Rank #1: SHAKE IT OFF - 1989 - SPECIAL EDITION - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Episode 147
Episode 147 -- SHAKE IT OFF - Taylor’s using album five to take us back to 1989! On August 18th, Taylor held a Yahoo LiveStream event to announce a new single, “Shake It Off,” her new album “1989″ (available 10/27!), and a new music video!! Taylor’s live stream was a massive unload of a bunch of new, exciting information, and your hosts are SO excited to unpack it all! We give our initial thoughts about the theme of 1989, how we love that “Shake It Off” is a complete dance party, and we marvel at the music video. Feel free to share your thoughts about the direction Taylor’s taking her new music. Enjoy the show!Highlights from Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – New Single “Shake It Off” And New Album 1989
- We should have know the polaroid pictures were a clue!
- Taylor was inspired by the late 1980s for her new album, a time period only Steve remembers.
- Debate: “fake” vs. “bake.” What’s the verdict?
- The hosts conclude that “Shake It Off” is hella good.
- Swift fact: Taylor believes you can tell a lot about a person by how willing they are to dance. She even asked fans to dance with her in the “Shake It Off” music video!
- I don’t know about you, but the “Shake It Off” music video gave us SO many costume ideas for the 1989 Tour!!
Rank #2: Taylor Swift Versus Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and George Strait - Who will win at the ACM's? - Episode 127 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 127 - Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, or Taylor Swift… who will be the ACM Entertainer of the Year? In Episode 127 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the probability that Taylor Swift will prevail against the nominees. Taylor lost the award last year to Luke Bryan, but that doesn’t mean she will lose again this year! Let us know what you think of our theories and be sure to watch the ACMs next Sunday, April 6th, at 8/7c on CBS. Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 127 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – ACM Predictions: Who Will Be Entertainer of the Year?:
- Blake Shelton sure entertains on The Voice, but we consider those viewers passive, and thus less likely to vote.
- Could Luke Bryan beat Taylor? Honestly, he might “crash her party.”
- Miranda might win Female Vocalist of the Year, but definitely not EOTY.
- George Strait: Entertainer of the Year or Entertainer of a Lifetime? Fun fact: He hasn’t won EOTY since Taylor Swift was born.
- Remember to vote for Taylor daily at VoteACM.com
- Sami visits the “Who’s Taylor Swift Anyway?” art exhibit in Brooklyn, New York.
- Continue to vote for Taylor for the first ever iHeartRadio Music Awards at iheartradio.com/awards.
- You know you’re a Swifty when your parents ask you “What did Taylor Swift do today?” and you actually know the answer…
Rank #3: Out Of The Woods Music Video - Episode 199 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Death Of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco
Episode 199 -
She lost him, but she found herself, and somehow, that was everything. In Episode 199 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s most recent music video for her new single “Out of the Woods.” Before 1989 was released, Taylor said that “Out of the Woods” was representational of the entire album. It seems fitting then, that “Out of the Woods” would be released as Taylor’s last single off 1989… or is it? Let us know if you think Taylor will come out with anymore singles from the 1989 era. Meanwhile, enjoy the episode as we analyze the “Out of the Woods” music video!
Highlights from Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Out of the Woods” Music Video
– When you’re on the beach minding your own business and trees literally materialize around you.
– Diane doesn’t like it when wolves are portrayed as evil.
– Did Taylor just jump off a cliff?!?
– We discuss the symbolism behind the extreme elements Taylor encounters.
– What would you rank “Out of the Woods” on a scale of 1-13?
– Fancy an audio book? Check out our sponsors, Audible, to receive a free audiobook of your choice. Visit http://audible.com/taylor for details.
– We have some BIG news this episode. BIG NEWS.
– What are Swifties listening to? A listener and your hosts give you tons of song suggestions.
– “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” – J.M. Barrie
– Adam, Steve, and I want to thank you, the listeners, for all the support you’ve given the show for the past four years. We LOVE you!!
Rank #4: Bad Blood - Is it Katy Perry? - Episode 171 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Haim is touring with Taylor! YAS!
Episode 171 - There’s only mad love for Taylor Swift on this show. On Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift, we discuss “Bad Blood.” This song is allegedly about pop star Katy Perry, Taylor’s former good friend. Rumor has it that Katy Perry tried to “sabotage an entire arena tour” (RED Tour) by hiring some dancers right from under her. The hosts agree that “Bad Blood” was Taylor’s way to confronting the situation, even though Taylor said herself that she hates confrontation. What do you all think of the song? Could it be about Katy Perry? Leave us your thoughts. Thanks for listening!
Highlights from Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion: “Bad Blood” Song Analysis– Friendship heartbreak hurts worse than love heartbreak.– Is “Bad Blood” really about Katy Perry?– Gawker published a timeline of Taylor and Katy’s friendship based on tweets (& Mean Girls references).– How does “Bad Blood” fit into the story of the album?– What would “Bad Blood” look like on tour? Could it be a single?
Other Topics:– Taylor Swift’s social media accounts may have been hacked, but they won’t find anything dirty, because it doesn’t exist!– HAIM willing be joining Taylor Swift on her 1989 World Tour for select shows!– Be sure to subscribe on leave us a review on iTunes. We love feedback!
Calendar– The Grammys are THIS SUNDAY Feb. 8th at 8/7c on CBS.– The BRIT Awards are on Feb. 25th.
Rank #5: I'd Lie - Episode 153 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to Little Black Dress by Sara Bareilles
Episode 153 - We’d be lying if we said we didn’t wish Taylor had put “I’d Lie” on an album! In Episode 153 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss a song from Taylor’s early days, “I’d Lie.” Taylor wrote this song of unrequited love for a high school talent show and never included it on an album. Although it’s technically unreleased, Taylor did perform it at a Billboard event, so it’s fair game for discussion! Please let us know what you think of “I’d Lie.” Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 153 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I’d Lie” Song Analysis
– “I’d Lie” was never on any of Taylor’s albums, but she did perform it at Billboard, so we can talk about it!
– Fun fact: Just like “Our Song,” Taylor Swift performed “I’d Lie” at her high school talent show
– Why do you think Taylor didn’t include “I’d Lie” on any of her albums?
– Raise your hand if this song was you at sixteen years old.
– How do you envision a music video for “I’d Lie”? Steve has a great idea.
– Mark your calendars! Scholastic’s “Reading Opens a World of Possible” with Taylor Swift live stream takes place on October 29th
– Diet Coke & Regal Cinemas VIP Concert Experience Sweepstakes — enter the contest to win a chance to meet Taylor!
– Starting on October 1st at Subway, be sure to purchase a soda to enter for a chance to meet Taylor! (I’m so excited that there are so many chances to meet Taylor in the 1989 era!!)
– We can’t wait until mid-October when Diet Coke releases a preview of a song off Taylor’s 1989 album!
– @TSwiftFragrance is hinting a new Taylor Swift fragrance… what do you all think?
– You know you’re a Swifty when, even if you became a fan during the RED era, you still love all her old music!
– Swifties are listening to “Little Black Dress” by Sara Bareilles.
– What would Taylor do if someone called her Becky?
Don't forget to buy your "no its becky" shirts at http://www.teespring.com/beckytshirt
Rank #6: Wildest Dreams Music Video - Episode 191 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 191 - Say you’ll remember me, even if it’s just pretend… Ladies and gentlemen, the music video you have been waiting for has arrived. The music video for “Wildest Dreams” is out now and it is absolute perfection!!! (You can hear the fangirl in my voice!) In Episode 191, your hosts Adam, Diane, and Steve break down the “Wildest Dream” music video thematically and discuss how the visual elements (Old Hollywood, Africa) relate to the story of the song. Since there was so much detail in this video, we’re sure we may have missed some moments, so let us know what your favorite parts were. What did you think of the video? Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 191 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Wildest Dreams” Music Video
– I think we can agree that this was the perfect video for the perfect song!!!
– The video took the lyric “even if it’s just pretend” and ran with it… Cue shattering heartbreak.
– How did Old Hollywood and shots of Africa contribute to the theme of the song?
– Steve notes Taylor’s strong resemblance to Ava Gardner.
– All of Taylor’s proceeds from the music video will be donated to wild animal conservation efforts through the African Parks Foundation of America.
– There were so many guests at Taylor’s five sold-out LA shows that it was hard to keep track. (Oops! We forgot America’s sweetheart, Ellen DeGeneres.)
– Nicki Minaj opened the MTV VMAs with Taylor Swift as her surprise guest! Looks like there’s no bad blood between them.
– And Video of the Year goes to…. Taylor Swift for “Bad Blood”!!!
– September 4: The 1989 World Tour – Salt Lake City, UT
– September 5 & 6: The 1989 World Tour – Denver, CO
– September 9: The 1989 World Tour – Houston, TX
– September 11 & 12: The 1989 World Tour – St. Paul, MN
Rank #7: Blank Space - Episode 159 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to Cali Rodi
Episode 159 - Nice to meet you, where you been? You should listen to Taylor Talk! In Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single “Blank Space,” a song that originally started out as a joke to mock the fictionalized character the media created from Taylor Swift’s alleged “serial dating habits.” It’s a catchy, well-written song, and join us as we analyze the lyrics line by line. There’s no doubt that “Blank Space” will become an instant hit. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion: “Blank Space” Song Analysis– “Hey, I want to write this completely satirical song about the fictionalization of my personal life…” said Taylor Swift, and that became “Blank Space”– Which “Blank Space” song lyric is your favorite?– Sami discusses the idea that Taylor embedded a little bit of her exes into each part of the song.– Is there a reference to “The Lucky One” in “Blank Space?”– We discuss what “Blank Space” would look like on the 1989 World Tour.– In the likely chance that the official music video for “Blank Space” will be released this week, Steve has a hilarious idea as to what the music video might look like.
Other Topics:– 1989 had the year’s largest first week sales of nearly 1.3 million!! Yeaaauh Taylor feels amazin’.– The 1989 World Tour has been announced! Check out taylorswift.com/events to see when it comes to your city.– If swifties ruled the world the air would always smell like Wonderstruck.– Swifties are listening to Cali Rodi’s “Friends Like Us.” Check out her seven free songs at CaliRodi.com.
Rank #8: Never Grow Up - Episode 107 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 107 - Taylor Swift just turned 24, but we hope she tries to never grow up.To celebrate Taylor's birthday, the hosts of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Adam, Diane, and Steve -- discuss the song "Never Grow Up." The song was released on the Speak Now album in 2010 and was written when Taylor moved into her own apartment. Listen up to our opinions on the song, and feel free to leave us a comment on the episode guide or tweet us at @taylortalk13 to let us know what you think of the song. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 107 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
- Taylor got a Golden Globe nomination for her birthday! She is nominated along with Jack Antonoff for “Sweeter than Fiction” from the soundtrack of the movie One Chance.
- Taylor gave the biggest gift on her birthday... $100,000 to the Nashville Symphony!
- Check out Taylor Swift's instagram for photos from her garden birthday party.
- Be sure to watch the 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014 at 9PM on CBS. Taylor is nominated for Favorite Country Artist.
- Last weekly RED Tour Wrap up for 2013 from @TSwiftOnTour.
- Main Discussion: To celebrate Taylor's birthday, we discuss "Never Grow Up"
- Adam and Diane met because of the song "Never Grow Up" #TaylorTalkFact
- We put ourselves in the director's chair... how would you film this music video?
- "I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone." :(
- You know you're a Swifty when you can get a Taylor song stuck in you're head just by listening to the song analysis on Taylor Talk!!
- What are Swifties listening to? "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons
Rank #9: Delicate - Episode 205 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 205 -
Join our hosts through an in-depth analysis of "Delicate" off of reputation. We discuss the clever way the sound of the song evolves alongside the lyrics, and as always, open your minds to the lyrics in a whole new way.
Episode 205 is brought to you by BarkBox. Listen in for a VERY special offer just for Taylor Talk. listeners. If you love your dog, you'll listen to this episode!
It's a doggy sort of episode :-)
Rank #10: Mine - Episode 198 - Taylor Talk Classic - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 198 -
You are (still) the best thing that’s ever been mine. In Episode 198 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we bring you a Taylor Talk Classic: the song analysis of “Mine.” We chose this episode in honor of Rachel. This past week, in Brisbane, Australia, Taylor Swift performed “Mine” on the b-stage in honor of a fan, Rachel, who was tragically killed in a car accident with her mother. This touching song about love that endures all is a Swifty favorite. Let us know what you think of the song. Enjoy the Taylor Talk flashback!
Taylor Swift, you are the best thing that’s ever been mine!In Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Mine” in honor of this past Valentines Day. “Mine” is perhaps one of Taylor’s only true love songs, but is it actually true or just a day dream? Contact us to let us know what you think of the song. In other news, the RED Tour is coming to Asia. Check out taylorswift.com/REDtourAsia for tour dates and where to buy tickets. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Mine” Song Analysis:
– Taylor said this song is about “finding someone who would make you believe in love”
– We love the depth the music video adds to the line “you made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter.”
– How crazy was it to see Taylor Swift pregnant in the video?
– Fun fact: Taylor Swift picked her music video sons after meeting them in an ice cream parlor in Nashville.
– Diane fangirls remembering when Taylor performing “Mine” live on the b-stage in Indiana.
– What do you think of Taylor’s new short haircut?
– Hooray! The RED Tour is coming to Asia!
– We’re dusting off our ask.fm account, so if you ask us something, we’ll answer
– If Taylor were an Olympic athlete, what sport would she participate in?
– If Swifties ruled the world, a “pathetic single girls party” will be a holiday
Rank #11: Welcome To New York - Episode 156 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to Empire State of Mind by Jay Z
Welcome to Taylor Talk, we’ve been waiting for you! In Episode 156 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s new song about freedom, new beginnings, and New York City! What did you think of the song? We imagine that it’s going to be the perfect anthem for the release week of 1989. Let us know what you think of the episode. Happy listening!Highlights from Episode 156 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion: “Welcome to New York”– One listener describes this song as being “straight out of a John Hughes 80’s movie.”– “I dreamt about moving to New York, I obsessed about moving to New York, and then I did it.” – Taylor Swift– How will Taylor’s 1980s-esque songs mix with her previous catalog of songs for tour?– Taylor describes New York as a place that can overwhelm some people, but not her.– We tackle the gay rights line — do you think it was too subtle or did it fit perfectly?– Steve thinks Taylor was inspired by the “Welcome to New York” sign at LaGuardia Airport, while Adam thinks the song could be about the sign itself….– How do you imagine the music video for this song? Do you think she’ll release it as a single?
Rank #12: Look What You Made Me Do - Episode 200 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 200 - Look what you made US do, Taylor!
Since Taylor decided to come out of "retirement," so did the team at Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast.
In episode 200, the first published in a year and 1/2, our hosts take you through a fascinating and in-depth analysis of Taylor's latest single, "Look What You Made Me Do."
Contrary to popular belief, two of our three hosts do NOT believe this song is a Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, or Katy Perry "diss," but rather a song more focused on Taylor, herself.
How do we argue that point? Well give episode 200 a listen and find out!
Also, if you have a moment to spare, please consider giving us a review on iTunes. You can visit our iTunes page directly by entering "TaylorTalk.org" into any Web browser.
Happy Listening :-)
Rank #13: GRAMMY EDITION - Remembering These Grammys All Too Well - Lorde "Royals" Daft Punk "Get Lucky" Kacey Musgraves "Merry Go Round" - Episode 118 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 118 - I'm a crumbled up piece of paper lying here because Taylor performed "All Too Well" at the Grammys! On Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts give you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards. We discuss the red carpet, the nature of the Grammy awards and how they pick the winners, and Taylor's breath-taking performance of "All Too Well." We also go back in the Taylor Swift time machine and discuss Taylor's past Grammy performances from 2009-2013. And even though Taylor didn't win a Grammy this year, she is still our seven-time Grammy winning girl, our favorite. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- The RED Tour is coming to London! Taylor will perform at London's O2 on Feb. 1st & 2nd.
- We bring you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards!
- What did you think of Taylor Swift's red carpet dress? The hosts give mixed reviews.
- Maya loved Colbie Caillat's red dress.
- Grammy winners are determined "without regard to album sales or chart promotion." That explains it.
- Adam defines an "artist" as someone who writes or at least co-writes their own music.
- Diane is baffled by Daft Punk's helmets. What?
- That moment when you accidentally think RED won Album of the Year and then your heart is broken...
- Why did Fearless win Album of the Year in 2008 and RED didn't?
- Can we talk about how incredible it is that Taylor chose to perform "All Too Well" because the Swifties asked her to?
- Taylor sure looked pissed about that scarf!
- What's your all-time favorite Taylor Swift Grammy performance? We discuss her performances from 2008-2013.
- Fun fact: Queen Latifah can marry you now!
- You know you're a Swifty when you describe yourself as a hardcore Taylor Swift fan.
- View all the nominees and winners of the 56th Grammy Awards at grammy.com/nominees.
Rank #14: Last Kiss - Episode 131 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Sam Smith - Stay With Me - In The Lonely Hour
Episode 131 - Dirty Secrets of Last Kiss
Highlights from Episode 131 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Last Kiss” Song Analysis:
- Our panel looks into “Last Kiss” and reveals some dirty little secrets…
- Taylor didn’t include a 27 second intro for just any reason
- Steve talks about the importance of a manly handshake.
- That awkward/awesome moment when Taylor Swift sang “Last Kiss” to Joe Jonas at a Speak Now show.
- We discuss the similarities between “Last Kiss” and “All Too Well.”
- It’s amazing how Taylor can fit a world of emotions into a single lyric.
- The 2014 Billboard Music Awards air on May 18 on ABC at 8pm. Taylor is nominated for Top Social Artist and Top Country Artist.
- You know you’re a Swifty when it’s uncomfortable when people use the Satisfaction font when it’s not about Taylor.
- Swifties are listening to Sam Smith!
Rank #15: Blank Space LIVE At The AMA's - Episode 161 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 161 - Don’t say I didn’t warn you… but Taylor Swift slayed at the 2014 American Music Awards! In Episode 161 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s performance of “Blank Space” at the 2014 American Music Awards. She wowed us all with pyrotechnics, acrobats, powerful vocals, and some serious crazy eyes. That night, she was also honored as the first recipient of the Dick Clark Award for Excellence. We hope you enjoyed the episode. Feel free to share your thoughts with us! Happy listening!Highlights from Episode 161 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion: Taylor Swift at the AMAs– Poll: when they turned on the fire, were you scared for her or scared of her?– Do you think this performance is a representation of the 1989 tour?– We debate whether or not the pen click was ever a thing.– Here at Taylor Talk, we ask the hard hitting questions: Which was more powerful, the music video or the performance?– While being honored with the Dick Clark Award for Excellence, Taylor Swift manages to humbly bring honor to everyone else.
Other Topics:– Only Taylor Swift can knock Taylor Swift off the Number One spot on Billboard.– 1989 hit its 2 million sales mark AND “Shake It Off” went 4x platinum. YAS!– If Swifties ruled the world, all of Taylor’s exes would be sent to Mars. Muahah– Adam memorializes a very special someone on the show… and reminds us all of the incredible love found in the Swifty community.
Rank #16: If Taylor Swift Were Not A Musician - Episode 108 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 108 - What would Taylor Swift do if she wasn't a musician? In episode 108 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we conduct an open discussion answering your ask.fm questions. We tackle questions such as whether or not Taylor Swift would make a good detective, if she'd write a song about Cory Monteith, and the possibility of "All Too Well" becoming a single. Questions from listeners are some of our favorite things, so please make sure to leave us questions for next week's unedited mid-week episode via ask.fm, email, or twitter.
Highlights from Episode 108 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
- The hosts rate their favorite Taylor Swift albums: How would you rank RED, Speak Now, Fearless, and Taylor Swift?
- Based on Taylor's personality, what occupation do you imagine her having, had she not been a singer/songwriter?
- Taylor Swift admits she'd love to be a detective in Entertainment Wise.
- Adam choses a hilarious and fun occupation for Taylor -- you'll never guess what!
- Do you think Taylor Swift would write a song about Cory Monteith?
- We challenge our listeners to create a playlist of Taylor's song based on relationship timelines... care to take the challenge?
- Rumors are flying that "All Too Well" could be a single.
- Fun fact: radios deter road rage. That's why they placed radios in cars.
- What song could Taylor perform on the Grammy's? We're thinking either "Begin Again" and "Highway Don't Care."
Rank #17: Invisible aka You Belong With Me 1.0 - Episode 139 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to X, Multiply, a new album from Ed Sheeran
Episode 139 - I just want to open your eyes and make you realize… a new episode of Taylor Talk is out! In Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Invisible,” Taylor’s beautiful ballad of unrequited love. We also talk about cooking with Barefoot Contessa, Taylor’s new kitten, and touch on Ed Sheeran’s new album. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Invisible” Song Analysis:
- We flash back to a song from Taylor’s high school days, “Invisible.”
- Steve calls this song the first draft of “You Belong With Me.”
- We debate who or what exactly is invisible in this song.
- Adam never fails to find a way to relate Harry Potter to Taylor Swift!
- How does the fact that Taylor wrote this song with a co-writer change the song?
- We wonder why this song was a bonus track rather than being on the original album.
- Taylor Swift says she won’t hang out with boys who are on a diet… just so you know.
- There’s a new kitty in Taylor’s life: Olivia Benson! Does this mean she’s a cat lady now?
- Be sure to vote for Taylor in the Teen Choice Awards.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you name your hermit crab “Swift!”
- MASSIVE end of tour sale going on at the Taylor Swift Online Store! Get it while it’s hot and RED!
- Swifties are listening to Ed Sheeran’s new album “X”
Rank #18: Which Songs Made Taylor Swift Popular? - Episode 116 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 116 - Everyone has that one Taylor Swift song that grabbed them and made them a Swifty. In Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss which songs on each album made Taylor Swift the superstar she is today. And since Taylor's a superstar, it's surprising that she does not yet have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. But did you know that fans can nominate celebrities to receive a star? Swifties should nominated Taylor! Let us know if you'd be willing to help nominate Taylor Swift to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- We are combining our mid-week episode and our Monday shows into one awesome show per week!
- Which song off RED helped Taylor acquire more Swifties? Let us know your thoughts!
- We discuss whether or not moving into the pop genre helped Taylor grow in popularity.
- Fun Fact: "The Story of Us" was the song that made Adam a Swifty.
- "Love Story" and "You Belong With Me" may be the all-time Swift classics.
- A listener listens while she's working out! We're so happy Taylor Talk can help keep you healthy.
- Do you think Taylor will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
- Fun Fact: Only 20 people are chosen per year to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- So... who wants to get Taylor Swift a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? It would be the coolest gift ever!
Rank #19: QuizUp Taylor Swift Jeopardy - Episode 109 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 109 - Think you're the master at the Taylor Swift category on QuizUp? Listen up to find out whether or not you're worthy to challenge the hosts of Taylor Talk! In Episode 109 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts go head to head in a round of Taylor Swift Jeopardy using the questions from the QuizUp app. If you decide to play along with the hosts, be sure to send in your scores for the opportunity to play Taylor Swift Jeopardy on a future episode of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast! Happy listening & good luck!
Highlights from Episode 109 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
- Join your hosts/contestants, Maya, Diane, and Steve for a round of Taylor Swift Jeopardy.
- Check out Taylor Swift's interview on CMT Radio Live with Cody Alan on cmtradiolive.com.
- Taylor Swift to granted a wish to Delaney Brown, a little girl from PA battling leukemia, by skyping with her this weekend.
- The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards will air on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014 9:00pm on CBS. Taylor is nominated for Favorite Country Artist.
- All the jeopardy questions for this episode were taken from the QuizUp app, the biggest trivia game in the world available via iTunes
- Fun fact: Adam came up with most of the questions in the Taylor Swift category on QuizUp!
- That awkward moment when Steve doesn't remember his last name.
- Did you know that Taylor won a contest in elementary school for her poem "Monster In My Closet"
- Make sure to tally up your score and let us know what you got! The winner may be join our hosts on a future episode of Taylor Talk :)
- You know you're TayTalker when you come up with a cheesy fandom name for Taylor Talk! We LOVE it!
Rank #20: The Story of Us - Episode 135 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Be My Forever - Christina Perri feat. Ed Sheeran
The story of Taylor Talk goes on with a song analysis of “The Story of Us”! In Episode 135 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — talk about one of their favorite Taylor songs. Let us know what you think of “The Story of Us” in the comments below. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 135 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “The Story of Us” Song Analysis:
- We discuss one of our favorite Taylor Swift songs…. “The Story of Us"!
- Running into your ex is terribly, horrendously, and awfully awkward, especially when it happens at an award show.
- The hosts get in a heated debate about a critic’s comment — whether or not this song means Taylor is “defined by her relationships”
- Sami has a theory that links “The Lucky One” with “The Story of Us”
- We discuss the plot of the “Story of Us” video, and Taylor’s potential curse word slip!
- What would you do if Taylor Swift visited you on a school field trip?
- Taylor’s poster for The Giver is out!
- Make sure you’re voting for Taylor for the CMTs! She could accept an award via video from RED Tour Asia
- You know you’re a Swifty when you can’t decide what to wear, so you choose the outfit that looks like Taylor.
- Swifties are listening to “Be My Forever” by Christina Perri featuring Ed Sheeran.