Rank #1: LL 032: What to do when you’re uninspired, unmotivated, in a rut
Lately I’ve been creatively uninspired, so today I thought I’d share some tips on what you can do when you’re feeling uninspired, unmotivated or in a rut. It happens to the best of us, and that’s okay. Listen for some key lessons & strategies on how to bounce back, and see below for notes. Tips…
The post LL 032: What to do when you’re uninspired, unmotivated, in a rut appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #2: LL 117: Productivity, Saying No & How to Get Sh*t Done w/ Erin Falconer
“It’s your responsibility to teach people how to treat you.” When you learn to say no more often, you teach others that you have boundaries. And the best part? They’ll usually respect you for it. Erin Falconer is a digital entrepreneur and author of How to Get Sh*t Done, a book on self improvement and female empowerment.
Aileen and Erin talk about the uncertainty of following your intuition, the high expectations of modern women, and the power and insights from doing a one week time-tracking challenge.
In this episode we explore:
- 0:34 – How PickTheBrain was born: From soon-to-be law student in Canada to broke and on an expiring visa in LA
- 6:10 – What to do when it feels like the inner voice to follow your creativity fails you
- 9:33 – How to Get Shit Done + Why more women aren’t writing about productivity
- 12:56 – The POP Effect: How we can do less and still be more productive in the areas of life that matter
- 18:31 – How to say no without feeling guilty + Being selective about the people in your life
- 23:47 – Listener Q#1: How do you handle imposter syndrome, especially as a female entrepreneur?
- 25:29 – Listener Q#2: How do you deal with not progressing on your goals fast enough?
- 30:26 – Erin’s dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Pick the Brain | https://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/
- Erin Falconer | https://www.instagram.com/erinfalconer/
- Pick the Brain Podcast | http://ptbpodcast.com
- The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell | https://amzn.to/2LSv3iw
- How to Get Shit Done | https://amzn.to/2HDZxzf
- Native | nativedeodorant.com (Promo code: LAVENDAIRE)
- The answers are there, it’s one’s responsibility to find the calmness in their mind and the belief in themselves to start listening.
- It’s your responsibility to teach people how to treat you.
- Failures are only failures if you don’t learn something from them. Failures become setbacks when you’re learning something.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
The post LL 117: Productivity, Saying No & How to Get Sh*t Done w/ Erin Falconer appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #3: LL 025: The Success Mindset in 8 Parts
The Lavendaire Lifestyle is back for Season 2! Today I’m sharing 8 components of the success mindset. This episode’s for anyone who’s been stuck or held back by self doubt, fear, or limiting beliefs. It’s not about how talented or smart you are, and not just about how hard you work. It’s about how long…
Rank #4: LL 005: Minimalism Can Change Your Life
There are 300,000 items in the average American home. Think about everything that you own. How much of that stuff is just dead weight, taking up space in your home and cluttering your physical as well as mental space? Today’s episode of The Lavendaire Lifestyle highlights minimalism and its life-changing benefits. Listen as Aileen shares her personal story…
Rank #5: LL 084: How to Align with Your Soul & Your Light ft. Rebecca Campbell
Soul, spirit, light. Regardless of what you call it, we all have an inner voice that’s always calling us. Rebecca Campbell author Light Is the New Black, teaches us how to tune into that inner voice and let it help us navigate our lives. Rebecca also shares insight on learning to embrace the seasons of…
The post LL 084: How to Align with Your Soul & Your Light ft. Rebecca Campbell appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #6: LL 003: You Don’t Have to Have It All Figured Out. Keep Exploring, Don’t Settle.
In today’s episode of The Lavendaire Lifestyle, Aileen talks about feeling lost and frustrated at not knowing what to do with her life after graduation. Determined to discover her true calling, Aileen decides to follow her curiosities and explore everything that she’s drawn to. This episode is a reminder that you don’t have to have…
The post LL 003: You Don’t Have to Have It All Figured Out. Keep Exploring, Don’t Settle. appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #7: LL 033: Hygge + The Cozy Life w/ Bestselling Author Pia Edberg
With fifteen years of personal development courses under her belt, today’s guest, Pia Edberg, is a self-proclaimed “personal development junkie.” As a self-published best-selling author and coach, she aspires to teach others about hygge and happy living. This episode is perfect for everyone as we grow to design our most authentic life. In this episode…
The post LL 033: Hygge + The Cozy Life w/ Bestselling Author Pia Edberg appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #8: LL 103: Self Love + Believing “I Am Enough” w/ Marisa Peer
How would your life change if you started believing “I am enough”? Today’s guest, Marisa Peer, is a celebrity therapist and hypnotherapy trainer who wants you to stop believing in the stories you’ve been told, the stories that make you seek validation and make you say “Sorry” for everything. Aileen and Marisa explore life experiences…
The post LL 103: Self Love + Believing “I Am Enough” w/ Marisa Peer appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #9: LL 024: Simplifying & Prioritizing (Season 1 Finale)
It’s time for the podcast to come to an end… OK, a temporary end. 🙂 This final episode for Season 1 of The Lavendaire Lifestyle touches on prioritizing and making space for what’s most important to you. I share tips on selective effort and productivity by Seth Godin and my personal method to getting things…
The post LL 024: Simplifying & Prioritizing (Season 1 Finale) appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #10: LL 043: Design Your Everyday Life w/ Katie Lee
Take control of your time by designing the life you actually want to live. Today’s guest, Katie Lee, is a daily life designer and author of The Effortless Everyday. In this episode, Katie and Aileen talk about ways to make small tweaks in your day to create big changes in your life. In this episode…
Rank #11: LL 048: Stop Being a People-Pleaser w/ Confidence Coach Amy E. Smith
Cut out from your life the people who don’t want the most empowered version of yourself. Today’s guest, Amy E. Smith, is a confidence coach who wants you to stop being a people-pleaser and start living for yourself. In this episode, Aileen and Amy explore confident communication, authentic living, and how to be responsible for…
The post LL 048: Stop Being a People-Pleaser w/ Confidence Coach Amy E. Smith appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #12: LL 087: Craft a Life You Love w/ Amy Tan
Want to make a living by creating? Just know that your path won’t be straight and isn’t going to look like anybody else’s. Amy Tan, creator and author of Craft a Life You Love, will inspire you to do just that: craft a life you love, a life full of creative energy and flow, even…
Rank #13: LL 065: How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t w/ Andrea Owen
Give yourself a break to be human and fall apart. We promise you will always come back out of the darkness and stop feeling like sh*t. Today’s guest, Andrea Owen, is a life coach who wants you to be a new kind of strong by feeling your feelings – all of them – instead of…
The post LL 065: How to Stop Feeling Like Sh*t w/ Andrea Owen appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #14: LL 041: How Confidence is Built
Learn how confidence is built by making small wins in life. In this episode, Aileen reflects on her childhood stories and how those experiences have shaped her confidence over the years. P.S. This was recorded as a video as well—stay tuned for the video on my YouTube (with visuals of what I’m sharing about!). Links:…
Rank #15: LL 023: Habits, Productivity & Business with Maneesh Sethi
Maneesh Sethi is the CEO and founder of Pavlok, the behavior training wristband that changes habits with vibration, beep, and electric biofeedback. Today we chat about his journey travelling, lifehacking, blogging to boosting productivity in unconventional ways. Maneesh also shares about his experience on the show Shark Tank and living with Tim Ferris, author of The 4-Hour Workweek.…
The post LL 023: Habits, Productivity & Business with Maneesh Sethi appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #16: LL 110: Perfectionism, Procrastination & Changing Your Self Image w/ Sam Laura Brown
You might be a perfectionist and not even know it. We tend to think of perfectionists as people who are obsessed with being organized and who never finish projects because it’s impossible to get them just right. But perfectionists are also: people-pleasers, procrastinators, and people who fill their time with busywork. Today’s guest, Sam Laura…
The post LL 110: Perfectionism, Procrastination & Changing Your Self Image w/ Sam Laura Brown appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #17: LL 075: Finding Your Light w/ Lynette Cenée
Imagine a loving, non-judgmental voice that speaks to you with tender words, telling you that you were created for a magnificent reason. That is your light source. Today’s guest, Lynette Cenée, is a beauty expert, YouTube personality, and believer in magic, love, and light. Through her work, she spreads the message that beauty is two-dimensional…
Rank #18: LL 060: Living a Full Life with Less w/ Courtney Carver
Find simplicity at the core of your most meaningful life changes. Today’s guest, Courtney Carver, is the founder of bemorewithless.com and the Project 333 fashion challenge. Her new book, Soulful Simplicity, shares the power of simplicity in all areas of our lives. In this episode, Courtney and Aileen explore minimalist fashion, honoring what your heart…
The post LL 060: Living a Full Life with Less w/ Courtney Carver appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #19: LL 083: Shifting From Anxiety to Love w/ Corinne Zupko
The love and peace you’re searching for is already inside you, waiting to be revealed. Today’s guest, Corinne Zupko, had a lifelong journey with anxiety before revealing her own love through A Course in Miracles. Her book From Anxiety to Love shares the process she used to heal from her anxiety and start loving through…
The post LL 083: Shifting From Anxiety to Love w/ Corinne Zupko appeared first on Lavendaire.
Rank #20: LL 115: How to Learn Faster, Improve Your Memory & Be More Productive w/ Jonathan Levi
“If you can learn, then you can do anything. And if you can do anything, you can be anything.” Today’s guest is the expert on learning faster, remembering more, and being more productive. Jonathan Levi is the founder of SuperHuman Enterprises. His podcast, books, and courses teach people how to become “SuperHuman”: teaching them how to learn so that they can do anything and be their best self.
Aileen and Jonathan talk about Jonathan’s journey from problem student to lifehacking expert, the dark risks in pursuing entrepreneurship, and how society is setting us up for failure when we try to be productive.
In this episode we explore:
- 1:18 – Jonathan’s journey: How to become an expert in learning, memory, and productivity
- 7:08 – On stress, freedom, & hustle: Wisdom (and a warning) for aspiring entrepreneurs
- 11:27 – How to learn faster: Making a plan, staying accountable, and planning for inevitable failure
- 18:00 – Reading faster + Remembering more: How the education system stifles our natural learning
- 30:30 – Top productivity tips for minimizing distractions, staying in flow, and prioritizing tasks
- 37:46 – How to fight laziness + How to prevent laziness and procrastination in the future
- 46:18 – Jonathan’s dream life, book recommendation, life-changing habit, best received advice & favorite part about life
- Willpower Doesn’t Work by Benjamin Hardy
- A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- 2019 Artist of Life Workbook + Daily Planner | shop.lavendaire.com
- Learning is the only skill that matters. If you can learn, then you can do anything. And if you can do anything, you can be anything.
- You’ll never not have problems. You’ll just have better problems.
- Before you cut down a tree, sharpen the axe. Don’t try to take down the whole forest at once.
- Money is no good in my life unless it’s used to improve my quality of life or the quality of life of those around me.
Please leave us a review on iTunes. It helps more than you know <3
The post LL 115: How to Learn Faster, Improve Your Memory & Be More Productive w/ Jonathan Levi appeared first on Lavendaire.