Jim Remley appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Sep 03 2019
Rank #12: The Importance of Defining Your Brand Story with James Wong
As the real estate game gets more and more competitive, branding becomes more important than it s ever been. How do you differentiate yourself as an agent? How do you define the core attributes that set you apart? And how do you communicate your brand story consistently in order to attract business?
James Wong has six years of experience in the realm of real estate marketing. Working with top producers in Los Angeles and Orange County, James has uncovered the strategies that led to their success. Now James serves as the Chief Energizing Officer of MAXA, a design agency and software platform that supports real estate professionals in developing a brand identity and creating custom marketing content.
Today, James joins me to discuss the value of creating a brand story that resonates with the community by defining your core functional, social and emotional attributes. He explains why top producers establish elevated expectations and offers his top strategies for attracting followers on social media. James addresses the value in defining your target audience and developing consistent messaging around a single attribute. Listen in for James insight around the power of imagery in establishing brand identity and learn the significance of defining a brand story for your real estate business!
Today s Topics
- James experience working with top producers in California
- Creating a brand story that resonates with the community
- The core functional, social and emotional attributes of a brand
- Associating your brand with the way you want to be perceived
- James take on why top producers create elevated expectations
- The danger in trying to resonate with all people
- How to give people a reason to follow you on social media
- James advice around defining your target audience
- How to develop consistent messaging around a single attribute
- How color, font, pattern and imagery impact brand identity
- How to design a logo with your target audience in mind
- The integral role of media in running a real estate business
Connect with James Wong
The post The Importance of Defining Your Brand Story with James Wong appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Aug 24 2018
Rank #13: Becoming the Community Expert with Rett Harmon
Don t be a realtor, be a resource.
Rett Harmon has positioned himself as a community expert in Carrollton, Georgia. He promotes local organizations and events, leveraging a powerful personal brand and an investment in video marketing to stay top of mind and establish connections with local business owners. His approach is paying off big time in terms of referral business, and his brokerage enjoys about 80% organic lead generation.
Rett is the Co-Broker Owner of CENTURY 21 Novus Realty in Carrollton. He has a degree in Business Administration from the University of West Georgia and 15 years of experience as a licensed agent in Georgia and Alabama. The Novus team closed 226 sides in 2017, and the property management arm of the brokerage manages an impressive 700 properties. Rett has served as President of his local board of REALTORS and Regional Director of the State Young Professionals Network. He is currently on the Research Committee and Commercial Research Advisory Board for the National Association of REALTORS.
Today, Rett sits down with me to discuss the value in becoming a community expert, how he leverages video to promote local events and businesses, and how this strategy keeps him top of mind and generates referral business. Rett explains his all-in approach to personal branding and how it helps him establish relationships locally and make connections at industry events. Listen in for Rett s insight around attracting leads with a combination of professionalism and fun.
Today s Topics
- How the property management arm of Rett s brokerage adds value for clients
- Rett s intention to be known as a community expert first and agent second
- How Rett leverages video consistently to promote community events, businesses
- Rett s use of social media to expand his reach
- How Rett s videos keep him top of mind and generate referral business
- How Flat Rett garnered attention at a recent industry event
- How Rett s approach results in 80% organic lead generation
- How Rett s holiday suits reflect an all-in attitude toward personal branding
- The value in making connections with other agents and brokers
- The significance of establishing relationships with local business owners
- How to balance professionalism with fun
Connect with Rett Harmon
or Twitter at twitter.com/rettharmon.
See Rett s videos on YouTube by visiting youtube.com/channel/UCcGFb_JKdIs-jleEYDdodyg
or Google+ at plus.google.com/+Century21Carrollton.
Mar 22 2018
Rank #14: Playing the Facebook Retargeting Game with Ylopo with Howard Tager
In a perfect world, every lead you generate would be ready to buy today. But the truth is, most consumers start looking at homes online six to nine months before they re ready to pull the trigger. So, how do you stay in front of those potential clients and nurture a relationship so that they come to you when they re ready? The average consumer logs in to Facebook 12.2 times per day, and 85% of homeowners are on the platform, so the social media site is an ideal place to retarget leads.
Howard Tager is the Cofounder and CEO of Ylopo, a complete digital marketing system for real estate. Ylopo s one-to-all system integrates with any CRM, supporting agents in generating and nurturing leads on the top social media platforms. Prior to Ylopo, Howard cofounded TigerLead Solutions, a pioneer in the realm of digital marketing for the real estate industry. With ten-plus years of experience in real estate technology and social media marketing, Howard is a sought-after speaker at real estate and mortgage loan industry conferences on the topics of business strategy, internet marketing, lead management and conversion.
Today, Howard joins me to explain why it s no longer cost-effective to focus solely on hand-raiser or NOW leads. He discusses the incubation period necessary to nurture the majority of Facebook leads, describing how Ylopo s AI monitors consumer home search behavior and alerts agents when leads are hot. Howard also shares the best content to deploy during the nurturing sequence, the value in defining your own unique selling proposition, and the need for personalized content around you and your market. Listen in for Howard s insight on how to approach a Facebook lead differently from a Zillow lead and learn how an investment in Ylopo might help you play the Facebook retargeting game and WIN!
Today s Topics
- Howard s background in real estate tech and digital marketing
- How Ylopo s one-to-all platform integrates with any CRM
- Ylopo s partnership with Facebook and subsequent case studies
- Why it s not cost-effective to focus on hand-raiser or now leads
- The 6- to 9-month incubation period on most Facebook leads
- How Ylopo s AI monitors consumer home search behavior
- Why you can t treat a Facebook lead the same as a Zillow lead
- The value in defining your own unique selling proposition
- Why Howard prefers the term relationships over leads
- The best content to deploy during the nurturing sequence
- How Pinterest is developing digital marketing technology
- Ylopo s personalized texts to consumers based on behavior
- Howard s curious-connect-counsel-collaborate dialogue model
- Why you need to personalize content around you and your market
Connect with Howard Tager
Learn more about Ylopo at ylopo.com and learn more about the Ylopo Academy live trainings at knowledgebase.ylopo.com/category/213-ylopo-academy-live-trainings.
The post Playing the Facebook Retargeting Game with Ylopo with Howard Tager appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Dec 01 2018
Rank #15: Chasing Expireds Redefined with Borino
Most agents are afraid of expireds. But if you believe in your ability to help and approach prospects with positive energy, people are receptive. With the right systems in place, chasing expireds is not that hard and not that scary.
Borino is a real estate coach with 20-plus years of experience in marketing and training. Known as The Expired Guru, he has developed a system for turning expireds into solid leads and saleable listings without being aggressive or pushy. Today, Borino joins me to discuss how prospecting expireds helped him turn his life around and share his step-by-step process.
Borino weighs in on the mindset you need to pursue expireds, the best way to initiate conversation with an expired lead, and the value in building face-to-face trust and connection. He offers insight around the tools available to set up a system for lead gen and follow-up, explaining how most agents give up too soon. Listen in to understand why it s crucial to approach expireds from a place of contribution and learn why now is a good time to go after these high-probability leads!
Today s Topics
- How expireds helped Borino turn his life around
- Developing the right mindset to pursue expireds
- Tools for setting up an expireds lead gen system
- Why confidence is key in prospecting expireds
- Using a pattern interrupt to initiate conversation
- What to say in a text when expireds don t answer
- The value in building face-to-face connection
- Why it s crucial to have a CRM follow-up system
- Indicators of interest to look for with expireds
- Why there s less competition for expireds than you think
- How persistent follow-up demonstrates your work ethic
- Borino s market predictions for the rest of 2019
Connect with Borino
Jul 13 2019
Rank #16: How to Get Listings From Your Sphere Of Influence with Christopher Stafford
At the time of sale, 74% of people say they would use the same realtor again in the future. And yet, only 13% actually DO use the same agent the second time around. Why the discrepancy? It s because real estate agents don t bother to stay in touch with their sphere of influence! So, what strategies can you use to reach out on a regular basis and get listings from your SOI?
Christopher Stafford is a successful listing agent with 25 years of experience as a top producer in the San Francisco Bay Area. He is also the creator of The Agent Unleashed Collective, a coaching program that teaches motivated listing agents how to 10X their listings AND have a life at the same time, and the coauthor of Massive Abundance: How to Create Passion, Purpose and Prosperity in Your Life.
On this episode, Chris joins me to explain why sphere of influence is the foundation of any listing procurement program and share his active approach to initiating conversation to get listings without sounding like a douche. We address why it s crucial to put together an email list of your SOI, grow your sphere with service professionals, and develop a system for staying in touch. Listen in for Chris insight around complementing your SOI with other lead gen strategies and learn why the best method of prospecting is the one you ll do consistently!
Today s Topics
- Chris unique path from working as a CPA to real estate
- Why consistency is key to your success as a listing agent
- Why SOI is the foundation of any listing procurement program
- Chris active approach to initiating conversation to get listings
- Why it s crucial to put together an email list of your sphere
- Using service professionals to build/increase your SOI
- How to be on your game when you call your sphere
- Complementing your SOI with other lead gen strategies
- Developing a system for staying in touch with your database
- Why the best method of prospecting is the one you ll do
Connect with Christopher
Learn more about Chris and his coaching program at theagentunleashed.com.
The post How to Get Listings From Your Sphere Of Influence with Christopher Stafford appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Oct 08 2019
Rank #17: What the F$%! is Your Brand? with Mike Cuevas
Let s say you have 100 people in your database that list of close friends and family you would invite to your wedding. Statistics tell us that 10 to 15 of them are moving this year. And all 100 KNOW someone who is moving. But they can t refer you unless they remember that you are an agent and think of you when they hear the words real estate. That means you have to market yourself as a brand and stay top-of-mind with your audience. So, what the f$%! is your brand?
Today, I m doing a solo podcast to break down the process of developing a personal brand in order to create a strong presence in your community. I explain why referral business should be your primary goal in marketing your database, while direct business is the gravy on top.
I discuss how to develop a brand based on your authentic personality and why it s best to focus on connecting with a specific audience rather than trying to appeal to everyone. Listen in to understand the value in creating media around your brand and learn how to set up a multi-channel marketing plan that facilitates consistent communication with your database!
Today s Topics
- How personal interactions drive 80% of real estate business
- Using your personal brand to create a strong local presence
- Why referral business should be your primary goal
- How consistency builds your brand and creates awareness
- Why you should be fighting for attention rather than leads
- The value in recognizing your real estate business as a brand
- How to develop a brand based on your authentic personality
- Why it s best to focus on connecting with a specific audience
- Establishing consistent communication with your database
- Why it s smart to invest marketing dollars in past customers
- How to view a transaction as a stepping stone to the next
- The importance of creating media around your brand
- The psychology of referrals and the human drive to help
- How to stay top-of-mind via a multi-channel marketing plan
Connect with Mike Cuevas
Learn more about me at realestatemarketingdude.com and check out my training course (which includes the 6-Step Referral Thank You Checklist) at realestatemarketingdude.com/ultimate-marketing-plan-now-19/. Get more information about the Attracktor software and mastermind community at app.attracktor.com/ or the Flip This Agent program at realestatemarketingdude.com/well-flip-brand-30-days/.
Oct 25 2018
Rank #18: Attracting Clients Through Passion & Serving with Benjamin Ross
Are you focused inward? Chasing money? Obsessed with the size of your next commission check? Benjamin Ross argues that opportunities come disguised as other people s problems, and if you grow your impact, business will come to you. In fact, the best way to attract clients is to follow your passion and make service a fundamental part of the work you do.
Ben is a real estate investor and landlord turned agent with Mission Real Estate Group out of McAllen, Texas. He has 17 years of experience in the space, serving private investment companies in the realm of real estate acquisitions and management. Ben has a passion for teaching others about the industry, and he regularly speaks to students, journalists and bloggers about the business of real estate.
On this episode, Ben joins me to discuss his volunteer work with the local school district s Entrepreneurship Institute, explaining how it allows him to network with community leaders and small business owners. He shares the health crisis that inspired him to consider his legacy and offers insight around the connection between impact and opportunity. Listen in for Ben s advice on shifting your focus outward to serve first and find the WHY behind your business.
Today s Topics
- Ben s work with the local school s Entrepreneurship Institute
- Why Ben donates 10% of his commission to the program
- How volunteer work leads to networking opportunities
- Why it s crucial to build a TRUST factor in your community
- How opportunities come disguised as other s problems
- The health crisis that inspired Ben to think about his legacy
- The connection between impact and opportunity
- Positioning yourself as a vital member of the community
- Shifting focus outward to find the WHY behind your business
Connect with Benjamin
The post Attracting Clients Through Passion & Serving with Benjamin Ross appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Nov 09 2019
Rank #19: Building Your Brand with Video with Jason Hsaio
If people like you, they ll listen to you. But if they trust you, they ll do business with you. -Zig Ziglar
In a world of information overload, it can be very difficult to stand out. Yet, if you are willing to incorporate video as part of your marketing strategy, you have an opportunity to humanize your brand as a real estate professional and build an audience that is already interested in what you have to offer. So, what kind of content should you be creating? And what tools are available to help you produce high-quality videos?
Jason Hsaio is the cofounder and Chief Video Officer at Animoto, an award-winning online platform that allows anyone to drag and drop their way to powerful and professional marketing videos. More than one million businesses around the world have leveraged Anitmoto to stand out on social media and grow their customer base. Prior to founding Animoto in 2006, Jason spent six years as television producer at MTV and Comedy Central.
Today, Jason joins me to explain how video keeps your existing audience engaged AND helps you grow your audience efficiently. He explains how to leverage targeting and retargeting, making the most of your marketing dollars by getting in front of the right people on social media. Jason also offers insight around the best length for video, the importance of authenticity and the growing popularity of video as the way people consume information. Listen in to understand how a real estate agent might use Anitmoto s drag-and-drop tool and learn how to leverage video to amplify what already works for you!
Today s Topics
- Creating video content based on established communication
- How being in front of the camera personalizes your brand
- How video keeps your existing audience engaged/following
- How to target a specific audience for video on social media
- How to grow your audience efficiently by way of targeting
- The value of creating video to identify prospects on social
- Jason s advice on retargeting who watched previous videos
- Jason s insight on saving the best for FIRST in videos
- The best video length on Facebook or Instagram vs. YouTube
- Why it s important to own your imperfections and be genuine
- Leveraging video to amplify what already works for you
- How to use Animoto s drag-and-drop video creation tool
- How video has become the way people want to consume info
- Jason s top ideas for agent-free real estate video content
- How to use video content to stretch your marketing budget
Connect with Jason Hsaio
Find out what Animoto has to offer and learn more about Jason by visiting animoto.com/realestatemarketingdude.
The post Building Your Brand Authentically with Video with Jason Hsaio appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Nov 14 2018
Rank #20: How to Use Facebook Groups to Market Your Database with Jen Burns
Do you use your personal Facebook page to market your sphere of influence? Did you know that only 1 in 5 of your contacts will see any given post? But don t give up on the platform just yet. You can reach the majority of your database on a regular basis by creating a dedicated Facebook group.
Jen Burns is a solo agent out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with 12 years of experience in real estate. In the last year, Jen closed 78 transactions for $19M in volume, and she credits her success in large part to marketing her SOI through a private Facebook group. Today, Jen helps other agents leverage similar tactics through The Workflow Shop, a system for maintaining connection with your database and creating a robust Client Appreciation Program.
On this episode, Jen joins me to share her approach to building and nurturing your sphere of influence through genuine connection. She explains what inspired her to create a private Facebook community for existing and past clients, discussing how she makes the group engaging and fun with giveaways and other value-add content. Listen in for insight around how Jen designed her posting schedule and learn her pro tips for getting your SOI to join a private Facebook group.
Today s Topics
- How Jen slowly built a sphere of influence in Baton Rouge
- Jen s approach to nurturing relationships with past clients
- What inspired Jen to create a private Facebook group
- How Jen makes her Facebook group engaging and fun
- Why people are more likely to see group Facebook posts
- Why Jen prefers communicating via Facebook vs. email
- How gifting + giveaways activate the Law of Reciprocity
- How Jen designed her Facebook group posting schedule
- Jen s pro tips for getting people to join your private group
Connect with Jen
The post How to Use Facebook Groups to Market Your Database with Jen Burns appeared first on Real Estate Marketing Dude.
Dec 01 2019