Rank #1: Concentration.
Nathan and Dan catch Becky up after a week at Camp Quest NorthWest. Becky explores how Secular Humanism can be used to address Trump’s immigration policy of inhumane terror. We address an atheist listener’s personal theory that we may be God creating itself.
Shelley Segal’s back! In celebration of her new release HOLY, Shelley has embarked on a North American West Coast Tour. Grab dinner and drinks around 5 or 5:30 at the Swiss Restaurant and Pub in downtown Tacoma–Shelley goes on around 6pm. Presented by Humanists of Washington and Ask An Atheist With Sam Mulvey, this event is open to the public. Families welcome! If you can’t make it on Sunday July 14, catch one day earlier at the Community Unitarian Universalist Church in Pasco! More information can be found at ShelleySegal.com or at Atheist.radio .
- Christians freak out about LeAnn Rimes’ tattoo
- US breaks law, fosters inhumane conditions in concentration camps and migrant detention centers
Resources and Links regarding a response to atrocities against migrants
- Lawyers for Good Government
- American Friends Service Committee
- United We Dream
- Northwest Immigrant Rights Project
- Lutheran Immigrant & Refugee Services detainee penpal program
- Orgs helping children affected by the crisis
I’m an atheist. Not a 100% confident atheist, because I still have unanswered questions. For example, I’ve heard of some religions preaching God is self and I have studied all religions including being an atheist knowing they could all [be] false. I believe the answer lies in the middle of the combined knowledge. Now if you believe in evolution you believe 2 billion years ago we were single celled organisms. So 2 billion years from now we will be as different from single celled organisms as we are today. Atheists love to ask if God created us then who created God? What if there is no God because we are God creating itself? Would love to discuss my theory further, [I] just don’t have the media like you do to get my idea out there.-Gary from The Internet
Rank #2: Kinda Weird Love Song
Becky, Justin, and Dan talk Christmas (music) in July, Church reader boards, OMG, highway cleanups, death, and world religions. Catch an”In God We Trust” redux on this episode, too.
- Baptist pastor echoes Trump tweet on church reader board; congregants walk out in protest
- Montana officials rescue 27 kids from abusive Christian “treatment” facility
- Northern Indiana Atheists adopt highway, spark good will
- Atheists, Jews, and people with diverse friends know most about world religions.
- “In God We Trust” on more school walls this fall
What is your favorite Christmas story? Song? Book? Meghann from Texas
I’m a fairly young atheist I’d like to ask is there a good replacement for saying “oh my god”? Or is it not a big deal? Kevin from Nebraska
Even though we won’t feel or experience it, do you still find yourself fearing death? It terrifies me. The thought of not existing anymore… Maybe it’s more of a fear of what I’ll miss and what I’ll leave behind. Bobb from Ohio