Rank #1: TT 159 - Rye Whiskey and Flu
Tom, Robert and a flu-ridden Mel get together to talk all things Tesla.
- We’re in the midst of National Drive Electric Week!! https://www.sierraclub.org/press-releases/2019/09/ninth-annual-national-drive-electric-week-kicks-september-14-22
- Miners union president: 'Coal's not back. Nobody saved the coal industry.' https://apple.news/A3B-Fhh_YTYOfm8NZ2OW56w
- Model S lapping the famous German circuit at a blistering 7:23—nearly 20 seconds faster than the 7:42 lap time set by the Porsche Taycan (Engage in a little tachycardia watching this Porsche video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m31EgQkswg )
- (https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a28815000/2020-porsche-taycan-nurburgring-record-lap-video/ )
- Tesla’s ‘Joe Mode’ in its V10 update is a lifesaver for parents https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-joe-mode-v10-update-best-feature-for-parents/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#click=https://t.co/EGNT04At4e
- Breaking: 28% Decrease In Tesla "Lost Work Day Injuries" At Fremont Factory, + Sensor Suits & Virtual Reality For Better Ergonomics | CleanTechnica https://cleantechnica.com/2019/09/10/breaking-28-decrease-in-tesla-lost-work-day-injuries-at-fremont-factory-sensor-suits-virtual-reality-for-ergonomics/
- The Shift to Electric Vehicles Propels a Strike Against GM | WIRED https://www.wired.com/story/shift-electric-vehicles-strike-gm/?bxid=5cc9e1b42ddf9c1a7adeb9e5&cndid=30487766&esrc=AUTO_PRINT&source=EDT_WIR_NEWSLETTER_0_DAILY_ZZ&utm_brand=wired&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_mailing=WIR_Daily_091719&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl&utm_term=list1_p4
- Tesla misses insurance firm’s ‘Safest Cars’ list because its EVs don’t crash often enough https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-disqualified-safest-cars-list-few-crashes/
- Tesla’s patent for a stealthy, electromagnetic wiper is perfect for the new Roadster https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-roadster-electromagnetic-windshield-wiper-patent/
Sep 19 2019
Rank #2: TT 151 - 4th Year Anniversary Show!
Mel, Tom and Robert get together to talk all things Tesla... Supercharging, gigafactories, SpaceX and The Boring Company all feature in the 4 year anniversary of the show.
- Inventory here: https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/ms?utm_campaign=FreeUnlimited&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
- flow batteries
- compressed air energy storage
- solid oxide fuel cells.
- Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Bureau approved a $48.6 million contract
Jun 03 2019
Rank #3: September 17th 2019
Sep 17 2019
Rank #4: November 7th 2019
Nov 07 2019
Rank #5: TT 153 - Shareholder Meeting Recap
Tom and Robert get together in Mel's absence to discuss the Tesla shareholder meeting.
United States Spend Ten Times More On Fossil Fuel Subsidies Than Education
Hot in here? Research shows extreme heat is killing Nevadans, and it’s only getting hotter-Reno Gazette Journal
Tesla 2019 Shareholder’s Meeting https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/11/timestamped-summary-of-tesla-shareholder-meeting/
Bob Lutz Talks Panel Gaps, Tesla, and Why Every Detail Matters-Road and Track self authored piece
Hydrogen station explodes, Toyota halts sales of fuel cell cars, is this the end? - Electrek
Tesla Gigafactory 3 builds up at incredible speed, already installing production equipment - Electrek
Here's a real Tesla Solar Roof quote and the price will shock you - Electrek
Astronomy Group Says Starlink and Other Satellite Constellations Could Threaten Science | Space
- The International Astronomical Union (IAU) is voicing concerns about the risk that SpaceX's Starlink and other planned massive satellite constellations in low Earth orbit pose to astronomy.
- To date, there have been fewer than 200 low earth orbit satellites
- The Iridium constellation
- The Globalstar internet networks
- The OneWeb constellation (in-progress)
- The Project Kuiper satellite internet (planned by Amazon)
- The Athena internet satellite (planned by Facebook)
- Asteroids a near threat: https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20KV2
Jun 24 2019
Rank #6: November 8th 2019
Nov 08 2019
Rank #7: Ep 125 - Cease and Desist
The guys begin this episode by calling out a certain podcast that has appeared with an awkwardly similar name! Robert tells the details of his recent car accident. Luckily, he was driving his Model S! The guys discuss. How long will it take to fix his S? How much will it cost? Mel talks about his recent Model X tyre replacement situation and his monthly Model S lease.They also catch up on the news of the past month for all things Tesla, Space X, Model 3 and more.
Aug 01 2018
Rank #8: Ep 57 - The Aftermath
Oct 25 2016
Rank #10: Ep 70 - The Alt Fact Episode
Jan 25 2017
Rank #11: TT 161 - Free Fallin’
Mel, Tom and Robert get together to talk all things Tesla.
“We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
- Smoke blankets L.A. as Saddleridge fire brings unhealthful air, pollution https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2019-10-12/saddleridge-fire-sends-smoke-across-l-a-as-santa-ana-winds-continue
- Typhoon Hagibis: death toll rises in Japan as ‘worst storm in 60 years’ roars through https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/oct/12/japan-typhoon-hagibis-tokyo-earthquake-rugby-flood-rain
- Watch here: https://twitter.com/AssaadRazzouk/status/1182983734682931200
- 'If they don't do it, we will': Greta Thunberg rallies climate strikers for long haul https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/oct/12/if-they-dont-do-it-we-will-greta-thunberg-warns-climate-strikers-of-long-haul
- North Dakota’s Standing Rock Indian Reservation (location of the protested KXL
- Here’s a nice article highlighting teenage climate activists: https://www.dw.com/en/greta-thunberg-arrives-us-fridays-for-future-in-the-us-a-small-but-determined-movement-a-50146485/a-50146485
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Sent Greta Thunberg an Electric Car https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/a29279061/arnold-schwarzenegger-greta-thunberg-tesla/
- Eliud Kipchoge Breaks Two-Hour Marathon Barrier https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/12/sports/eliud-kipchoge-marathon-record.html
- Tesla to open new ‘Tesla Centers’ to avoid dealership restrictions, increase deliveries https://electrek.co/2019/10/12/tesla-centers-dealership-restrictions-increase-delivery/
- 15 Tesla Semi electric trucks to replace diesel trucks at Pepsi facility https://electrek.co/2019/10/04/tesla-semi-electric-trucks-replace-diesel-trucks-pepsi/
- Tesla Pickup Truck still on track for November unveiling https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-pickup-truck-unveiling-still-on-track-for-november/
- Ford Truck Engineer Linda Zhang Explains Electric F-150 Plans https://www.trucks.com/2019/09/18/ford-truck-engineer-explains-electric-f-150-pickup-plans/
- Volvo Trucks Unveils Electric Truck, Readies Commercialization https://
Oct 15 2019
Rank #12: Ep 27 - The Model 3 And The Giant Bum
Mar 29 2016
Rank #13: Ep 79 - TESLA gives you EVERYTHING
Elon's big tweet storm this week gave us a lot to talk about! Much discussion ensues about the expectations of the Model 3, the Model Y, and the solar roof. Mel is also in great spirits as his Falcon Wing doors were fixed! He was also informed that the firmware update which could fix the wavy lines is only a week away. Tom is away this week, so its just Robert and Mel in the studio, covering all this week's news, including Space X, Gigafactory, Supercharger updates, and kids suing to save the climate!
Mar 28 2017
Rank #14: Ep 124 - The Return With No S
Talking Tesla is BACK! And the guys are excited! This first episode of Season 3 the guys hit on some of the bigger news that when down while they were off the air, but mainly they focus on the recent Tesla "Earnings" Call.
Jun 23 2018
Rank #15: Ep 64 - Mel's Buying Model 3's For Everyone
Dec 13 2016
Rank #16: Ep 126 - Supercharge This!
Lots of Tesla and Elon discussions and plenty of solar and gigafactory chats. Also they get into some hyperloop, SpaceX, Tesla SEMI, Tesla pick-up-truck and autonomous driving commentary.
Sep 04 2018
Rank #17: October 9th 2019
Oct 09 2019
Rank #18: EP 106 - Elon's BFR
This week's episode focuses on the big Mars and Earth news from Elon's presentation at the International Astronautical Congress in Adelaide, Australia. Specifically, Elon announces Space X's 'BFR', the largest rocket ever! Also, Talking Tesla has exclusive audio of Elon unveiling the progress on the world’s largest battery, in South Australia (thanks to Brad Clark). Another huge week in Supercharger news, and lots of other EV news and fun.
Oct 03 2017
Rank #19: Ep 3 - What's all the hype about hyperloop?
Jun 25 2015