Rank #1: A Joint Venture Strategy That Gets People’s Attention - Bob Serling
Bob Serling is the founder of Profit Alchemy. He helps business owners and entrepreneurs increase their profits with no cost and no risk. While he loves to help his marketing clients get far better results by marketing less, his real passion is product development.
Bob has been fortunate to have developed a skateboard toy featuring Tony Hawk and 6 other skatebaord brands, the most highly used testing and assessment software in the online training industry, insurance products, household goods, licensed marketing campaigns and more.
Today, we have Bob Serling on the show to discuss his stories and philosophies on business. Bob will tell us his strategies to get more Joint Ventures - getting paid to build relationship and to promote your products.
Nov 29 2017
Rank #2: Transitioning To What's Next
This is the last Authority Insider Podcast! However, my podcasting career is not done. We've got a ton of great interviews and training on the way. Listen in for all the details.
Jan 26 2017
Rank #3: How To Write Copy That Attracts Your Ideal Customer - Connor Gallagher
Connor Gallagher is my go-to copywriter. He writes the sales copy for all of my information products as well as for a lot of the clients in our agency business. I brought him to discuss how he writes copy that so accurately connects with my ideal customer and he completely breaks it down...
We got so deep into it that we decided to do a live followup in the coming weeks. Make sure you check out ConnorGallagher.me for more details about that!
Here's what you'll find in today's actionable episode:
- The killer list direct-marketers that Connor learned from
- The quirky story of Connor’s first sales letter
- Why you shouldn’t use high-brow names to describe your products
- Some counterintuitive advice about following other success cases
- Connor’s definition of “copywriting”
- What it means to have a buyer’s persona
- Why even the best sales letter can fall flat, if you don’t have this thing going for you
- How to reverse-engineer your copy to the hopes and dreams of your audience
- The best places to find your audience talking about their problems
- How to personalize your copy and make it believable
- What not to do when describing the problem
- Why most people completely overlook this page on their website
- An amazing method to develop and list and learn about your customers at the same time
Aug 10 2016
Rank #4: How To Become A Blogging Rockstar - Pat Flynn (Flashback)
A few years back, I had Pat Flynn hanging out with me for one of my early podcasts. This episode is actually no longer available anywhere else so I thought it would be cool to get this episode up and online for you to enjoy in Authority Insider!
Jul 28 2016
Rank #5: Ditch The Agency And Build A Funnel - Scott Oldford
For this episode of Authority Insider I spoke to business guru Scott Oldford. Scott’s one of the most remarkable people who’s been on the show so far. His career as an entrepreneur started when he was just seven years old and set up a business selling eggs from home.
Scott didn’t stick with eggs; by the age of 16 he was running an online programming and marketing business, and had picked up a lot of recognition including an American Express Innovator Award.
Of course innovation is always challenging, and Scott’s run into a few challenges along the way. At one point he was nearly $750,000 in debt. In fact that was just over three years ago – but in 14 months he had built a new company that was already bringing in close to $1 million in revenue.
Now Scott is showing entrepreneurs how to build effective online marketing funnels using the methods he developed for his own businesses. He’s already helped more than 5,000 businesses to grow, and he plans to help a lot more.
Scott is a huge believer in the power of simplicity; he eats the same things every day, and he owns a whole two pairs of jeans and three shirts.
Here are some of the things Scott and I discussed:
- Why entrepreneurs earning around $200,000 are so much fun to be around
- Equity, conflict of interest and the benefits of cash
- Why entrepreneurship isn’t sexy
- The limits of podcasting as a way of building a business
- Why an audience is useless unless you train them to buy
- What makes you any different? – The importance of having a value proposition
- Fake intimacy, and how people go wrong with automated mailing tools
- What to expect from an agency
- Why an agency is an inefficient way to get leads
- Scaling an agency – is it possible?
- Designing a marketing funnel
- How a traditional funnel works
- Creating a smart funnel – slow and fast lanes
- Streaming leads into lanes
- Turning entrepreneurs into marketers
Listen to this podcast episode, tell us your favorite quote from the episode and win a $10 Amazon gift card. Simply type your favorite quote from this episode into the comments section below. If we choose your quote and share it on our Instagram page here, we will shoot you a gift card for $10 to be used on Amazon.com. Since this contest is so new, and there are not a lot of comments yet, your chances of winning are huge!
Links on this page may be affiliate links. If you purchase anything after clicking through on any links, you can assume that I am probably being compensated. However, it does not affect the price that you pay for the product.
Jul 20 2016
Rank #6: The Random Episode - Part 1
From time to time, I'd like to make quick and random episodes about what I'm up to and what's working now in my business.
Today, I talk about what's working in the content marketing agency, the funnel strategies that are currently working well, updates to the Content Business Machine, and my affiliate marketing strategy.
Jul 13 2016
Rank #7: The eCommerce Magician – Jarrett Stevenson Flashback
Jarrett Stevenson’s story starts out like many other Americans. He grew up in the small, rural town of Avery, California. In his early adulthood, he lived the “starving artist” life as an aspiring musician and singer/songwriter. Over time, and through perseverance, he became a leading expert in internet marketing for hundreds of ecommerce companies. He has helped businesses around the world market and sell their products online, with sales reaching well into the 7 figures and beyond.
Moreover, Jarrett has spent countless hours helping individuals increase their income revenue through his one-on-one coaching programs – many of which have earned 6 figure incomes in as little as 4 months. Jarrett’s coaching tips and advice provide aspiring ecommerce business owners with actionable strategies, many of which he has used throughout his own career.
Currently, Jarrett resides in beautiful Seattle, Washington and works as part of a global, collaborative team of ecommerce coaches at David Cavanagh’s Best Coaching Program.
Please welcome Jarrett Stevenson, the eCommerce Magician to the show!
Jul 06 2016
Rank #8: 9 ‘Outside The Box’ Ways To Use Video In Your Business
AI051 9 ‘Outside The Box’ Ways To Use Video In Your Business
Welcome back to the Authority Insider podcast! In our last episode, I spoke with Joey Xoto about online video production and this conversation and questions from our wonderful listeners. Today, I want to answer some of those questions that you asked – specifically, the question of how I use videos to promote my business.
There are a lot of ways that you can use videos when marketing your business. All it takes is a little creativity!
So without further ado, here are the 9 ways I use videos to promote my business.
1) Create Video Versions of Your Blog Posts
- You can repurpose your blog posts into video posts (also called Vlogs)
- Create slides from your blog posts
- Create Screen Capture Tutorials (works well for technical blog posts – show your readers how to complete each step!)
2) Video Interviews
- Use eCamm Skype Call Recorder (Mac program to record Skype calls)
- Use Pamela (PC program to record Skype calls)
- Video record your in-person interviews
- Create screen capture video tutorials
- Create whiteboard video tutorials
- Use these videos for Facebook Ads
4) Daily Life Videos
- Facebook Live
5) Use Videos to Sell Your Product
- Talking Head Videos
- Whiteboard Sales Videos
6) Video Testimonials
- Ask your previous clients to record a quick, 30-second video testimonial for you
7) Video Press Release
- Find something newsworthy in your business
- Have a press release written about it
- Contact prREACH
8) Use Videos to Connect with People
- Adds a personal touch to your letter of introduction
- Create tutorial videos for your new outsourced team members
9) Animation Videos
- Viddyoze (Plus my bonuses)
This episode was sponsored by Joey Xoto’s Videos
Jun 29 2016
Rank #10: Narrative Marketing - Ian Chandler
Ian Chandler is an author and professional content marketer from Kent, Ohio. He is currently studying English at Kent State University, but has already published his first book: “The No B.S. Guide to Freelance Writing.” He has written several articles and blog posts aiming to help other freelance writers learn the basics of getting started in the industry and works closely with several businesses on their content marketing strategies, list building, and lead generation strategies including Haircut Inspiration. He is the editor for Nukeblogge – an online blog dedicated to helping people learn more about blogging, freelancing, and content marketing – as well as a contributing writer for Freedom With Writing. His work has also appeared on sites like The Penny Hoarder and TechGyo.
Please welcome Ian Chandler to the show!
Jun 15 2016