Rank #1: 165 - Scripts & Dialogues with Alexis Bolin
Alexis serves the Pensacola, FL area, and has been in the business for 40 years. In 2017, she sold 100 units with a team of just 3. In today's episode, we'll cover how scripts and dialogues create the solid foundation that allows us to handle any client interaction scenario.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Why use scripts and dialogues
- How to get over your squeamishness
- protecting commissions
- getting the listing in today's market
- initial pricing and price adjustments
- multiple offers
Apr 24 2018
Rank #2: 201 - 22 Deals In Her First Year With Emily Wheeler
Emily Wheeler is a licensed Realtor with Harry Norman Realtors in Atlanta. She's 24, and is just going into her second year in the business. Despite her lack of experience, she closed 22 deals in her first year. She had several strategies for quickly learning the trade, and developing the skills necessary to succeed in the industry.
In today's episode, we discuss the steps you can take as a new agent to get on your feet quickly and forge a quick path to success.
In this episode, you'll learn..
- No Database - How she got started
- 68% of deals came from Facebook and Instagram
- Facebook groups
- Networking Groups - Learn how to speak about real estate
- Open houses
Links and resources mentioned in this episode.
- INSTAGRAM handle- Emilytherealtor
To subscribe and rate & review visit one of the platforms below:
Follow Real Estate Success Rocks on:
Jan 01 2019
Rank #3: 176 - Air BNB Profitability Models with Andrew Keene
Andrew Keene is President & CEO of AlphaShark Trading, which he originally founded as KeeneOnTheMarket.com in 2011. Previously, Andrew Keene worked as a proprietary trader at the Chicago Board Options Exchange. He began his career in the prestigious Botta Capital 'clerk-to-trade' program, and would eventually co-found KATL Group.
Andrew currently actively trades futures, equity options currency pairs, and commodities. He is a regular guest market commentator on such networks as Bloomberg TV, CNBC, and Fox Business.
Keene's first love will always be trading, but he is arguably even more well known for building a trading room. Andrew is especially proud of having taught his personal strategies to over 50,000 students over the past 4 years.
In 2015, Andrew began appearing as a regular guest on CNBC's Trading Nation, where he focuses on educating viewers on equity options markets and the trading insights they provide. You can also find Andrew's contributions at Nadexand Money Show.
In today's episode, at the Askinosie Chocolate Factory in Springfield, the four of us discuss the question at the core of this show - How do each of us define success in our own lives?In this episode, you'll learn..
- The Air BNB business model
- Choosing and developing properties for Air BNB
- Setting up an Air BNB in your home
- Scaling the business
Jul 10 2018
Rank #4: 241 - Calling Expired Listings with Patrick Durkin
Patrick Durkin is a Las Vegas native. Before becoming a real estate agent, he spent several years in Phoenix, AZ as a mortgage banker working with Wells Fargo Private Mortgage Bank and Guild Mortgage Company. His background in finance and the advantage of being raised in Las Vegas give him a real advantage when dealing with clients unfamiliar with the area. Patrick states, "My favorite part of being a real estate professional is finding a solution for each and every client. Everyone has a unique story and serving my clients to play a role in their story with their real estate is one of the most gratifying experiences."
In today's episode, we discuss how to approach challenging expired listings clients, and create results for clients who have so far not had success in selling their property.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Built a $75k GCI pipeline in the first four months of calling expired listings
- How to: Calls & direct mail
- Call strategies: Vulcan 7 for dialer and data, Tom Ferry Scripts (tweaked once I knew the script), Science fair-style board with scripts and objection handlers.
- Mail strategies: White unbranded letter envelope with a letter and flyer showing proof of our past expired listing success stories, handwritten to and from addresses, and a decorative postage stamp.
- Appointment strategies: Print out the previous listing MLS and mark it up, red marker, highlight, circled, cross-out all of the mistakes, incorrect data, and other items that kept the home from selling. Inquire about the marketing strategies the previous agent used to try and sell the home. At the end of the day, expired listings are the toughest appointments to get, however, the easiest to convert.
- Conversion strategies: EMPATHIZE! How pissed would you be if your home sat on the market with no sale and what you thought was a trusted professional let you down? Pissed! Come from a place of understanding, LISTEN, acknowledge and affirm their pain, finally and most importantly, provide a VERY detailed solution to their problem with your detailed plan to get the home sold. Pearl: Listen to the Tom Ferry podcast with Alan Dalton about "How De-Motivating Your Clients Has Benn Killing Your Bottom Line". Implement these strategies when talking to your prospective clients, don't argue with them, don't make them feel dumb, and for goodness sake, stop talking about yourself and how awesome you are! (HINT: Their last agent talked about how awesome he/she was...look how that turned out)
- Website - https://www.lasvegasbroker.com/
- Instagram Account - https://www.instagram.com/patrick_durkin/
- Company name - The Durkin Group LV at Keller Williams Realty Las Vegas
Oct 08 2019
Rank #5: 236 - 46 Deals in First 9 Months with Casanova Brooks
My biggest assets to my clients are communication and accountability.
If you are looking for the most responsive, hungry, professional, and honest agent in Omaha, you’ve found him! I pride myself on being an energetic agent and willing to work hard to ensure that you feel comfortable and educated throughout your entire real estate transaction. You will always be treated with the utmost respect, dedication, and customer service. My promise is to pay attention to your specific needs and details so you get exactly what you desire!
Whether you’re selling your 5th home or your first, you can feel confident with the one-stop-shop service that myself and my team will provide! Interacting with other agents/brokers, contractors, and people in general on a daily basis allows me to learn something new every day, hone my craft, and build my network inside and out to market your home the best! I truly believe that this dedication to making meaningful connections has allowed me to complete 46 transactions and $7,800,000 in 2016.
When I’m not showing homes or working with clients, I’m enjoying time family time with my beautiful wife, energetic 6-year-old son and 6-month-old daughter.
In today's episode, we explore Casanova's story, of how he overcame an unfortunate series of events to become a successful solo agent.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Overcoming adversity
- Building your network
- Twitter: @casanova_brooks
- Instagram: casanova_brooks
Sep 03 2019
Rank #6: 163 - Social Media - What Works with Wayne Turner
Wayne has been selling homes for 22 years, and currently serves the New Orleans, LA, area. He runs Turner Real Estate Group and has a team of 7 people. In today's episode we're talking about Social Media, the unique opportunities it presents, and how it's changing the way we approach Real Estate.In this episode, you'll learn..
1) How & why to use Facebook
- Reply to ever single like, share and comment on every social platform.
- Put the apps on your phone.
- Follow every Facebook client
- Create Facebook list of past clients.
- Reverse Engineer – What do people like, what they do for fun, etc.
- Facebook Ads – How, Why, Cost & Return
2) Building out custom search pages with Real Geeks and Boomtown.
3) YouTube.com - Create Play List
4) Instagram – How, Why, How Much
- Instagram Ads – How, Why How Much
- Connecting with the Community – How & Why
- People are addicted to convenience.
6) Always give with no intensions of receiving but never be afraid to ask as soon as you feel you have giving enough to justify it.
7) It used to be TV, Newspaper and radio…Now it’s Vlog, Blog and Podcast. Social Media is word of mouth on Steroids.Links and resources mentioned in this episode.
Apr 10 2018
Rank #7: 237 - Lead Generation with Jimmy Rex
Jimmy Rex is one of the most extraordinary people that you will ever meet because he chooses to truly live his life and not let one moment go to waste. Jimmy is currently an active real estate agent based out of Utah. He has found success in the real estate industry, starting at a young age to selling over 2,000 homes by the time he turned 37. He has sold the highest-priced listing in Utah MLS history at 32.5 million in 2019.
Jimmy is also one of the most sought out coaches in the real estate industry. His course, 100K Agent Blueprint, is focused on helping Agents build their business with the help of learning new processes and techniques. He recently launched his second course, The Social Realtor which is a system designed for real estate agents to implement, learn and have all of the tools they need to start finding success while using social media to build their business.
In today's episode, we explore how to effectively use social media to generate business.In this episode, you'll learn..
- The importance of lead generation
- How you started your lead generation
- What worked, what didn't
- What you are focusing on now
Sep 10 2019
Rank #8: 221 - Working Your Sphere with Sara Lipnitz
Sara has spent 17 years in residential sales, with 11 years prior in commercial and multi-family. She serves the Woodward Corridor (Birmingham, Bloomfield & Royal Oak Michigan) outside of Detroit. In 2017, she and her part-time business manager sold 41 units for $23,280,000. A Buyer's Agent has now joined the team since 2018.
In today's episode, we discuss focusing on your existing network as an alternative to constant lead generation.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Why I decided to stop spending money on advertising and focus all my efforts on working my sphere
- Staying true to ME & why "high touch" works for me
- How I organize my sphere
- Staying in my lane - learning to say "no" is freeing
- How do I work my tier 1 clients, tier 2 & tier 3 clients
- Annual themes
- Client door drops
- Client events
- Max Broock Birmingham / Sara Lipnitz & Associates
- Instagram: SaraLipnitz Twitter @saralipnitz
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SaraLipnitzHomes/
May 21 2019
Rank #9: 181 - Door Knocking with Wendy Starr & Lindsay Smith
Wendy and Lindsay are partners in life as in business, having worked together for the past 5 years in Whitby, Ontario, a suburb on the east side of Toronto. Their focus is converting leads into relationships of which one effective lead source is door knocking. Lindsay has been in the business for 31 years and Wendy for 10. They originally met at Patrick Lilly's Essence Purpose and Mission Seminar in Sedona, AZ in 2012 and shortly thereafter fell in love.
Today we'll be discussing how face to face lead generation via door knocking presents unique opportunities, such as creating social gatherings to grow strong networks and genuine relationships.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Why Door Knocking
- How to start
- Who to target
- What is effective - examples
- How to get over your fear
Aug 14 2018
Rank #10: 191 - Getting Your Listings Sold with Paul Wheeler
Paul Wheeler has been in the business for 26 years, and in 2017, he and his team of 18 sold 182 units in the Tulsa, Oklahoma area. His company Servant Heart Selling provides sales training to real estate professionals, with his team operating under the banner of Accent Realtors.
In today's episode, we discuss the 3 requirements for selling a listing, improving buyer/seller cooperation through education and giving them options.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Educate, communicate and manage expectations
- Effective pricing
- Listening to the market
Oct 23 2018
Rank #11: 209 - Instagram - A Case Study with Danielle Garofalo
Danielle Garofalo is CORE’s Chief Business Development Officer where she is responsible for working on long term growth for CORE as well as leading individual agent business strategy, marrying marketing and sales to create comprehensive, quantifiable plans for each CORE agent’s business. Prior to joining CORE, Danielle served as Chief Strategy Officer at Stribling & Associates. She shifted her focus to technology in luxury real estate after marketing for giants like Disney and IBM. Danielle is an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys adventure sports in her spare time. She currently resides on the Upper East Side.
In today's episode, we explore Instagram; how it's used to reach and engage potential clients, and why so many agents are utilizing it as a major component of their marketing strategy.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Overall Strategy
- What is a good post?
- How often to post
- How to manage posts
- Why use stories?
Feb 26 2019
Rank #12: 210 - 5 Successful Strategies with Thomas Mello
Tommy Mello is the owner of A1 Garage Door Service, the host of the Home Service Expert podcast, the author of the Amazon bestselling book Home Service Millionaire, and co-founder of Leadgeeks, a tool to help real estate investors to find motivated home sellers, that is currently providing 200 to 300 high-quality leads a day. In 2010, Tommy became the sole owner and operator of a single Phoenix-based garage door service business, which came with $50,000 in debt. Today, A1Garage generates north of $30 million dollars in annual revenue, with over 250 employees in 12 states. Tommy is also a regular contributor to Inc. Entrepreneur and other business publications on the topic of entrepreneurship and small business.
In today's episode, we'll cover 5 strategies you can implement in your business to generate leads, and increase conversions and revenue.In this episode, you'll learn..
- What kind of motivated sellers you should look for
- How to work on the business instead of in the business
- How to apply the 80/20 rule to Real Estate
- Why marketing is not a cost but actually an investment
- How to turn leads into buyers
- twitter @realtommymello
Mar 05 2019
Rank #13: 202 - Attracting Business with Jere Metcalf
Jere Metcalf is a leading Atlanta real estate broker who offers unparalleled access, creative marketing concepts and broad market knowledge to her luxury residential client-base. Jere is consistently a top real estate both in reputation and sales volume. Amongst her various awards received, Jere has been named “Best Real Estate Agent” in Atlanta.
Known for her highly active presence in Atlanta’s luxury property market, Jere sells architecturally and historically significant mansions including renowned historic Brookhaven homes and stately Buckhead properties. Jere considers it essential as a luxury agent, to dedicate her time to selling properties in a variety of price ranges, with many listings selling in the most active Atlanta market price points between $500,000 and $10,000,000.
In today's episode, we're talking about attracting new clients, including how to put yourself out there, and getting involved with particular social groups relevant to your price-point.
In this episode, you'll learn..
- How do I get known?
- What is the consumer I want to work with?
- Leveraging time with valuable clients/friends
- Watch out for entitlement - Pursue constant growth
Links and resources mentioned in this episode.
To subscribe and rate & review visit one of the platforms below:
Follow Real Estate Success Rocks on:
Jan 08 2019
Rank #14: 184 - How Owners Choose An Agent with Beatty Carmichael
Beatty Carmichael is a Consumer Marketer, who for the last 20 years has been targeting homeowners for all kinds of consumer services; everything from telecom, weight-loss, health and fitness, joint pain relief, travel and more. In 2012 he began focusing exclusively on the residential real estate market, and since then he's worked with many of the top producers across the country in 2 primary areas: geographic farming and past clients/sphere of influence. His expertise is helping agents nationwide get more listings through better marketing.
In today's episode, we discuss what motivates a homeowner to choose one agent over another, and how it’s easy to start winning more listings by better understanding great marketing.In this episode, you'll learn..
- How homeowners choose an agent … Trust vs Top of Mind
- "Why to choose you" postcards
- Top of mind touches
- Identify sellers before they come on the market
- Personal touches throughout the year
Sep 04 2018
Rank #15: 207 - Social Media Strategies with Lael Sturm
Lael runs LPSS (Long Play Digital Solutions), a digital marketing agency, working with real estate agents, mortgage brokers, attorneys and others to grow their business through social media, search, email marketing, and online advertising. They provide strategic advice and real-world tactics for growing your business, building teams, getting products to market and identifying opportunities.
In today's episode, we explore how to use social media to market properties and draw attention to your business.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Social Media is absolutely essential for real estate professionals
- People look at your profiles before ever speaking to you.
- Social proof is critical in the decision-making process- friends 'liking' you makes all the difference and increases conversions.
- Social increases your 'audience' of potential clients
- What you post to social differentiates you from the competition
- Allows you to demonstrate expertise beyond the inventory you represent
- Frequent posts keep you top of mind with clients, prospective clients and referral partners
- Facebook offers a great alternative to setting up a stand-alone website for every property
- A website is another 'property' that you need to market. Why double your effort driving people to a website when what you really want is to drive them your property?
- Facebook pages offer all the same functionality- add images, videos, and descriptions- plus there is a built-in audience.
Feb 12 2019
Rank #16: 217 - Agent Branding with Danielle Garofalo
Danielle Garofalo is CORE’s Chief Business Development Officer where she is responsible for working on long term growth for CORE as well as leading individual agent business strategy, marrying marketing and sales to create comprehensive, quantifiable plans for each CORE agent’s business. Prior to joining CORE, Danielle served as Chief Strategy Officer at Stribling & Associates. She shifted her focus to technology in luxury real estate after marketing for giants like Disney and IBM. Danielle is an outdoor enthusiast who enjoys adventure sports in her spare time. She currently resides on the Upper East Side
In today's episode, we discuss personal and business branding; creating an honest and attractive image that makes people want to work with you.In this episode, you'll learn..
- What is branding
- How to brand
- Building your brand online
Apr 23 2019
Rank #17: 173 - Digital Door Knocking with Dan Smith
Dan Smith is the author of three books, including the #1 Best Seller "Failing Greatly, Your Guide to Achieving Success after Failure", which reveals the experiences while on his odyssey from failure to success and balance. Complete with intimate details of some of his worst days, including bankruptcy and near homelessness, Dan shares how he bounced back and found success and balance in both life and business and how others can do the same.
Dan was a top producing real estate agent in the resort market of Big Bear Lake, California. In his last five years as a Realtor, before selling his business, he averaged over 200 sales per year. In his final year of selling real estate full-time he closed 321 transactions and was listed in The Wall Street Journal as the #9 agent in the United States./strong>
In today's episode, we'll cover the digital alternatives to traditional door to door marketing, and the many time and cost advantages they can bring to your business. /strong>In this episode, you'll learn..
- What is Digital Door Knocking
- There is a technology tsunami coming
- What are the available methods today rather than pounding the pavement
- How much is too much
- Content - Differentiation, and Value
Jun 19 2018
Rank #18: 178 - Stop Competing, Start Creating with Roberta Ross
Roberta is the President of Six Figure Real Estate Coach. She's a Dynamic Speaker, Author & Business Coach, helping others to "Make more money, experience more joy, and succeed with ease."
In today's episode, we discuss how and why Roberta re-framed her branding, as she began to look beyond monetary ambitions to deeper measures of success.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Why I changed my tagline to “Make more money, experience more joy, succeed with ease.”
- “no pain no gain” is a lie.
- A simple yet powerful question everyone must ask themselves in order to achieve the trilogy of success.
Jul 24 2018
Rank #19: 193 - Getting Business Through Instagram with Steve Snider
Steve Snider has been in the business for 20 years, and in 2017, he and his team of 6 made 35 transactions for a total of $35 million. Steve and his wife Lisa serve the NYC market through Core Real Estate, which is also the home of Patrick Lilly's team.
In today's episode, we talk to Steve about how their unique Instagram marketing strategy has skyrocketed profits and turned their Great Dane into a celebrity.In this episode, you'll learn..
- Why Instagram?
- Getting started
- Telling a story
- Turning it into business
Nov 06 2018
Rank #20: 174 - Who & When to Fire with Christopher Watters
Chris Watters has been in the business for 10 years and has served the Austin, Killeen, San Antonio & Amarillo, Texas areas for 8 years, as the owner of Watters International Realty. In 2017, he and his team, totaling 91, sold 688 units, 516 of which were in Austin.
In today's episode, we'll discuss creating a hiring process that promotes a good personal fit for your business, and what to do when things don't work out so well, and you need to let people go.In this episode, you'll learn..
- The right "who" to look for when hiring
- Cutting employees & agents fast and quick, rather than having them drain resources
- Making sure hires are a good culture fit & have the same core values as the company
- The Team model that we use
Jun 26 2018