Rank #1: S06E01 The Green River Killer - Gary Ridgway PLUS Todd Kohlhepp, Billy Chemirmir, Roberta Williams
This week on Monsters Who Murder: Serial Killer confessions we examine one of America’s worst known serial killers. The case, known as the Green River Killer remained unsolved for more than two decades until DNA advancements enabled suspect, Gary Ridgway, to be finally identified.
In the news section:
- Police investigate possible serial killer after three women are found shot dead near St Louis within a month
- A TV producer working on a reality show with gangland widow Roberta Williams and her associates claims he was kidnapped in a bizarre bid for money.
- Dallas County prosecutors will seek the death penalty against Billy Chemirmir Serial killer Todd Kohlhepp says public knows only 10% of his crimes
Join our Patreon community: https://www.patreon.com/MWMconfessionsFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #2: S04E01 Jeffrey Dahmer PLUS Charles Manson, Leslie Van Houten, Bruce McArthur, Elizabeth Wettlaufer & Joseph Brant
Our psychological profile this week is on sexual serial killer, necrophiliac and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer. Dahmer murdered at least seventeen men and boys in Milwaukee over 2 decades. He is considered one of the most heinous killers of all time. His calm and controlled demeanour during the court case and interviews belied the true nature of the monster he was.
He was sentenced to sixteen life sentences – an accumulative total of almost 1,000 years for his crimes – Illinois does not have the death penalty. He would serve a little over 2 and a half years before being murdered by a fellow prisoner.
**You can vote for us in The Australian Podcast Awards here: VOTE
In our news section:
- The youngest of Charles Manson’s followers has been recommended for parole
- Canadian serial killer Bruce McArthur pleads guilty to the murders of eight men.
- Elizabeth Wettlaufer confesses to attacking a fifteenth elderly patient, but the information is kept from the public
- New Orleans serial killer Joseph Brant tries to cut a deal
Part 2 is available now at https://www.patreon.com/MWMconfessionsFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #3: S05E01 Charles Manson PLUS Snowtown Killer, Nicholas Gibson & alleged Dutch serial killer arrested
Charles Manson is one of the most infamous names in American history.
1967 had seen hippie culture take over in a revolutionary movement of peace and love in what became known as the Summer of Love. But just 2 years later in the underbelly of the sub-culture, another revolutionary movement was brewing and by August 1969 it exploded across the world.
It was to be called Helter Skelter - a race war started by a tiny yet charismatic leader of a group, known as "the family".
Before his death in 2017 Charles Manson gave many interviews to the media but didn’t always tell the truth. We will take you through his claims and the evidence… piece by piece.
IN OUR NEWS SECTION:
- Snowtown killer Robert Wagner denied parole
- A man caught on suspicion of murder confesses to 6 other killings
- Dutch police arrest a man over the deaths of 3 elderly people who were killed while walking their dogs
Listen to part 2 right now here: https://www.patreon.com/MWMconfessionsFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #4: EPISODE 8: Unexpected Deaths
**This episode contains a discussion about suicide**
On the first anniversary of the death of her husband, Amanda talks about the impact his suicide has had on her life and the kids he left behind.
Her insight will help bring new understanding to some famous cases where people have been taken unexpectedly.
We also hear from people who lost their loved ones to serial killers, mass shootings, terrorist attacks, domestic violence and murder.
While the subject matter is difficult, we urge you to listen to Amanda's story for an understanding or the different ways unexpected deaths affects different people.
For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #5: S03E08 The Manson Family - The Murder of Sharon Tate PLUS Ian Brady (The Moors Murder), Anita Cobby Killer Attacked AND Billy Chemirmir
This week we profile the mass killings known as the Tate and LaBianca murders.
These were the murders of seven people that occurred over two nights in August, 1969. They are some of the most brutal and shocking murders to occur in American history.
We’ll examine the testimony and interviews with the killers… and find out how they look back on the crimes in hindsight.
Plus we’ll take you through the timeline of events how it changed the time in America known as the summer of love.
In our news section;
- Newly released files show Moors Murderer Ian Brady had access to vulnerable teens in jail with one young inmate alleging the child killer had sex with him.
- One of the men convicted of murdering Sydney nurse Anita Cobby has been attacked in prison.
- Google location tracking data has allegedly placed serial killer suspect Billy Chermirmir at the scene of deaths at an independent living facility.
- The Department of Education in New South Wales, Australia, has been accused of a cover-up after files of an alleged paedophile went missing.
The next episode with an exclusive recording of Charles Manson confessing to an additional 17 murders is available right now here: https://www.patreon.com/MWMconfessionsFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #6: COLD CASE COLLECTION Episode 1: Gilbert Bogle & Margaret Chandler
To celebrate 1 million downloads Amanda & Robert are sharing episode 1 of the subscription-only series "Monsters: Cold Case Collection". This episode focuses on the mysterious deaths of Gilbert Bogle & Margaret Chandler.
If you would like to continue hearing this series please go to https://www.patreon.com/MWMconfessions and subscribe to the $10 tier (or higher).
Thank you for supporting us.For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #7: S05E10 Charles Manson - Trial & Aftermath PLUS Kathleen Folbigg, "Toy Box" killer, Suspected NSW Serial Killer & Candian killers on the run
In the final episode of our special series looking into Charles Manson and the Manson Family we turn our attention to the trial and aftermath.
The summer of love and hippie culture was about to be destroyed by the realisation that the murders were perpetrated by those who sprouted peace and love but it would not be an easy ride and there were be more murders before the case was done.
On August 10, 1969 the two cases, the Tate Murders and La Bianca murders were splashed across the news bulletins, but it was not going to be an easy case to solve and early details were dismissed.
In our news section:
- Questions asked over whether a serial killer is on the loose on the east coast of New South Wales in Australia
- Canadian authorities issue a warning about two teenagers believed to be on the run after a series of killings
- Elderly Man Released From Prison Deemed Too Old To Be Dangerous Kills Again
- Judge says an inquiry into the conviction of Kathleen Folbigg only served to reinforce her guilt
- A woman considered on of New Mexico’s most notorious predators after pleading guilty to kidnapping and sexually torturing women is now a free woman.
Rank #8: S04E08 HH Holmes PLUS Jack The Ripper, Claremont Serial Killer & Bowraville
Herman Webster Mudgett is more commonly known as Dr Henry Howard Holmes, or HH Holmes.
He was a monstrous killer who murdered, defrauded, and conned his way across America. His crimes were finally stopped when he was hanged for the murder of a friend in Philadelphia in 1896 at the age of 34.
In our news section:
- Has Jack the Ripper finally been identified?
- A new twist in the Claremont serial killer trial
- Justice may finally come to the families of the victims in the Bowraville serial killer case
Buy tickets to Amanda's death museum here: https://www.stickytickets.com.au/82289/memento_mori_death_museum.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3sGDkN0ehGyLyTmoUXYGUZ-vaQQJ-hRxc4MUX_RMe95c38M4UESBinVsU
If you are interested in viewing the documentary HH Holmes: America’s First Serial killer by John Borowski, you can order copies at hhholmesthefilm.com or view it on Amazon Prime.For information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #9: BONUS - COLD CASE COLLECTION EPISODE 2
For those needing a break from our in-depth look at Charles Manson we present a bonus episode usually reserved for our Patreon subscribers.
In episode 2 of Monsters Who Murder: Cold Case Collection we investigate a strange case, that has been referred to as the Yogtze case, and has gone down in infamy in Germany as one of their strangest cases to date.
If you'd like access to all the episodes from our Cold Case Collection then subscribe to the $10 or more tier on our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/MWMconfessionsFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy
Rank #10: S04E03 Anita Cobby PLUS The Teacher's Pet, Samuel Little, Grandpa Killer & Samuel Galbraith
Our psychological profile this week is on the horrifying rape, torture and murder of Anita Cobby on February 2, 1986. Anita was a young Sydney nurse who was walking home from the train station after a night out with friends.
Her father would normally pick her up when she called, but the public payphone was broken. Her only choice was to walk the 1km distance to her parents’ home.
She would never make it home alive.
In our news section;
- A serial killer sketches his victims to help identify them
- Is a serial killer responsible for the deaths of three elderly men?
- Why a killer released on parole is suing
Get early access to new episodes by subscribing here: https://www.patreon.com/MWMconfessionsFor information regarding your data privacy, visit acast.com/privacy