Rank #1: 355-How to Build a Plan for Financial Freedom in 10 Years or Less
The tagline I created for Radical Personal Finance is this: "...the show dedicated to providing you with the knowledge, skills, insight, and encouragement you need to live a rich and meaningful life now while building a plan for financial freedom in 10 years or less."
Little by little I've been breaking this down for you and today we tackle the "financial freedom in 10 years or less" part.
I believe that, no matter where you're starting from or what your current financial condition, you can build a plan to achieve financial freedom in 10 years or less. And, in today's show, I defend that statement to you.
- Support RPF on Patreon: www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron
Rank #2: 481-Where Should I Keep My Emergency Fund?
I was inspired to do this show by watching a recent conversation thread in the RPF Facebook Group about where to store your emergency fund.
I thought it'd be fun to share with you the things I think about with regard to emergency fund storage.
Enjoy the show!
Rank #3: 364-The Laws of Wealth: Psychology and the Secret to Investing Success: Interview with Author Daniel Crosby
My guest today is Daniel Crosby. Daniel is a behavioral economist and he has applied his expertise to the question of investing.
One of the greatest challenges investors face is managing their own behavior. Daniel has studied this problem extensively and has formulated specific recommendations to help investors manage their psychology and manage their behavior.
Rank #4: 657-Mental Money Games to Change Your Behavior for the Better
A key to life change is behavior modification. And mental money games can help you get there.
Rank #5: 437-Mustachianism 101: The Philosophy of Mr. Money Mustache
On episode 425 of the podcast I interviewed Mr. Money Mustache. That episode was not intended to be an introduction to his teaching or his philosophy; rather, it was a human interest discussion with the man himself.
Today, I introduce you to the philosophy and teaching: the message.
What is mustachianism? What is the plan for financial independence espoused by Mr. Money Mustache?
Rank #6: 659-How My Ideas and Philosophies on Education Have Changed Over the Years
I've talked a lot about education over the years...in this episode I'll tell you what we're doing with our children and talk about some philosophies that have been influential on me. And I'll tell you what I got wrong in the past.
Rank #7: 504-Roth IRAs Are Really Awesome Tools (Here's An Example Why)
If you enjoy learning how common financial instruments can be used to achieve incredible results, you'll enjoy this show.
Rank #8: 600-A Complete Answer to Whether You Should Pay off Debt or Invest
Here's the complete answer that you need to know if you should pay off debt or invest.
- Sign up for my Credit Card Course: How to Borrow Money Safely and Never Pay Interest Using Credit Cards www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/creditcardcourse
Rank #9: 496-The Risk of Paying Off Debt Too Fast
No, that title isn't clickbait. There really is risk created by paying off debt too quickly.
Details in the show.
Rank #10: 491-Q&A: More Money Into Retirement or Buy a House, Can I Use a Donor-Advised Fund for Church Contributions, Should I Move From Commission-Based Job to Salary-Based Job, Should I Keep an India-Based Whole Life Insurance Policy?
Today's show rounds out a special series of live Q&A shows. Today we cover:
- 1:20 Should I put more money into my retirement plan or buy a house?
- 18:45 Can I use a donor-advised fund as a smart way to get a bigger tax deduction for my contribution to my local church?
- 32:30 Should I move from a commission-based job to a salary job which also means a salary cut?
- 39:10 Should I buy a joint universal life insurance policy to protect my new baby?
- 1:10:00 Should I keep an India-based whole life insurance policy now that I'm a US resident?
Enjoy the show!
- Please support Radical Personal Finance on Patreon! www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron
Rank #11: 396-Job --> High-Paying Job --> Savings --> Real Estate Investment --> Business --> Financial Freedom: Interview with Joe Fairless, Host of the Best Real Estate Investing Advice Ever Podcast
Today I've invited real estate investor Joe Fairless on the show. And yes, we chat about real estate.
But, I don't have him on to speak about real estate exclusively.
Rather, I want you to pay careful attention to how he got into real estate in the first step.
Pay attention to the arc of his overall career.
And then model him.
Rank #12: 658-The Natural Symbiosis Between Prepping and Financial Planning
There is a natural symbiosis between prepping and mainstream financial planning. Here's why.
Rank #13: 593-Lifestyles of the Frugal and Obscure
The Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous might make good TV but it's the Lifestyles of the Frugal and Obscure that makes for wealthy people who keep their money.
- If you're interested in learning how to borrow money safely and never paying interest with credit cards, go buy my new course! www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/creditcardcourse
Rank #14: 536-The Way to Wealth by Benjamin Franklin
On today's show we go back 250 years to see what lessons for wealth we can learn from Benjamin Franklin. This show is an audio recording of Franklin's essay, "The Way to Wealth."
- Here's a text version of Franklin's essay: https://liberalarts.utexas.edu/coretexts/_files/resources/texts/1758%20Franklin%20Wealth.pdf
- Please support RPF on Patreon: www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron
Rank #15: 532-Spending Money to Save Money
Today, some ideas on how to save money by spending a little more than strictly necessary to insulate yourself from unnecessary temptation.
- Please support RPF on Patreon! www.radicalpersonalfinance.com/patron
Rank #16: 527-How to Buy a Used Car
Rank #17: 460-How to Decide What To Invest In
I frequently get this question: "Joshua, what should I invest my money in?"
Well, that's a hard question to answer. I'm not you, so how should I know?
But, here are the factors I think you should consider in answering that question for yourself:
p.s., did I miss any important factors? If so, let me know in the comments.
Rank #18: 497-Prioritize Your Life, Not Your Money
After reading hundreds of listener emails this week, I've become very clear on the #1 mistake of the Radical Personal Finance audience.
Here's my attempt to help.
Rank #19: 583-Mega Friday Q&A: (two days early) Richest Man in Babylon, Children and F.I., Invest All at Once, Preparing for Marriage, What's Next, Etc!
Today we have a mega, 2-hour Q&A show. We cover a bunch of really interesting questions:
- How Do We Follow the Guidelines from The Richest Man in Babylon?
- I've Reached F.I. Now How Can I Help Children Do the Same?
- Should I Invest My Cash All At Once or Over Time?
- How Do I Prepare My Finances for Marriage?
- We're Out of Debt and Have Money In the Bank. What Now?
- I'm F.I. and Sold My House. What Should I Do With the Cash?
- How Can I Help Young Men?
- I'm Now an Empty Nester. Should I Buy a House for Security?
- I'm In Graduate School. Should I Get Life Insurance?
- What Should I Do With an Old Life Insurance Policy?
Rank #20: 425-Interview with Mr. Money Mustache! Memorable Moments, Current Projects, Impact on the PF Community
Today, I bring you an interview with the #1 most requested guest! Mr. Money Mustache himself.
I connected with him while up in Gainesville for Camp Mustache a couple of weeks ago.
This interview isn't about the nuts and bolts of Mustachian philosophy or on how to become financially independent in a few short years; those topics have been well covered elsewhere.
This interview is about his current life, current projects, and things he's excited about at the moment.