Rank #1: 049: Permission for Imperfect Action with Jenny Blake, Author of Pivot
Ever feel like you have your whole life and career figured out, only to reach a plateau and wonder, "Is this all there is?" As counter-intuitive as it may sound, this feeling may be a sign of success, a sign that you are ready for your next pivot.
Say what?! Yes mama yes.
But how do you move from discouraged to daring? Tune into this week's interview with motivational speaker, teacher, and author Jenny Blake to find out.
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode049/
Apr 18 2017
Rank #2: 003: Showing Up, Starting and Supporting Others with Lindsay Jean Thomson of Women Catalysts
Today we are sitting down with a special guest who is near and dear to my heart. Lindsay Jean Thomson is a life coach and one-half of Women Catalysts, an organization dedicated to igniting women into action.
I met Lindsay at a time I was desperately seeking other women entrepreneurs and big dreamers to connect with. For over two years prior to meeting Lindsay, I had been heads down thinking that I could "do everything on my own."
Eventually the weight of trying to do it all on my own caught up with me and I realized I needed to find a local community of women to support me. So I started attending every networking event I could find on Meetup and Eventbrite in an attempt to find "my people." After dozens and dozens of awkward conversations filled primarily with silent uneasiness I almost gave up.
Until I found Women Catalyst.
Within seconds of walking into my first event, I could feel how this was no ordinary community. Instead of the uncomfortable small talk, I instantly found myself surrounded by bold, vibrant, curious women who I couldn't stop chatting away with... of course the delicious glass of wine was a nice bonus to help us all feel more relaxed ;)
Since that first event I haven't been able to stop talking about and going to these events, and for that reason I am so grateful to Lindsay for taking the leap and starting this community.In this episode, she'll be sharing:
- How she went from being a lost 20-something working in PR to a yoga teacher and eventually found herself buying a one way ticket to San Francisco from D.C. where she continued work as a yoga teacher, became a life coach and then founded Women Catalysts with her friend Kim Hunter.
- How the idea of Women Catalyst came about, and why it was important for her and Kim to not only give a platform to women leaders, but also help develop the next generation of women leaders.
- Lessons around beginning a networking event series and her advice to others who are inspired to do the same.
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode003
Jan 18 2016
Rank #3: 038: Attracting the Life You Want to Live with Rachel Rossitto of Rose Holistic
It's sometimes in the darkest of time, that we truly learn to see the light.
For this week's guest, Rachel Rossitto of Rose Holistic, it took hitting rock bottom and a trip to the ER for her to start exploring what her greater purpose and big WHY.
How did she transform her life from a party girl to a self-loving women's coach, certified holistic health coach, yoga instructor and birth doula?
Tune into this week's episode to find out...
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode038
Sep 28 2016
Rank #4: 029: Becoming the Boss of Your Life with Emilie Aries of Bossed Up
After finding herself burnt out, broken up with, and laid off all at the same time, this week's guest Emilie Aries knew she needed to make a change.
She was tired of putting her job above everything else, only to have it all fall apart, and began asking herself the big questions like, "who do I want to be," instead of "who should I be?"
Through reflection and a lot of deep inner work, Emilie realized how much she had been trying to live up to others expectations, rather than tuning into what she wanted to do.
Inspired by her journey and the countless other women she's met who struggle with the same challenges she once faced, Emilie founded Bossed Up, the resource she wish she had - an organization to help women create happy, healthy, and sustainable career paths.
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode029/
Jul 26 2016
Rank #5: 007: It's Never Too Late for a New Dream with Emily Chase Smith of Chase Smith Press
Who says just because you get a law degree you need to be chained to a life of pantsuits and working 9-9 for the rest of your life?
Today's guest Emily Chase Smith of Smith Chase Press realized pretty quickly in her 20s that her and law were a terrible fit. As fate would have it, she was forced to explore what she wanted to do when she and her then husband moved to Prague and she was suddenly unable to practice the career she had spent so many years working towards.
Tune in to this week's episode to hear how this powerhouse of a woman made - not just one, but many leaps from law, to consulting work, to speaker and now author and coach and her words of wisdom on how you can do the same!In this episode, she'll be sharing:
- How after realizing she didn’t want to continue a career in law, she found the permission to start dreaming of a new career during her time living in Prague as she began listening to various podcasts and reading books like Dan Miller’s 48 Days to the Work You Love.
- Worked as a bankruptcy attorney after she moved back and that morphed into consultant for small businesses about their finances. Seeing the same pattern and that’s when she started speaking and wrote her book, The Financially Savvy Entrepreneur
- How, even though she enjoyed the freedom of being a consultant and speaker, she was challenged to relook at her life when her friend asked the big question, “Is this really what you want to be doing with your life,” leading her back to one of her oldest passions of writing, and how she was able to turn that passion into her next career.
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode007
Feb 15 2016
Rank #6: 008: Believing in Yourself and Never Giving Up with Leah McKendrick of Villainess Productions
Imagine working your whole life to become a singer, finally landing a record deal, moving across country to start recording your music... only to have it all be taken from underneath you.
Today we sit down with an incredibly inspiring guest Leah McKendrick of Villianess Productions who shares with us her story of recreating herself as a writer, producer and actress after the folding of her record label and her words of wisdom on the importance of believing in yourself and never giving up.In this episode, she'll be sharing:
- 2:15 - Her story of how she went from an aspiring singer to award winning writer, producer, and actress.
- 5:35 - Dealing with depression following the folding of her record company, and how she refocused her energy into producing live singing performances as a next step instead of giving up
- 9:35 - The mindset shifts she’s had to learn and make that has helped her to make it in the Entertainment industry
- 15:36 - Realizing how she needed to create a life outside of her work in order to not burn herself out
- 17:00 - The gifts she's seen from her experience and how it propels her forward
- 18:40 - What she's working on next, and advice to anyone else looking to go for their dreams.
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode008
Feb 22 2016
Rank #7: 016: Living Life to the Fullest and Trusting The Universe with Krista Williams of The Hundred Blog
Put your intentions out there and see what happens mama. This week we are sitting down with Miss Krista Williams of The Hundred Blog, a lifestyle blog about living life 100%.Tune in this week as Krista shares...
- The humble beginnings of her blog and how she grew it from 500 views a month to over 20,000 in the past year.
- The inspiration for The Hundred Blog, how she hopes to help others, and what her plans for the future are.
- What pulled her to quit her job, the biggest obstacles she’s faced in the first few months of blogging full time, and the side business that helps to support her financially.
- What scares her about the journey so far and what she does to move through her fear.
- Advice to others looking to make a change in their life and career, and final words of encouragement.
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode016/
Apr 19 2016
Rank #8: Reprogramming Your Mind For Success
The thoughts that we have on a daily basis affect how we feel about ourselves and the actions we then take. What happens though when these thoughts are based in fear though? Naturally, they will cause us to doubt ourselves and keep us small and safe.
A habit I've been building to help me counter these negative thoughts is using audio affirmations to reprogram my mind. By recording what I want to believe and playing it over and over, I've noticed a huge difference in the thoughts that I have on a daily basis.
In this week's episode, I wanted to share with you a mini audio program that you can use to reprogram your mind and thoughts for success as well. I hope you enjoy!
For full show notes + links to resources visit: http://www.kathlynhart.com/episode059
✨ Share the Love ✨
✨ Leave a Review ✨
Loving the show and want to help spread the word? Make my day and leave a review in iTunes! This will help us rank higher so that more badass individuals like yourself can hear these conversations.
… and lastly, have an amazing day :)
Apr 24 2019
Rank #9: 048: Fail Miserably or Not at All with Robyn Sue Fisher of Smitten Ice Cream
We all know the dread of showing up for a job we hate. Pulling into a dimly lit parking lot, wishing we could turn around, and sitting in our cars a fewww extra minutes to avoid walking into that golden prison.
For this week’s guest, Robyn Sue Fisher of Smitten Ice Cream, the idea of being stuck and settled was something she could no longer live with. Instead she made vow to herself to make this whole “adulting” thing fun.
But how did she go from one small vow to inventing the first single-serve ice cream machine that runs on liquid nitrogen and expanding from a one-woman wagon cart to a 10 stores across California? Tune into this week’s interview to find out!
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode048
Apr 11 2017
Rank #10: 009: Listening to Your Intuition with Caroline Winegeart of Made Vibrant
If you find yourself crying everyday after work you know something might be wrong... For Caroline Winegeart this wake up call was the beginning of a journey of learning to really listen to her intuition and find the courage to act on it and become her whole authentic self.In this episode, she'll be sharing:
- 3:25 - How she found her entrepreneurial spirit and the creation of her design studio and blog Made Vibrant.
- 7:38 - Early days in marketing, learning to listen to her intuition, and dealing with the fears of quitting her job (especially around disappointing others)
- 17:35 - A huge life decision she had to make which helped to built her courage muscle
- 21:00 - Differentiating between your intuition talking vs. knowing if you need to just keep persisting, and the mental tapes that play in her head and how she deals with them
- 25:30 - Final words on her recent TEDx Talk and now how her journey has lead her to helping business owners find and share their authentic voice online through their branding
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode009
Feb 29 2016
Rank #11: 019: Be Yourself and Don't Let Anyone Stop You with Cary Williams of Too Pretty Brand
Raise your hand if you've ever been told you can't do something because you're a girl?
*hands raise over here - hello*
Well, this week's guest was sent that message year after year as a boxer, being told she was "too pretty" for the sport (surprise, surprise for them after she would take her first swing).
Now, years into the sport and owner of The Stables boxing studio in Santa Monica, Cary Williams is on a mission to counter that message, and spread the good gospel that you are never "too pretty" to do anything you want.Tune in this week as Cary shares...
- How the Too Pretty Brand came about years of facing people telling her she was "too pretty" to be a boxer, and after noticing young girls she was coaching trying to dress less like a girl in order to be taken seriously.
- The evolution of the Brand over the past five years from an idea to a clothing brand to a movement
- The doubts she had in the beginning of her business, and how she stays true to her vision for the brand regardless of what others say
- Why she started a Kickstarter campaign, and how you can support the Movement
- How she supports herself financially and how she balances her time between the Too Pretty Brand and her boxing studio
- Advice to aspiring business owners
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode019/
May 10 2016
Rank #12: 017: Starting with a Vision and Finding Your Confidence with Idea Implementation Coach Kathy Rasmussen
We all have ideas. Making them happen though, that's another story. Today we sit down with Idea Implementation Coach Kathy Rasmussen.Tune in this week as Kathy shares...
- How Kathy took her 10+ years in event planning, and shifted to helping creatives and visionaries implement their big ideas
- What happened in her "dream career," and how it pushed her to reassess her vision for her life and figure out what she wanted do next
- How she tested her different business ideas and the clues she look for when assessing if an idea will fly
- Her process for helping others with their ideas and the patterns she’s noticed in implementing ideas
- Personal challenges she had to overcome in becoming a business owner
- Her "Idea Revolution" and vision for her business, + her final pieces of advice for anyone looking to take the leap
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode017/
Apr 26 2016
Rank #13: 027: Stepping Outside of Your Comfort Zone and Pitching Your Business with Veronica Eklund of Orate
What’s it take to build an online platform connecting thousands of speakers with event organizers in a matter of months? This week’s guest, Veronica Eklund, shares with us the incredible journey of her company Orate from a mere idea to a investment backed tech startup.
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode027/
Jul 05 2016
Rank #14: 012: Challenging Yourself to Earn Your Worth with Stefanie O'Connell of The Broke and Beautiful Life
Quick question, if you were a writer, which sounds better to you... writing 67 articles for $30 a pop, or 1 article for $13,000? I'm guessing I know your answer :) If you're like me, the thought of getting over $10,000 for one article is MIND-BLOWING. For this week's bold and daring guest however, this has become her reality.Tune in as Stefanie shares...
- How The Broke and Beautiful Life got it’s start, and how learning about money has been a game changer in her life
- The determination that was created to turn her blog into a business because she was sick and tired of babysitting and checking coats in order to make her rent.
- How she found the courage to increase her rates from $30 a post to over $10,000!
- The voices that she battled with in the beginning as a financial expert, and how she moved through them.
- Her advice and encouragement to others to make sure their whatever they are doing on a daily basis is in alignment with their bigger picture of what they want in their life
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode012/
Mar 21 2016
Rank #15: 044: The Only Way to Know is To Ask with Jamie Lee of She Negotiates
What's more badass than a woman that knows what she wants? A woman that asks for it.
This week I'm excited to kick off the new year with She Negotiates consultant Jamie Lee. Jamie is a pragmatic negotiation geek dedicated to helping women catapult their careers to the next level with a gutsy ask through consulting and speaking.
I first came across Jamie during a She Negotiates webinar. After connecting on our love of empowering women to be bold, brave, and get better paid, Jamie made the "ask" and proposed being a guest on the show. Her courage and enthusiasm made me confident this was one woman I had to talk more with, and boy am I glad I did.
In this week's episode, Jamie shares with us not only her personal journey and various career leaps but also tips for how you can confidently stand in your power and make the ask for a better salary in the new year!
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode044
Jan 04 2017
Rank #16: 026: Building Your Network and Creating Community Gabby Pavelko Sweat Republic
This week we sit down with Gabby Pavelko of Sweat Republic, an SF-based group Fitness studio that’s all about making fitness fun and community.
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode026/
Jun 28 2016
Rank #17: 030: Overcoming Challenges and Choosing Your Attitude with Eve Peters of Whim
"When you at first don’t succeed, get back up and try again." This week we sit down with Eve Peters, founder of dating app Whim (the app that gets you from phone to date in just few taps), to hear all about her journey of starting two businesses within the dating realm, challenges and lessons learned along the way, and tips and nuggets of wisdom on how you can take the leap and start a business of your own as well.
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode030
Aug 02 2016
Rank #18: 011: Putting in the Time to Learn Your Craft with Brittney Castro of Financially Wise Women
Today I am so so excited to sit down with one of the first women who helped me to get in control of my finances years ago, Miss Brittney Castro!
Brittney is a Certified Financial Planner and the owner of Financially Wise Women based in Los Angeles, California. Through 1-on-1 coaching, her online Money Class program, workshops and YouTube videos she is helping women entrepreneurs and professionals understand, save, invest, and protect their money.
In this episode, Brittney shares:
- 0:30 - About her company, Financially Wise Women, and the path that lead her to become a financial advisor.
- 4:00 - Life as a financial advisor working for Ameriprise, and what made her want to leave after 5 years.
- 9:00 - Rebuilding her business as an independent firm and the nerves and waves of emotions that came with doing something new
- 12:00 - What she did to prepare for her leap and advise to others who are trying to figure out what to do
- 16:50 - Reflections on her journey, including the highs and the lows
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode011/
Mar 14 2016
Rank #19: 023: Following Your Curiosity with Stephanie Halligan Art to Self
Today get ready for a big ole dose of self-love, as we sit down with Stephanie Halligan, the motivational cartoonist behind Art to Self.
After years of climbing the traditional career route, she found herself suddenly say, "Noooo, this is not where I'm supposed to be, something isn't right."
Unsure of what "right" was she followed her curiosity and started The Empowered Dollar, a blog where she shared her story of paying off student loans and gave advice to others on how to do the same.
While it was a step forward, something still wasn't quite right.Tune in as Stephanie shares...
- What she was like as a child, how she lost her desire to create, and her job in the real world after graduating from college.
- The shift that took place once she found herself in the "dream job," and how she started her first blog, The Empowered Dollar on the side as a creative outlet.
- The evolution of The Empowered Dollar, and how it became a safe place for her to share her creativity as well as build her confidence around sharing a message with the world (and also surprisingly lead to a side hustle which turned into her own consulting practice).
- Her words of wisdom on following your curiosity which lead to the creation of her new blog, Art to Self, as well as her recent book, "Happy to Be Me, A Tree: A tall tale of growth and self-love."
- Recommendations on building a growing and audience, as well as parting words on how to keep going when you feel stuck and in a rut.
For full show notes + links to resources visit: www.thebigleapshow.com/episode023/
Jun 08 2016
Rank #20: 041: Trusting Your Gut and Bursting Through Open Doors with Dyan Dolfi-Offutt of Soda Pop PR
What happens when our first dream doesn't work out? We find our second dream of course ;)
At least that's the wisdom from this week's guest Dyan Dolfi-Offut. After the sudden passing of her mother, Dyan realized at 27 that the dream she once had to make it in Hollywood was no longer the dream she wanted to chase.
Instead, she found her heart calling for PR, the field she had studied all through college.
But how was she able to not only land a job after 5 years of no experience in the field but rise to the top and then go on to start her own company Soda Pop PR a few short years later? Tune into this week's episode of The Big Leap Show to find out...
For full show notes + links to resources visit www.thebigleapshow.com/episode041
Oct 20 2016