Rank #1: 098 “Joy Reid's LGBT Issues, Kanye's Red Pill, Two Black Guys Walk Into a Starbucks”
Rank #2: 099 “A Conversation w/ Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying”
(Recorded April 22nd, 2018)
A conversation with evolutionary biologists Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying.
- On Free Speech, Campus Culture- Identity- Scientific Investigation & Tabboo Topics- The Intellectual Dark Web- Evolution, Culture, Markets, Media, and The Academy
In THE SUMMER OF 2017, Bret Weinstein found himself at the center of an ‘equity and inclusion’ maelstrom at Evergreen State College, where he and his wife Heather Heying were both members of the faculty. The resulting scandal would result in the couple parting ways with the school, but not before attracting the attention of national media. Bret and Heather are currently unaffiliated academics in exile who frequently write and speak about their experience at evergreen, the state of American campuses and a host of increasingly controversial issues related to their principal field of study.The pair dropped by the studio to chop it up with Matt Welch and Kmele Foster.
Rank #3: 108 w/ Jane Coaston "Conservative Proclivities, Ridicule Over Censorship"
w/ Jane Coaston (Senior Politics Reporter, Vox)
- Jane's Origin Story
- What Conservatives REALLY Want
- 'Locking HER Up'
- Ignoring Michael Cohen
- Facebook's Holocaust Problem
(Recorded Wednesday, July 25th, 2018)
Rank #4: 062 "Notes on Philando Castile, Otto Warmbier, and Evergreen"
Recorded: June 21, 2017
The Philando Castile case has reached a controversial conclusion. In July 2016, Castile was shot to death during a traffic stop by Minnesota police officer Jeronimo Yanez. Yanez's acquittal has touched off a new wave of outrage.
Otto Warmbier, the 22-year-old American student detained in North Korea since last January, was finally allowed to return home last week… in a coma. He would die a few days later.
And Moynihan recounts his recent visit to Evergreen State College.
Rank #5: 070 w/ Jacob Siegel "What Didn't Happen in Boston, Something about Afghanistan"
This episode: non-existent Nazis, overblown Antifa, and Portuguese vagina-walls.
Jacob Siegel was in Boston and Afghanistan, and now he is in Moynihan's chair. He helps the guys figure out what the hell happened in Boston (and why it's not the same as Charlottesville).
PLUS: Is there a "libertarian-to-alt-right pipeline"? Should we take "Internet fascists" seriously? Would going "soft on white supremacists" actually help Trump?
AND... sunk costs in Afghanistan, fights on Planet Libertarian, and Matt doesn't want to punch any grannies.
Happy birthday, Hollywood (wherever he is).
Rank #6: 032 w/ Andrew Schulz “President Trump: Worst Tuesday Ever?" - The Fifth Column
The election is finally over, and Donald Trump is President Elect of the United States... "What the hell happend!?" This weighty audio dispatch may help sort out a few things. Moyhinan, Welch and Foster are reunited. Andrew Schulz of the Brilliant Idiots podcast makes a return appearance.
You're going to be fine... Really. everythings gonna be OK. We think...
Rank #7: 121 “On Anti-Racism w/ Glenn Loury, John McWhorter, Coleman Hughes, Thomas Chatterton Williams”
Coleman Hughes- Undergraduate Philosophy major at Columbia University, and a columnist at QuilletteRecorded:11/17/2018Published: 11/22/2018
Rank #8: 064 "It's Blackmail, Presser in Poland, Jay Z: Feminism"
A Helpful Guide to This Weeks Dispatch:
· No Mic for Anthony Fisher
· Kmele read 22 books this weekend (including Letters to a Young Contrarian, The Shadow of the Panther)
· Moynihan talks about Hitchens
· Something about the Black Panthers, Lew Rockwell, Marvin Gaye and Berry Gordy
· Russian tourist abuses child
· Moynihan outs an octogenarian former Nazi at a barbecue (sort of)
(We're at about the 20 min mark here.)
· #CNNBlackmail scandal (False Start)
· President Trump in Poland (Did You Know: POTUS was once on a show called "The Apprentice")
· An Actual #CNNBlackmail conversation
· North Korea
· Jay-Z Isn't a Feminist
· Colin Kaepernick, Fredrick Douglas (What the 4th of July Means to a Slave)
Rank #9: 010 w/ Thaddeus Russell "The Strip Tease Convention, #MehTrump and Russell v Moynihan” - The Fifth Column
Is there any city more remarkable then Orlando, Florida? Yes.
Plus: "It's not dodging when Bernie does it!" and "Russel vs Moynihan: This time it's personal".Foster, Welch and Moynihan discuss... Thaddeus Russell (http://www.thaddeusrussell.com) drops by.
Rank #10: 056 “James Comey Gets Sh**canned, Julian Assange is Still at Large” - The Fifth Column
Is former FBI boss James Comey's unexpected and unceremonious termination a Nixonesque attempt to bury the Russian narrative once and for all... Is it just the latest salvo from a calculating monster with totalitarian asperations... Or maybe the Trump regime is just about as inept as it seems...
PLUS:- Clapper: "You ain't no got'damn journalist, Julian!" Assange: "You's a liar!" - What's this about Sea World!? Sounds Gross. - And Comey may be out, but we'll always have James Taylor (FTW)
Rank #11: 139 w/ Andrew Sullivan "Civil Rights, Immigration, Julian Assange, Too Many Popes"
w/ Andrew Sullivan - Writer at Large for New York Magazine,
- Hating New York
- What Would Hitch Say?
- On Being a Reluctant, Problematic Civil Rights Pioneer
- Surviving a Death Sentence
- Immigration Backlash
- Obama Hated Identity Politics?
- Assange Arrested
- Pope Benedict blames the 60s
- Too Many Popes
- The Comfort of Religious Ritual
Rank #12: 066 “Seriously - Eventually We Get to Health Care, Immigration, Forensics et al”
- Trump tells-all to the Failing New York Times: "I should have never hired Sessions!"Welch talks John McCainTrumpCare spontaneously combusted (surprising no one)Next on the “Trump Legislative Agenda of Failure”: screwing up legal immigration, too!Forensic "Science" is so terrifyingLA 92 ("Certified Fresh!)
Rank #13: 131 “Jussie Smollett Indicted, Hate Crimes, Hacks in the Newsroom, Bernie"
- Jussie Smollett, Indicted (Kmele Totally Called That Shit)
- But Then Again, The Whole Gang Totally Called That Shit Too
- Coast Guard Neo-Nazi would-be terrorist arrested
- Kmele and Liz Plank on "Reliable Sources"
- Unreliable hate crime statistics
- Social Justice Judo
- CNN Hires Sarah Isgur Flores
- Bill Moyers, Problematic Icon
- Bernie Sanders, Front-runner
- Some Idiot Wrote This
- Download "Headspace" Today
Recorded: PM 2/20/2019
Rank #14: 065 w/ Eli Lake “Donald Jr Loves It, Moynihan's Great Big Movie Premier”
Recorded: July 12th, 2017
· Eli Lake Is a Superlative, Award-Winning Hebrew
· Fab Five Freddy Is a Foreign Policy Genius
· “I’m a White Male…”
· Lies, Damn Lies, and IT’S TREASON!
· Lacrosse Team Away Games
· Eli Slow Claps
· World in Disarray: Mosul/Afghanistan Edition
Eli Lake, columnist @ Bloomberg View, swings by.
Rank #15: 058 “Mayhem in Manchester, Deals with Devils, and Collusion Most Foul” - The Fifth Column
"If they're buying off this president, they're really not getting their money's worth." - Michael Moynihan
Do terrorists hate us for our freedom? Are the Saudis just "guided by the beauty of our weapons"? Will Welch start drinking before 11 am? The answers may surprise you. All this and more on a new Fifth Column.
Plus: Commemorative drug paraphernalia. The Moynihans convert to Judaism (but just for the holidays). And The Fifth Column is *probably* expanding to SiriusXM!
Rank #16: 012 "Terrorism, Gun Control and Magical Thinking” - The Fifth Column
When responding to acts of terrorism, is it best to:
A) Employ oversimplification, generalized suspicion and hastily drawn conclusionsB) "Act erratically and blindly lash out at everything"
Foster, Welch and Moynihan discuss...
Rank #17: 076 “Gun Rights, Filthy Speech, Cordon Sanitaire”
Recorded on Thursday, October 5th, 20171) First Amendment Controversies
2) Meditations on the Las Vegas and the Second Amendment
3) An Homage to Catalonia (particularly on the subject of secession, with additional remarks on Kurdistan)
- Kmele Heads to ComicCon, Bumps into TNCMoynihan vs Melba
Rank #18: 107 w/ Ben Domenech "On Acting, Russian Indictments, Putin and Trump, Just Say The Word”
w/ Ben Domenech (Publisher, The Federalist)
Acting Trans, Scaling the BuildingRussian IndictmentsTrump/PutinThe New Vietnam SyndromObama's Mandela SpeechWould that we could all say [that one word] - Part IIWHO FUNDS THE FEDERALIST?
(Recorded Wednesday, July 18th, 2018)
Rank #19: 080 w/ Josh Zepps “Mueller's Inquest, Silicon Hearings, Proportionate Fear"
Recorded on Thursday, Novemer 2nd, 2017
With Special Guests:
Josh Zepps - Host, #WeThePeople LIVE (@WTP_Live, @joshzepps)
Rank #20: 144 - w/ Coleman Hughes "Reparations, Congressional Testimony, Rap Battles"
w/ Coleman Hughes
- Everyone Told Coleman Not To Testify
- Age, Experience, Credentials
- Lethal Weapons, Imaginary Friends
- “Shame Shame”
- Full Puerto Rican
- Moral Alchemy
- Coleman Reads His Mentions
- We, They, Us
- Candace Owens, Lil Pump, And The Decline of Western Civilization