Rank #1: Do This To Get To The Next Level
- A chance encounter leads to some amazing life lessons. - Lora is debt free (and with a better credit score than Scott)! - Resources you can use to deal with customer no service. Listener questions: - William asks about travel reward cards and if its better to use them to book trips or get credit back after the trip. - Jessica's husband is in jail and he was the sole income earner. She is in a bind. - Andrew wants to put more money in a bank account than FDIC insurance covers. Is it a good idea? - Carlene's roommate moved out, then she needed a new car. She is stuck in the paycheck-to-paycheck cycle. Also mentioned on the show: - The story of some elders who have life insurance policies that may not cover them. - Credit cards hacks you may have never heard of. SoundCloud: http://soundcloud.com/zdontherapper FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/zdontherapper/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zdon_the_rapper/
Rank #2: How Much Should You Put In Your Emergency Fund Each Paycheck?
- Ana (Wellington, FL) asks about filing for bankruptcy to get a fresh start. - Libraries are under attack! Scott shares why these valuable resources should remain and all they have to offer. - Adrian is starting a new job and wants to know how much to put into an emergency fund each month. - Vickie (Laveen, AZ) wants to help herself and her children to earn extra money so they no longer have to struggle. - Business ideas for teenagers. - This company is paying back tens-of-millions in fraudulent charges. Are you owed money? - The story of a teenager who isn't letting growing up poor define him.
Rank #3: How Millionaires Spend Their Money
On today's show: Could you spot a millionaire in the grocery store? Probably not. Hear about what it takes to get to millionaire status and what those who have, spend their money on. - A survey by T. Rowe Price shows parents raiding their kids college funds to pay for everything but college. - Melissa is losing a second source of income and needs advice on paying off credit cards. - Olga (Italy) is a scuba instructor barely getting by and asks for help on increasing her income. - Are you letting security rob your ambition? - Two facts about insurance everyone should now. Links mentioned on the show: Please share the show by visiting http://ShareTheShow.com https://www.influencive.com/real-life-millionaires-spend-money/
Rank #4: Are Emergency Funds A Thing Of The Past?
- Bruce Williams. 6th greatest radio host of all time. Retired. And he should stay that way. - Anthony (YouTube) asks if he has a regular IRA if he can convert it to a Roth IRA. - AT would like to make some housing upgrades but wonders if the money should be put towards other goals like retirement or an emergency fund. - Home buying mistakes every age group may be making. Have you made it? Scott has.
Rank #5: Millionaires and Expectations
On today's show: The 2017 Fidelity Millionaire Outlook reveals some interesting information on how Generation X and Generation Y view their finances. - Renee (AZ) is debt free except for her house and asks about where to put $900 extra each month she and her husband have in her spending plan. - Jenn (Bay Area, CA) fully funded her Roth IRA at the start of the year and now she's over the income limit. She asks how to correct the situation. - Are you in a job, a career, or a calling? - Quote of the day from Thurston Moore, Sonic Youth Links mentioned on the show: Please share the show by visiting http://ShareTheShow.com 2017 Fidelity Millionaire Outlook
Rank #6: the money decision of the year
Watch out for these warning signs that your financial plan is built on quick sand and not solid rock. - How to say no to a life insurance sales rep (Miguel, CA) - Should I pick two target date funds if I don't know when I'll retire (Legolas) - I'm in debt and don't know where to go (Kim) - How can I grow my clientele (TiQuisha, Hotlanta GA) - How to stop online shopping habits (Christine) - Warning from a listener about getting the right insurance (Scooby Doo) - Tax saving tip from Sunshine on getting the right deductions Mentioned on the show: NFCC.org - https://www.nfcc.org FREE How to Save $1,000 This Week: https://goo.gl/AUdUCu FREE Audio Book of 99 Minute Millionaire - https://goo.gl/tu8bZM
Rank #7: The Fastest Way To Pay Down Debt And Build Wealth
- Make this the day you focus on the small wins, and you'll get big results. - How often are experts right with their bold predictions? - Are you dating a cheapskate? - Travel hack to save on flights. - In the band - Rob is debt free and a millionaire. - Valentines day plans? Here's an alternative. Listener questions: - What are your thoughts on M1 Finance (The King, Oostburg, WI) - I have no source of income for my family (Jeremy) - Suggestion on how to build wealth and increase your lifestyle over time (3of11) - Thanks for sharing your wisdom (Sarah) - Save money on expensive car repairs (Rob, Richmond, VA) Resources/links: https://hbr.org/2016/12/research-the-best-strategy-for-paying-off-credit-card-debt FREE How to Save $1,000 This Week: https://goo.gl/AUdUCu FREE Audio Book of 99 Minute Millionaire - https://goo.gl/tu8bZM
Rank #8: How To Get Started In Real Estate
On today's show: Have you heard of job insurance? It's time to seriously think about getting some to protect your greatest asset. - Tax savings tip if you have young kids in private school. - The Magnificent Yappi has another bold prediction come true. Send him your money! - Jennifer wants a book recommendation about getting started in real estate. - Tabasum has $8,400 in debt and can barely make the minimum payments to get out of debt. - Nicole (Atlanta, GA) had her employer switch 401(k) providers and she asks for guidance on what to pick. - Lottery winners are sharing their tips on how to win the next jackpot. Better listen to them! Links mentioned on the show: Please share the show by visiting http://ShareTheShow.com http://www.lifehappens.org/
Rank #9: How To Have Better Money Habits
How can you improve your money everyday? What small actions will lead to massive results later? - Should you buy travel insurance? - How to turn a hobby into a business. The story of a private chef. Listener questions: - How much stocks and vs. should someone in their 20's have (Bert, Florida) - You don't know what you're talking about with Robert Kiosaki (Dawn) - What target date fund strategy would be better (Legolas) - Should I sell some investments to pay off our house (Brett, Pennsylvania) - How do I limit my spending and build savings (Luis) - I get scared when making financial decisions (Henry) Resources/links: Compare travel insurance - https://www.insuremytrip.com/ FREE How to Save $1,000 This Week: https://goo.gl/AUdUCu FREE Audio Book of 99 Minute Millionaire - https://goo.gl/tu8bZM
Rank #10: What Are You Worth?
On today's show: The importance of tracking your net worth and what it can reveal about your life. - Janet is ready to pay off her last debt and become debt free but has a question on dealing with a debt in collections. - R.S. argues how a new car or truck may save you money over a used car. - A quick update on the new tax bill. - Carlos (Italy) is getting started investing but has limited choices based on his country of residence. - JP (Atlanta, GA) is struggling to pay off debt. - The December Challenge is here! - Why you need a guide in your life. - Another example of bad marketing. - Scott eats grasshoppers. - An entrepreneur with autism starts his own business. Links mentioned on the show: Please share the show by visiting http://ShareTheShow.com https://www.wsj.com/article_email/an-entrepreneur-with-autism-finds-his-own-path-1511752381-lMyQjAxMTI3NjI2NzIyMTcxWj/
Rank #11: Ric Is Researching Paying Off His House Early
On today's show: Ric (San Antonio, TX) has heard both sides of the argument of paying off your house early or investing, and wonders which is best. - DJ (Cali) asks about the taxation of crypto currency. - MoneyWoman Abby shares the true cost of fast food. - Ty (Colorado) just graduated college and is almost debt free. He asks how to get start his adult life with a strong financial outlook. - Please ignore the following terrible advice from certain mortgage lenders. - Rob's wife has recovered from breast cancer but the treatment wiped them out. He has two daughters in college and asks for advice on how to recover financially. - Grove is a new service for discount financial plans. Is it right for you? - Simple things can improve your business dramatically. Links mentioned on the show: Please share the show by visiting http://ShareTheShow1.com Grove
Rank #12: How To Retire Really, Really Early
- Financial independence can come at any age, and at any income level. - The story of a generous customer who leaves a $10,000 tip. - Mo shares advice on how to reward good customer service. Listener questions: - How do I save money each month for an emergency fund (Vonda) - Can money from a 403(b) be withdrawn to pay for a house downpayment without tax and penalty (Emerson, Monterey, CA) - How can I live more efficiently and not have a bank account in the red all the time (Whitney) - How do I save money while earning minimum wage (Jordan) - Our financial plan is very week and we can barely eat (Alison) - How much can you withdraw from your retirement funds and have it last (Kevin, Atlanta, GA) Resources/links: https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/plan-participant-employee/retirement-topics-tax-on-early-distributions
Rank #13: The Best Place To Invest Right Now
- How an emergency fund can save you money over the long run. - Moving abroad to get out of debt and get ahead - Is a 401(k) the best place to put my money (No) Listener questions: - How to market a food product (Rachel Ray) - Using Acorns as opportunity fund (Walter) - Roboadvisors vs. three-fund portfolios (KC) - Worried about paying back a bank loan because things keep going wrong (Betta) - I'm tired of being a poor graduate student (Alexis) - Buying a townhouse while using credit cards to survive (Sean) Resources/link: Consumer Reports Extended Warranty Guide: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/extended-warranties/buying-guide/index.htm
Rank #14: How To Find Hope In Your Situation
- Scott shares some new and creative ways to save money every day. - R2D2 can't find financial help for an hourly fee and asks where to look. - Are you relying on a pension to fund your future? Another warning for failing promises you don't want to count on. - What's going on in your 401(k)? Another major company is being sued for $140M because of mistreating their employees. - Larry (Augusta, ME) had a financial hardship and wonders if he has any hope of retiring. - Is someone in your family (or you) going to make this huge retirement mistake? - William has a few negative marks on his credit and wants to know how to get rid of them. - Ana (Wellington, FL) feels like she is drowning and can't afford her car. - Robert is moving to a new city with his girlfriend and she doesn't want to discuss splitting up the bills.
Rank #15: Are You Just Working For A Paycheck?
What are three reasons people choose the career they do, and what questions should they be asking instead. - My friends got to stay in a $1M house on the lake. For free. Find out how. - Kayla shares the lessons she's learned about money. Listener questions: - I missed a couple credit card payments, how will it affect my credit score (Lucas, Ann Arbor, MI) - What's wrong with YNAB (Ava, Maine) - Can I get out of a car loan I co-signed for my brother (Jack, Columbia, South Carolina) - Is the debt avalanche or debt snowball better to pay off $22,000 of debt (Gavin, Nebraska) - What debts should I pay off with my tax refund (Lisa, Anchorage, Alaska) - Car buying tips before I go car shopping (Owen, Cheyenne, WY) - The contractor for my back deck isn't doing the work (Hannah, Ft. Worth, TX) - Are separate accounts for married couples normal (Reece) - Can I start an HSA if I'm self- employed (Yoda) Resources/links: House of Falling Embers, by Krystal Jane Ruin - https://www.amazon.com/House-Falling-Embers-Krystal-Jane-ebook/dp/B07GKMQQXJ Trusted housesitters - https://www.trustedhousesitters.com http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/25994/how-two-nfl-players-sweet-tooths-made-them-hands-on-business-owners FREE How to Save $1,000 This Week: https://goo.gl/AUdUCu FREE Audio Book of 99 Minute Millionaire - https://goo.gl/tu8bZM
Rank #16: ROBERT KIYOSAKI'S ADVICE IS FOR LOSERS
- Rich Robert, Poor You. Don't take my word for it, do your own research like I did. - Do you think you know what to wear during a job interview? - Watch out for this Amazon email scam. Listener questions: - Where should we focus next - student loans or the mortgage or the next house (Kelly, New Jersey) - Which is better a Roth 401(k) or Roth IRA (Margaret, California) - My wife isn’t open to giving up credit cards and using the envelope system (Jamie, Wilmington, Delaware) - I'm finally sticking with my spending plan (Alex) - Trying to decide which debts to pay down with our tax refund (Paul) - I've had two surgeries and am trying to keep myself afloat (Allistair) - I have $1.1M and am trying to figure out when I can retire (Steve) Resources/links: Pound Foolish, The Dark Side of the Personal Finance Industry: https://www.amazon.com/Pound-Foolish-Exposing-Personal-Industry/dp/159184679X https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rich-dad-education-the-ultimate-emotional-investment/ https://www.marketwatch.com/story/rich-dad-academy-a-poor-choice-for-investors https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/316902-my-experience-of-rich-dad-elite-legacy-event-scam FREE How to Save $1,000 This Week: https://goo.gl/AUdUCu FREE Audio Book of 99 Minute Millionaire - https://goo.gl/tu8bZM
Rank #17: When To Rent vs. Buy a Home
Renting can be a great for your sanity, situation, and security. Have you thought about what could go wrong if you follow bad advice and get a house too soon or for too much. - Save money on your LLC - Red alert warning - watch out for this marketing trick that will cost you money - Bea is saving for retirement after paying off some debts. Listener questions: - Where should I put my emergency savings (Casey) - How should my wife and I arrange our finances (Steve) - Any gotchas with a secure credit card (Joe) - How to save for retirement without a 401(k) (Rick, Seattle, WA) - My husband got laid off and is having trouble finding work (Lori, California) - My car needs expensive repairs. Should I buy a new one (Billie) Resources/links: FREE How to Save $1,000 This Week: https://goo.gl/AUdUCu FREE Audio Book of 99 Minute Millionaire - https://goo.gl/tu8bZM
Rank #18: Look At The Big Brains On Branjelina
Rank #19: Give Me Taxes
On today's show: What could be coming up with the new tax law changes and how will it impact your future income? - John (Apple Valley, CA) asks about the proposed changes to 401(k) contributions and what the average person is putting away for retirement. - Have you heard Chipotle will pay for your college education? - Seth has a question about the proposed $500,000 mortgage interest deduction being floated in the tax overhaul plan. - Jedi Knight has a new job and asks if his saving goals are appropriate. - Justin read Tony Robbin's book and asks about the All Weather Portfolio. - JM asks if SoFi is a good deal. - How one man makes a living buying and selling clearance items at Walmart. Links mentioned on the show: Please share the show by visiting http://ShareTheShow.com https://www.yahoo.com/gma/one-man-says-grosses-millions-reselling-clearance-items-145307272--abc-news-personal-finance.html
Rank #20: Five Important Financial Lessons I Will Teach My Kids
On today's show: What financial lessons should kids learn that could change the course of their lives forever? - Sherry (Canada) asks how to best prepare for the upcoming stock market crash. - DJ starts using YNAB and finds some savings in his budget. - Andrew is 21 years old and asks how credit cards can help someone. - Adriyan is 21 and wants advice on where to begin investing and earning income. - Joe (Farmington Hills, MI) has parents that are constantly leaning on him for money and needs help breaking their habits. - Listen to my friend Chad Jeffers story about visiting wounded soldiers while he was touring with the USO. Links mentioned on the show: Please share the show by texting http://GetFR.com to 3 people. http://chadjeffers.com