Rank #1: 109: Bacteria, C-Sections & Why Your Probiotic Isn't Working
Mine aren't. I came across Dr. Zach Bush in my personal quest to solve my prolonged gut issues. Even a 5-day fast didn't reset me fully. What am I doing wrong? Dr. Zach had a lot to say, including LOTS of surprising information.
What We Talk About:
- Why gut health is EVERYTHING, but we've still got it wrong...
- Biodiversity is critical for a healthy gut
- What's the role of bacteria in our gut health, and what C-sections, antibiotics, and -- ARE YOU SITTING DOWN? - probiotics are doing to hurt us
- What does it mean to have an intelligent gut?
- Why you should let your kids get dirty!!
- Where most probiotics come from and why they don't work
- How we can completely transform and repairer guts - no matter where we're starting
GET THE SHOW NOTES: http://onairwithella.com/109/
Rank #3: 094: What My 3-day Fast Taught Me About Binge Eating, Cravings, Weight Loss
This whole journey has taught me so much. I detail the mental and physical journey in this episode, and I announce my next small group fasting period. Save the date if you're interested (week of March 12, 2017), and connect with me on Facebook so you get all of the updates!Reminders:
- Listen to On Air with Ella episode 090 and episode 092 for all the background info on the January 2017 fast
- Get Jimmy Moore and Dr. Jason Fung's book, The Complete Guide to Fasting
- Join the private Facebook page if you're interested in the small group fasting experience
- I am only sending email content to people who have asked for it. If that's you, jump on my mailing list.
- Download Ella's Personal Fasting Protocol: This chart shows what I consumed during my 3-day water fast (versus my standard intermittent fasting times).
Rank #5: 100: Healthy at Home: Detox Your House!
SHOW NOTES: http://onairwithella.com/100/
Health Starts at Home
90% of the lead dust in our home can be eliminated with one very simple and free change. Can you guess what it is?
You don't have to. Meghan Telpner and Josh Gitalis are giving us the scoop! Join us as they take us on a virtual tour of our home and tell us what to look for, and how to make simple changes.
Meghan and Josh have developed an online course for those of you who want to know more. This is an incredible training for those of you who might want to turn this into a project for yourself or maybe even a small business helping others!
Rank #6: 105: Money + Health + Happiness: Funding Your Purpose
Krisstina Wise is a real estate mogul, Money Coach, and creator of several multi-million dollar businesses including Goodlife Luxury, The Paperless Agent and WealthyWellthy. She is also author of the Amazon Best-Seller Falling for Money. After nearly losing her life in 2013 and spending almost half a million dollars (!!) to get it back, she wants to change the world by inspiring others to build extraordinary wealth and optimal health.What We Talk About
1. How to be prudent with money 2. Common mistakes we make in trying to build wealth 3. Money matters (more than anything!?) 4. How managing your money can translate to living your purpose 5. How $1 million in savings only equates to $40,000 in income
This is the last installment of my recent shows on financial wellness as we continue on our Life Balance Wheel series!
Rank #8: 116: Dr. Zach Bush Q&A - Bloating, Bacteria & Achieving a Healthy Biome
He's back to due to popular demand...
Dr. Zach Bush is answering all of the questions that you asked after hearing him in episode 109!
GET THE SHOW NOTES: onairwithella.com/116
WHAT IS RESTORE?
Dr. Wiggy, my repeat guest and also my doctor, recommended this product to me to assist with gut restoration. Then I found out from Dr. Zach the he actually created this product. If you're interested in trying it, you can grab it on Amazon or direct from Dr. Zach here: shop.restore4life.com.
Rank #9: 001: Joe Cross was Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
Did you see the movie Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead? 20 million people did, and helped Joe Cross start a revolution.
Joe is a man truly living his purpose. He left his successful career in finance and directed his entrepreneurial efforts to bringing his message to the world. I had the pleasure of interviewing Joe (writer, producer, star of both films) upon the release of the sequel (cleverly known as “Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2”) where we find out what happens AFTER he fasted for 60 days on nothing but juice, lost more than 80 pounds, and healed himself from the disease that plagued him for years.
Spoiler alert: things got harder.
In this episode Joe Cross tells us:
- What happened after he lost more than 80 pounds and stopped filming Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
- Whether just adding juice to our diet is helpful (vs “Just Juice” fasting)
- Common mistakes people make when trying juicing
- The best time to juice, and when not to
- Why on Earth he fasted for 60 days, filmed it…and then made Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead 2
- What’s hard for him about staying healthy and what he does about it
- His favorite juice recipe
- How to "reboot"
- And, how to find juice near you!
Learn more at www.OnAirwithElla.com - all of the resources mentioned in today's show can be found there.
Join the Ella "Fellas & Bellas" on Facebook for updates, photos, tips and resources that you won't find anywhere else!
Rank #10: 097: Fasting for Healing - March 2017 Event
SHOW NOTES: onairwithella.com/097
Is it true that you should eat every few hours to keep your metabolism from slowing down?
If you fast, are you setting yourself up to lose muscle?
Get ready for some serious myth-busting today!
Fasting for Healing
We talk about fasting and the health & hormonal response created by extended fasting protocols, plus:
- concerns about crash dieting
- the physiological response to fasting
- who should not fast
- who might want to consider an extended fast
- anti-aging benefits of fasting
- body composition impact of fasting
- our March 2017 group fasting adventure
Rank #11: 122: A real cure for B L O A T I N G ? Dr. Kenneth Brown says YES.
SHOW NOTES & GIVEAWAY DETAILS: http://onairwithella.com/122
TALK TO ME: Leave a review (or request a topic!) in iTunes.
Rank #12: 124: The Perfect Diet? Part I - Dr. John Berardi
Vegan, Vegetarian, Keto, Paleo, Mediterranean...Is there a perfect diet? Dr. John Berardi of Precision Nutrition joins us for Part I of "The Perfect Diet."
Show notes: www.onairwithella.com/124
Support the show: https://www.patreon.com/onairwithella
Join the private mastermind group: onairwithella.com/coaching
Rank #13: 090: The F-Word...Jimmy Moore on Fasting for Healing
What We Talk About:
- Fasting and...
- Weight loss – the role of insulin.
- What happens every time we eat? What happens when we fast?
- Anti-aging – overeating suppresses HGH by more than 80%. A 2-day fast stimulated HGH by 5x. WOW!
- Healing – type 2 diabetes, metabolic disorder, gut issues, insulin resistance
- Do you have to have a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle in order to fast? (spoiler alert: no)
- Common myths about fasting
- How to do it - there are SO MANY versions of fasting and intermittent fasting
- Who should absolutely not fast?
Rank #15: 102: Create Your Money Breakthrough - Ryan Yokome
Ryan Yokome says there are typically two beliefs that stop people from making money doing what they love:
- The belief that it’s not right to make money from doing what you love.
- The belief that this never enough money and you have to be careful with what you have.
How do you change these beliefs? We're talking all about it in today's episode. This is one of several shows I'll be doing to continue our Life Balance Wheel series in the area of financial health.What We Talk About:
- What meaning are you associating with money?
- How does your mindset affect your ability to attract money to you?
- What's your money story? How to create a more empowering belief.
- The evolution: Surviving --> Saving --> Serving
- Follow along! Click Here to Download the Life Balance Wheel Worksheet
- How to complete the worksheet: score each area as where you are today. The goal is not to have a high score everywhere. It's simply a tool to evaluate where you're strongest, and which areas you want to focus on next.
Rank #17: 053: Lean Habits - Georgie Fear
Georgie Fear's 4 Core Eating Behaviors for Lifelong Leanness:
Lean Habit #1 - Eat 3-4 meals a day (without snacking)
Lean Habit #2 - Master Your Hunger
Lean Habit #3 - Eat Just Enough
Lean Habit #4 - Eat Mostly Whole Foods
All resources mentioned can be found at:www.onairwithella.com
Rank #18: 172: Reduce Anxiety, Emotional Eating & Stress through Tapping - Megan Buer
SHOW NOTES: www.onairwithella.com/172
What is Tapping / Emotional Freedom Technique and Why Would We Use It? Megan Buer is answering all of our questions about this modality, how to do it on our own, and why we would want to.
Rank #19: 031: Frumpy at 40, Fabulous at 56 - Tosca Reno
At age 40, author Tosca Reno found herself miserable, overweight, stuck in an unhappy marriage, and living an unfulfilled life. At 42, she found herself competing in her first bodybuilding contest. What happened in between is the stuff of legend.
Fit and radiant at age 56, Tosca Reno is the New York Times best selling author behind Your Best Body Now and the Eat Clean Diet Series. She is also a certified Nutritional Therapy practitioner, a fitness model, columnist, and a motivational speaker.
Tosca teaches others how to alter their eating habits, to lose or maintain weight, gain muscle, boost metabolism, increase energy and be happier, healthier people living with purpose.
Find all resources mentioned at www.onairwithella.com
Have you connected with me on Facebook? We share lots of content, recipes, photos, motivation and more over there, so COME ON OVER. :-)
Rank #20: 003: 20 Mins of Exercise a Day Changed her Life (and her Body!)
Debbie had a great husband, a comfortable life and a muffin top. Then, her world collapsed around her when she was widowed and left to raise her 4 young boys on her own.
Listen to Debbie explain how she went from eating Lucky Charms and fast food to learning about nutrition and exercise in a way that was new and totally do-able. Find out how she has done a total 180 and manages to stay healthy, fit and - let’s be honest - totally hot!
Learn more about how this super fit chick found her best self in the midst of such trial and tribulation - and what happened next…
In this episode:
- Four kids in four years…Surprise! My jeans don’t fit.
- Why calorie counting and extra long workouts suck at getting you lean
- From Lucky Charms to REAL food…and how eating fat does not make you fat
- The merits of vodka and celery... (kidding. sort of.)
- 20 minutes a day will change your life. And your jeans size.
- Why no gym is no excuse
All of the resources mentioned in today's show can be found at www.OnAirwithElla.com
And....join the Ella's "Fellas & Bellas" on Facebook for updates, photos, tips and resources that you won't find anywhere else!