Rank #1: Episode 23: Sermon Prep w/ Sermonsmith Podcast
Apr 18 2016
Rank #2: 141: What's Your Sermon Prep Like For Youth Ministry?
Aug 16 2018
Rank #3: Episode 53: What's My Ministry Plan For Next Year?
Nov 09 2016
Rank #4: 80: What Do Middle School Ministry Students Need?
May 17 2017
Rank #5: 167: Do What You Have Been Called To Do Youth Ministry Leader! #WomenInYM
In episode 167 Kristen and Zac wrap up for our month long celebration of Women In Youth Ministry. You will be blessed by this encouraging and challenging word!
Again big congrats to our giveaway winner Rachel! She is now the proud new recipient of a PopSugar box for a year and our newest Youth Ministry Booster network member.
Key Takeaway: “Leadership is not gender specific”
- “Do what you have been called to do and do it to the best of your ability”
- The mark of a good leader is looking for a good opportunities for our leaders in training on their behalf.
- It’s amazing what people can do when people are poured into intentionally and their gifts are refined.
- "What are you calling out of your young leaders in training?"
- "You don’t ask therefore you don’t get. All of us can look back and see our entry into ministry through an ask."
- “We can’t be what we can’t see”
- "All of your students need to see women regularly leading”
Nov 12 2018
Rank #6: Episode 50: Elle Campbell: Youth Ministry Answers Podcast Co-Host, Stuff You Can Use Co-Founder
Oct 19 2016
Rank #7: 99: Ninety Nine Free Things Every Youth Minister Needs To Have
Sep 27 2017
Rank #8: 185: Reaching Students Just Outside Your Door For Your Youth Ministry
Episode 185 is here and it's clear that youth ministry fall season is in full swing!
Kristen and Chad are back for a fun discussion about vegan food fairs and reaching students just outside your door!
Learn how you can join Youth Ministry Booster and accelerate your leadership!
We are going to be @NYWC 2019 this year in Tampa are you?
NYWC Schedule! We have a booth and a podcast show slot! Don't miss out! Friday night late night has never felt so good!
Oct 03 2019
Rank #9: 91: What Is Successful Youth Ministry?
Aug 02 2017
Rank #10: Episode 62: How Do I Maximize My Youth Ministry Volunteers?
Jan 11 2017
Rank #11: Episode 68: What Do Parents Want From Youth Ministry?
Feb 22 2017
Rank #12: 170: Heather Lea Kenison "How Is Your Soul Youth Ministry?"
Hey-oh! It's episode 170 of the YMB podcast with special guest Heather Lea Kenison. Heather is a YM who knows the value of connecting with other YMs and we love her heart for connecting with other leaders in that way.
This interview is solid, zesty, and insightful and you will love hearing Heather's story of coming up in youth ministry and now leading and learning youth ministry for a bright new future.
Heather Lea Kenison serves at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Indianapolis, serving 5th-8th grade students and her families. A newlywed, Heather spends a lot of time with her husband and their one-eyed cat child. Heather believes that middle school ministry's purpose is to create a safe space for students to grow closer in relationship with God and others, and feels blessed to work with a dynamic team of volunteer leaders who make it their mission to live this out.
- "Even though I am in a different place now, I can say fundamentalism saved my life.”
- "Middle school kids; nothing feels safe for them, everything is changing, their body is betraying them”
Measuring an Invite Night
- Were students safe?
- Did they have fun in community?
- Did they learn a new thing about God?
- “My Volunteers Kept Me Here”
- “Why not have an accounting for every minute of youth group?”
- The idea of a holiness group asking... “How is your soul?”
Connect With Heather:
Jan 30 2019
Rank #13: 81: What Do High School Youth Ministry Students Want? w/ Harrison Engage Community Culture Podcast
May 24 2017
Rank #14: Episode 64: Is Social Media Even Worth It For Youth Ministry?
Jan 25 2017
Rank #15: 103: Scott Pontier Youth And Young Adult Ministry
Oct 25 2017
Rank #16: Episode 28: Will Summer Eat Me Alive?
May 18 2016
Rank #17: 168: Who Are The People You Talk Honestly With In Youth Ministry?
This one gets really good really fast!
In episode 168 Karl Romeus, Will Cumby, and Zac Workun talk about what it means to have the honest talks in youth ministry, with ministry peers, mentors, and younger leaders. Who are you honest with? What are the questions you are asking?
Who Are Your Honesty People?
- You can’t share armor with people who don’t know the battle.
- Young Leader Ask 2 Questions
- Have Someone Who Is not just one or two steps ahead of you, but 10 steps ahead of you
- 2 steps is next year's goals...10 steps ahead is who you want to become... This adds so much perspective
- Find yourself in settings where you are not talking much but listening and writing notes.
- Perspective means seeing things beyond problems and solution
- Find someone who is not just going to help you move your ministry forward, find someone who will help you move your life forward.
- Help me be a better human being. Help me be a better follower of Christ.
- Plateauing- is a term I have come to know...
- "Nothing Changes If Nothing Changes"
- “Don’t Mistake Buried For Planted”
- They grow tall because their roots are intertwined.
- One honest voice we must listen to… The Holy Spirit
- There’s nothing to hide with someone you don’t know
- Honesty opens us up to truth, don’t give into the fear of intimidation
- Attention young leader, person you are talking to knows you are using them to level up. So, become a learner.
- The thing you needed to hear might be the thing you didn't know to ask for...
Nov 14 2018
Rank #18: 161: Mary Margaret West Lifeway Students "Changes For Girls Ministry In Youth Ministry" #WomenInYM
In episode 161 Zac sits down with Mary Margaret from Lifeway Students to talk about the changing face, direction, and thinking about girls ministry in your youth ministry. For our month long emphasis on #WomenInYM this is an important discussion related to the young women in your church's youth ministry today.
Mary Margaret West serves as the Girls Ministry Specialist for LifeWay, which basically means that teenage girls and the women who lead them are her favorite people on the planet. She served several churches as a Girls Minister, has a master’s degree from New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, and is a former Event Coordinator.
Mary Margaret has a passion to equip girls and women to dive deeply into God’s word and live out their calling. Mary Margaret is married to Jonathan and they love living in Franklin, TN. Connect with her on Twitter or Instagram.
"Women in the church know the needs of teenage girls better than you do."
Free Entry For Your Chance To Win $500 of prizes for a year!
Contribute To The Conversation About #WomenInYM
Oct 24 2018
Rank #19: 95: Brock Morgan What Is The Future of Youth Ministry In A Post Christian World?
Aug 30 2017
Rank #20: Episode 31: Maybe If I Got More Organized?
Jun 08 2016