Rank #1: Out Of The Woods Music Video - Episode 199 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Death Of A Bachelor by Panic! At The Disco
Episode 199 -
She lost him, but she found herself, and somehow, that was everything. In Episode 199 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s most recent music video for her new single “Out of the Woods.” Before 1989 was released, Taylor said that “Out of the Woods” was representational of the entire album. It seems fitting then, that “Out of the Woods” would be released as Taylor’s last single off 1989… or is it? Let us know if you think Taylor will come out with anymore singles from the 1989 era. Meanwhile, enjoy the episode as we analyze the “Out of the Woods” music video!
Highlights from Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Out of the Woods” Music Video
– When you’re on the beach minding your own business and trees literally materialize around you.
– Diane doesn’t like it when wolves are portrayed as evil.
– Did Taylor just jump off a cliff?!?
– We discuss the symbolism behind the extreme elements Taylor encounters.
– What would you rank “Out of the Woods” on a scale of 1-13?
– Fancy an audio book? Check out our sponsors, Audible, to receive a free audiobook of your choice. Visit http://audible.com/taylor for details.
– We have some BIG news this episode. BIG NEWS.
– What are Swifties listening to? A listener and your hosts give you tons of song suggestions.
– “Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” – J.M. Barrie
– Adam, Steve, and I want to thank you, the listeners, for all the support you’ve given the show for the past four years. We LOVE you!!
Feb 01 2016
Rank #2: Taylor Swift Versus Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert and George Strait - Who will win at the ACM's? - Episode 127 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 127 - Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, George Strait, or Taylor Swift… who will be the ACM Entertainer of the Year? In Episode 127 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the probability that Taylor Swift will prevail against the nominees. Taylor lost the award last year to Luke Bryan, but that doesn’t mean she will lose again this year! Let us know what you think of our theories and be sure to watch the ACMs next Sunday, April 6th, at 8/7c on CBS. Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 127 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – ACM Predictions: Who Will Be Entertainer of the Year?:
- Blake Shelton sure entertains on The Voice, but we consider those viewers passive, and thus less likely to vote.
- Could Luke Bryan beat Taylor? Honestly, he might “crash her party.”
- Miranda might win Female Vocalist of the Year, but definitely not EOTY.
- George Strait: Entertainer of the Year or Entertainer of a Lifetime? Fun fact: He hasn’t won EOTY since Taylor Swift was born.
- Remember to vote for Taylor daily at VoteACM.com
- Sami visits the “Who’s Taylor Swift Anyway?” art exhibit in Brooklyn, New York.
- Continue to vote for Taylor for the first ever iHeartRadio Music Awards at iheartradio.com/awards.
- You know you’re a Swifty when your parents ask you “What did Taylor Swift do today?” and you actually know the answer…
Mar 31 2014
Rank #3: Bad Blood Feat. Kendrick Lamar + Music Video - Episode 183 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 183 - The “Bad Blood” Music Video SIZZLES!Taylor Swift set the Swifty fandom on fire with her world premiere of the “Bad Blood” music video at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Full of cameos from her best friends, sexy action sequences, and a remix with Kendrick Lamar, Taylor delivers one of her best music videos to date. What are your thoughts on the music video? What do you think of Kendrick Lamar’s rap? Let us know! Hope you enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 183 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Music Video
– Uh oh… Selena Gomez is the backstabbing friend in this video!
– Could Taylor’s transformation into a fighting powerhouse represent her personal transformation in the 1989 album?
– So many cameos… but we missed Meredith and Olivia!
– Why do you think the story of the video took place in London?
– “We was on D like DOC” — Diane needs a translation.
– Taylor’s favorite Kendrick Lamar song makes an appearance. I see what you did there.
– Taylor’s Rock in Rio performance was different than any performance we’ve seen before (more details to come).
– How do you hold 8 Billboard Music Awards at once? #TaylorSwiftProblems
– If you like us, rate us on iTunes at TaylorTalk.org/iTunes!
– May 20th: The 1989 World Tour kicks off in the US in Bossier City, Louisiana.
– May 22nd: The 1989 World Tour continues in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
May 18 2015
Rank #4: Blank Space - Episode 159 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to Cali Rodi
Episode 159 - Nice to meet you, where you been? You should listen to Taylor Talk! In Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single “Blank Space,” a song that originally started out as a joke to mock the fictionalized character the media created from Taylor Swift’s alleged “serial dating habits.” It’s a catchy, well-written song, and join us as we analyze the lyrics line by line. There’s no doubt that “Blank Space” will become an instant hit. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion: “Blank Space” Song Analysis– “Hey, I want to write this completely satirical song about the fictionalization of my personal life…” said Taylor Swift, and that became “Blank Space”– Which “Blank Space” song lyric is your favorite?– Sami discusses the idea that Taylor embedded a little bit of her exes into each part of the song.– Is there a reference to “The Lucky One” in “Blank Space?”– We discuss what “Blank Space” would look like on the 1989 World Tour.– In the likely chance that the official music video for “Blank Space” will be released this week, Steve has a hilarious idea as to what the music video might look like.
Other Topics:– 1989 had the year’s largest first week sales of nearly 1.3 million!! Yeaaauh Taylor feels amazin’.– The 1989 World Tour has been announced! Check out taylorswift.com/events to see when it comes to your city.– If swifties ruled the world the air would always smell like Wonderstruck.– Swifties are listening to Cali Rodi’s “Friends Like Us.” Check out her seven free songs at CaliRodi.com.
Nov 10 2014
Rank #5: You Belong With Me - Episode 126 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Saturday - Ed Sheeran
Episode 126 - Can’t you see Taylor Talk are the ones who understand you? We are big Swifties like you, and this week, we’re analyzing the Taylor Swift classic “You Belong With Me.” Listen up in Episode 126 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast as your hosts discuss the lyrics, tour performances, and more of “You Belong With Me.” Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 126 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “You Belong With Me” Song Analysis:
- Fun fact: One of Taylor’s bandmates inspired the first line of the song
- Is this song autobiographical or fiction? Debate! It could be about Drew from “Teardrops on my Guitar”
- Diane’s “You Belong With Me” Youtube parody is the reason Adam is friends with her.
- Fearless, Speak Now or RED — what’s your favorite performance of “You Belong With Me” ever?
- The Fowler Project Space is holding a special Taylor Swift art exhibit in New York
- Voting for ACM EnterTAYner of the Year begins March 24th. Get voting!
- If Swifties Ruled the World, everyone would have a musical or baking ability. Sounds delicious!
- What are Swifties listening to? “Saturday” by Ed Sheeran
Mar 24 2014
Rank #6: Wildest Dreams
Episode 177 - Oh my my my, how Taylor Swift has changed from the “Love Story” girl! In Episode 177 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s new, realistic take on love in her song “Wildest Dreams.” Taylor says that when she meets someone new, her first thought is, “When this is over, I hope they think well of me.” Her opinion on love has changed from a more romantic happily-ever-after viewpoint to something more fatalistic. What’s your take on this perspective? Do you see love like Taylor does? Let us know your thoughts and what you think of “Wildest Dreams.” Enjoy the episode!Also: We were nominated for BEST ENTERTAINMENT PODCAST at the 2015 Podcast Awards!! VOTE AT PODCASTAWARDS.COM DAILY.
Highlights from Episode 177 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion: “Wildest Dreams” Song Analysis– Is going into a relationship thinking that it will ultimately end really a fair way to enter a relationship?– Steve says “Wildest Dreams” is about forming an immediate connection with someone. That’s one way to put it!– Taylor Swift writes with her heart. Literally!– How does the music create the mood of the song?– Some people debate on whether or not this song sounds like Lana Del Rey. We debate on how to say “Lana.”– Adam’s so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.– We kind of have a singing contest. And I’m kind of sure you’ll never want us to do it again.
Other Topics:– WE’RE NOMINATED FOR BEST ENTERTAINMENT PODCAST IN THE PODCAST AWARDS! Please vote daily at podcastawards.com!– Meredith owes Taylor $40 million for scratching her leg. MeOW.
Calendar– Taylor will appear on Live with Kelly and Michael on March 25th.– The Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards are on March 28th.– March 29th are the iHeartRadio Music Awards.
Mar 16 2015
Rank #7: Wildest Dreams Music Video - Episode 191 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 191 - Say you’ll remember me, even if it’s just pretend… Ladies and gentlemen, the music video you have been waiting for has arrived. The music video for “Wildest Dreams” is out now and it is absolute perfection!!! (You can hear the fangirl in my voice!) In Episode 191, your hosts Adam, Diane, and Steve break down the “Wildest Dream” music video thematically and discuss how the visual elements (Old Hollywood, Africa) relate to the story of the song. Since there was so much detail in this video, we’re sure we may have missed some moments, so let us know what your favorite parts were. What did you think of the video? Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 191 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Wildest Dreams” Music Video
– I think we can agree that this was the perfect video for the perfect song!!!
– The video took the lyric “even if it’s just pretend” and ran with it… Cue shattering heartbreak.
– How did Old Hollywood and shots of Africa contribute to the theme of the song?
– Steve notes Taylor’s strong resemblance to Ava Gardner.
– All of Taylor’s proceeds from the music video will be donated to wild animal conservation efforts through the African Parks Foundation of America.
– There were so many guests at Taylor’s five sold-out LA shows that it was hard to keep track. (Oops! We forgot America’s sweetheart, Ellen DeGeneres.)
– Nicki Minaj opened the MTV VMAs with Taylor Swift as her surprise guest! Looks like there’s no bad blood between them.
– And Video of the Year goes to…. Taylor Swift for “Bad Blood”!!!
– September 4: The 1989 World Tour – Salt Lake City, UT
– September 5 & 6: The 1989 World Tour – Denver, CO
– September 9: The 1989 World Tour – Houston, TX
– September 11 & 12: The 1989 World Tour – St. Paul, MN
Aug 31 2015
Rank #8: Welcome To New York - Episode 156 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast --- Swifties are also listening to Empire State of Mind by Jay Z
Welcome to Taylor Talk, we’ve been waiting for you! In Episode 156 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s new song about freedom, new beginnings, and New York City! What did you think of the song? We imagine that it’s going to be the perfect anthem for the release week of 1989. Let us know what you think of the episode. Happy listening!Highlights from Episode 156 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion: “Welcome to New York”– One listener describes this song as being “straight out of a John Hughes 80’s movie.”– “I dreamt about moving to New York, I obsessed about moving to New York, and then I did it.” – Taylor Swift– How will Taylor’s 1980s-esque songs mix with her previous catalog of songs for tour?– Taylor describes New York as a place that can overwhelm some people, but not her.– We tackle the gay rights line — do you think it was too subtle or did it fit perfectly?– Steve thinks Taylor was inspired by the “Welcome to New York” sign at LaGuardia Airport, while Adam thinks the song could be about the sign itself….– How do you imagine the music video for this song? Do you think she’ll release it as a single?
Oct 21 2014
Rank #9: QuizUp Taylor Swift Jeopardy - Episode 109 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 109 - Think you're the master at the Taylor Swift category on QuizUp? Listen up to find out whether or not you're worthy to challenge the hosts of Taylor Talk! In Episode 109 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts go head to head in a round of Taylor Swift Jeopardy using the questions from the QuizUp app. If you decide to play along with the hosts, be sure to send in your scores for the opportunity to play Taylor Swift Jeopardy on a future episode of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast! Happy listening & good luck!
Highlights from Episode 109 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
- Join your hosts/contestants, Maya, Diane, and Steve for a round of Taylor Swift Jeopardy.
- Check out Taylor Swift's interview on CMT Radio Live with Cody Alan on cmtradiolive.com.
- Taylor Swift to granted a wish to Delaney Brown, a little girl from PA battling leukemia, by skyping with her this weekend.
- The 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards will air on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014 9:00pm on CBS. Taylor is nominated for Favorite Country Artist.
- All the jeopardy questions for this episode were taken from the QuizUp app, the biggest trivia game in the world available via iTunes
- Fun fact: Adam came up with most of the questions in the Taylor Swift category on QuizUp!
- That awkward moment when Steve doesn't remember his last name.
- Did you know that Taylor won a contest in elementary school for her poem "Monster In My Closet"
- Make sure to tally up your score and let us know what you got! The winner may be join our hosts on a future episode of Taylor Talk :)
- You know you're TayTalker when you come up with a cheesy fandom name for Taylor Talk! We LOVE it!
Dec 23 2013
Rank #10: Look What You Made Me Do - Episode 200 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 200 - Look what you made US do, Taylor!
Since Taylor decided to come out of "retirement," so did the team at Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast.
In episode 200, the first published in a year and 1/2, our hosts take you through a fascinating and in-depth analysis of Taylor's latest single, "Look What You Made Me Do."
Contrary to popular belief, two of our three hosts do NOT believe this song is a Kanye West, Kim Kardashian, or Katy Perry "diss," but rather a song more focused on Taylor, herself.
How do we argue that point? Well give episode 200 a listen and find out!
Also, if you have a moment to spare, please consider giving us a review on iTunes. You can visit our iTunes page directly by entering "TaylorTalk.org" into any Web browser.
Happy Listening :-)
Aug 28 2017
Rank #11: Invisible aka You Belong With Me 1.0 - Episode 139 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to X, Multiply, a new album from Ed Sheeran
Episode 139 - I just want to open your eyes and make you realize… a new episode of Taylor Talk is out! In Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Invisible,” Taylor’s beautiful ballad of unrequited love. We also talk about cooking with Barefoot Contessa, Taylor’s new kitten, and touch on Ed Sheeran’s new album. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 139 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – “Invisible” Song Analysis:
- We flash back to a song from Taylor’s high school days, “Invisible.”
- Steve calls this song the first draft of “You Belong With Me.”
- We debate who or what exactly is invisible in this song.
- Adam never fails to find a way to relate Harry Potter to Taylor Swift!
- How does the fact that Taylor wrote this song with a co-writer change the song?
- We wonder why this song was a bonus track rather than being on the original album.
- Taylor Swift says she won’t hang out with boys who are on a diet… just so you know.
- There’s a new kitty in Taylor’s life: Olivia Benson! Does this mean she’s a cat lady now?
- Be sure to vote for Taylor in the Teen Choice Awards.
- You know you’re a Swifty when you name your hermit crab “Swift!”
- MASSIVE end of tour sale going on at the Taylor Swift Online Store! Get it while it’s hot and RED!
- Swifties are listening to Ed Sheeran’s new album “X”
Jun 23 2014
Rank #12: 1989 World Tour - Bad Blood, Blank Space, Shake It Off, and More! - Episode 184 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 184 - 1989 TOUR SPOILERS GALORE! In Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, Adam and Diane bring you their review of Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour. After seeing the show at Rock In Rio in Vegas and in Bossier City, Louisiana, we wanted to give you our initial impressions of Taylor’s new show. We discuss the setlist in detail, Taylor’s elaborate costumes, dancers, and more. If you haven’t seen the show yet and don’t care about being spoiled, listen up! And if you have seen the show, what did you think? Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Initial Review
– If you want to stay 1989 Tour spoiler-free, do not listen to this episode!!
– We go song by song and describe each performance of 1989.
– Which song stole the show?
– If you’ve seen the 1989 tour, did anything disappoint you?
– Remember: you MUST go visit Taylor Nation Headquarters if you attend a concert!
– Taylor Swift broke a VEVO record with most views in a single day for “Bad Blood”!! (We’re not surprised though).
– We think we may have figured out what “on D like DOC” means in Kendrick Lamar’s “Bad Blood” rap. Maybe.
– You know you’re a Swifty when you make up choreography for every song off 1989 and you’re essentially an official tour dancer.
– Swifties are listening to “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk The Moon.
– May 30: The 1989 World Tour – Detroit, MI.
– June 2: The 1989 World Tour – Louisville, KY.
– June 3: The 1989 World Tour – Cleveland, OH.
– June 6: The 1989 World Tour – Pittsburgh, PA.
May 25 2015
Rank #13: What's Going On In Asia? - Red Tour Around The World - Episode 136 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - How To Be A Heartbreaker - Marina and The Diamonds
Episode 136 - The RED Tour goes to Asia! In Episode 136 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we cover Taylor’s shows so far in Asia. We also discuss the changes Taylor has made throughout the RED Tour as it traveled to different countries. If you’re going to one of the RED shows in Asia, we’d love to hear from you! Let us know what you thought of the RED tour! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 136 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: The Many Changes of the RED Tour:
- We discuss the logistics of Taylor Swift moving the RED Tour from country to country.
- You know how Taylor has buses and planes with her face on it? We think she should invest in a ship.
- We theorize about her setlist choices based on each place the RED Tour goes.
- Maya can’t wait for Taylor to sing “Our Song” on the b-stage again….
- Special offer to Thai Swifties: they have reserved tickets for the Singapore show just for you!!
- Taylor Swift says the fifth album is her favorite thing EVER!
- We’re so thankful to @TSwiftOnTour for keeping us updated on the Asian leg of the RED Tour.
- As our Nashville CMA Fest correspondent, Steve will be attending the 2014 CMT Awards! Lucky him. It will air this Wednesday, June 4th at 8/7c on CMT.
- Please help us find a way to tell Taylor Swift Sami named her cat after her
- Swifties are listening to “How To Be A Heartbreaker” by Marina and the Diamonds
Jun 02 2014
Rank #14: Mine - Episode 198 - Taylor Talk Classic - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 198 -
You are (still) the best thing that’s ever been mine. In Episode 198 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we bring you a Taylor Talk Classic: the song analysis of “Mine.” We chose this episode in honor of Rachel. This past week, in Brisbane, Australia, Taylor Swift performed “Mine” on the b-stage in honor of a fan, Rachel, who was tragically killed in a car accident with her mother. This touching song about love that endures all is a Swifty favorite. Let us know what you think of the song. Enjoy the Taylor Talk flashback!
Taylor Swift, you are the best thing that’s ever been mine!In Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Mine” in honor of this past Valentines Day. “Mine” is perhaps one of Taylor’s only true love songs, but is it actually true or just a day dream? Contact us to let us know what you think of the song. In other news, the RED Tour is coming to Asia. Check out taylorswift.com/REDtourAsia for tour dates and where to buy tickets. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 121 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Mine” Song Analysis:
– Taylor said this song is about “finding someone who would make you believe in love”
– We love the depth the music video adds to the line “you made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter.”
– How crazy was it to see Taylor Swift pregnant in the video?
– Fun fact: Taylor Swift picked her music video sons after meeting them in an ice cream parlor in Nashville.
– Diane fangirls remembering when Taylor performing “Mine” live on the b-stage in Indiana.
– What do you think of Taylor’s new short haircut?
– Hooray! The RED Tour is coming to Asia!
– We’re dusting off our ask.fm account, so if you ask us something, we’ll answer
– If Taylor were an Olympic athlete, what sport would she participate in?
– If Swifties ruled the world, a “pathetic single girls party” will be a holiday
Dec 07 2015
Rank #15: Which Songs Made Taylor Swift Popular? - Episode 116 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 116 - Everyone has that one Taylor Swift song that grabbed them and made them a Swifty. In Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss which songs on each album made Taylor Swift the superstar she is today. And since Taylor's a superstar, it's surprising that she does not yet have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. But did you know that fans can nominate celebrities to receive a star? Swifties should nominated Taylor! Let us know if you'd be willing to help nominate Taylor Swift to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- We are combining our mid-week episode and our Monday shows into one awesome show per week!
- Which song off RED helped Taylor acquire more Swifties? Let us know your thoughts!
- We discuss whether or not moving into the pop genre helped Taylor grow in popularity.
- Fun Fact: "The Story of Us" was the song that made Adam a Swifty.
- "Love Story" and "You Belong With Me" may be the all-time Swift classics.
- A listener listens while she's working out! We're so happy Taylor Talk can help keep you healthy.
- Do you think Taylor will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
- Fun Fact: Only 20 people are chosen per year to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- So... who wants to get Taylor Swift a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? It would be the coolest gift ever!
Jan 16 2014
Rank #16: Better Than Revenge - Episode 150 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - Swifties are also listening to Work Day by Hozier
Episode 150 - We’re better known for the things that we do on…. the podcast! In Episode 150 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of Taylor Swift’s most in-your-face songs, “Better Than Revenge.” Taylor wrote this at an age when she still believed that a girl could steal her boyfriend, but in light of her recent feminist admission, she’s changed her tune. What do you guys think of “Better Than Revenge”? Did your thoughts change after you listened to our feminist discussion on Episode 149? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 150 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Better Than Revenge” Song Analysis
- This song is probably inspired by a boy who broke up with Taylor in a 27 second phone call. Maybe.
- That awkward moment when The Jonas Brothers write a mean song about Taylor and she comes back with a “much better” song.
- We debate who exactly Taylor is trying to get revenge on: Camilla or Joe?
- Steve gives us a poetic rendition of “Much Better” by the Jonas Brothers. Snap if you appreciate it.
- Diane filmed a short music video for Better Than Revenge back in the day
- Do you think Taylor Swift regrets writing this song?
- Taylor performed “Shake It Off” at the German Radio Awards. Which performance did you like better: VMAs or the GRA?
- Taylor Swift was nominated for CMA Female Vocalist of the year! Did they forget Taylor’s pop now?
- You know you’re a Swifty when you started drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes because Taylor drinks them!
- Swifties (and Taylor Swift) are listening to “Work Song” by Hozier.
Sep 08 2014
Rank #17: What Did YOU Think Before Red? - Episode 140 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are also listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt
Episode 140 - We take you on a Taylor Swift Flashback to a time before the RED Album! Remember when we got the track list for RED, but hadn’t heard any of the songs yet? In Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, per listener request, we reflect on our initial impressions of the song titles and analyze whether or not the song titles fit the song. We’d love to hear your thoughts on our discussion. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 140 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – What did you think the songs on RED were about before you heard the songs?
- We take a look back nearly two years ago before the RED album came out, but when we knew the track list. What did you think her songs were about based on the titles?
- Raise your hand if you thought "The Lucky One" was about Zac Efron.
- “22″ should have been about how many cats Taylor Swift wants. Obviously.
- That awkward moment when Diane was right and yet so wrong about “Red.”
- We talk about the similarities between “Treacherous” and “I Knew You Were Trouble.”
- Adam uses this episode to perfect his pirate accent…. and once again ties Taylor Swift to Harry Potter.
- Cosmopolitan’s “15 Things Not To Say To A Taylor Swift Fan” is a perfect list to send to the Taylor haters!
- Be sure to vote for Taylor Swift in the Teen Choice Awards everyday! (Hint: if you were born between 1995-2001, you are a teen *wink*)
- You know you’re a Swifty when you feel that much more relatable to Taylor Swift because you were both born on a Wednesday morning!
- Swifties are listening to “The People” by Nina Nesbitt.
- WWTD returns!! What would Taylor do if Miley Cyrus interrupted one of her shows by swinging in on a wrecking ball?
Jun 30 2014
Rank #18: GRAMMY EDITION - Remembering These Grammys All Too Well - Lorde "Royals" Daft Punk "Get Lucky" Kacey Musgraves "Merry Go Round" - Episode 118 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Episode 118 - I'm a crumbled up piece of paper lying here because Taylor performed "All Too Well" at the Grammys! On Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts give you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards. We discuss the red carpet, the nature of the Grammy awards and how they pick the winners, and Taylor's breath-taking performance of "All Too Well." We also go back in the Taylor Swift time machine and discuss Taylor's past Grammy performances from 2009-2013. And even though Taylor didn't win a Grammy this year, she is still our seven-time Grammy winning girl, our favorite. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- The RED Tour is coming to London! Taylor will perform at London's O2 on Feb. 1st & 2nd.
- We bring you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards!
- What did you think of Taylor Swift's red carpet dress? The hosts give mixed reviews.
- Maya loved Colbie Caillat's red dress.
- Grammy winners are determined "without regard to album sales or chart promotion." That explains it.
- Adam defines an "artist" as someone who writes or at least co-writes their own music.
- Diane is baffled by Daft Punk's helmets. What?
- That moment when you accidentally think RED won Album of the Year and then your heart is broken...
- Why did Fearless win Album of the Year in 2008 and RED didn't?
- Can we talk about how incredible it is that Taylor chose to perform "All Too Well" because the Swifties asked her to?
- Taylor sure looked pissed about that scarf!
- What's your all-time favorite Taylor Swift Grammy performance? We discuss her performances from 2008-2013.
- Fun fact: Queen Latifah can marry you now!
- You know you're a Swifty when you describe yourself as a hardcore Taylor Swift fan.
- View all the nominees and winners of the 56th Grammy Awards at grammy.com/nominees.
Jan 27 2014
Rank #19: A Time Before RED: Part II - Episode 141 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast - The Last Time - Sad Beautiful Tragic - Everything Has Changed - Starlight -- Swifties are listening to "Shotgun Wedding" by Jamie Lynn Spears
Episode 141 - Back by popular demand, our RED song title discussion (and Adam’s pirate voice) have returned! In Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss what we thought the rest of the songs on RED were about before we heard them. Let us know what your theories are. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – What did you imagine the songs on RED would be about before you heard them?
- Get ready for our part II discussion on RED songs before you heard them!
- The title “Sad Beautiful Tragic” threw the entire panel off.
- Some of the listeners give an interesting twist to the title “Everything Has Changed.”
- We wonder if Taylor will tackle the theme of death on album five.
- Adam thought “Come Back, Be Here” was about a clingy boyfriend! LOL
- We hope you had a great 4th of July! See what Taylor Swift did to celebrate on her instagram.
- Here’s your daily reminder to vote for Tay in the Teen Choice Awards!
- You know you’re a Swifty when you get engaged in the very same Parisian cafe where “Begin Again” was shot!
- What would Taylor do if Meredith and/or Olivia ran onstage during a concert?
- Swifties are listening to “Shotgun Wedding” by Jamie Lynn Spears.
Jul 07 2014
Rank #20: Stay Beautiful Song Analysis - Episode 144 - Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast -- Swifties are ALSO Listening To Mother and Father by The Broods
Episode 144 - Hey, by the way… the newest episode of Taylor Talk is out!! In Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of the die-hard Swifties’ favorite songs: “Stay Beautiful.” Although this is a song Taylor wrote when she was in her teenage years, in light of a recent Instagram post, she still believes in the selfless of unrequited love. Be sure to share your thoughts on the song. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastMain Discussion – “Stay Beautiful” Song Analysis- Taylor probably wrote this song about her fourth grade crush: Cory Robertson referenced in the Target commercial.- We decipher how someone could possibly “smile like the radio.”- Have you ever had such a huge crush on someone that you couldn’t talk to them? Adam says he hasn’t. I think he’s lying.- We marvel at Taylor’s continued poignant admiration of unrequited love, most recently in an Instagram post.- For some reason, Adam and Sami break into a short rendition of "Summer Lovin" from Grease.
Others Topics:- Sami found her wings in New York City too!- Fun fact: if you tell Taylor it’s your birthday in Central Park, she may buy you dinner!- Taylor Swift is performing at the iHeartRadio Music Festival! We assume her newest single will be out before then - You know you’re a Swifty when you pay your siblings to be quiet when you’re listening to Taylor Talk :’D- Swifties are listening to “Mother & Father” by Broods.- Please leave Taylor Talk a GOOD voicemail! A lot of them are creepy….
Jul 28 2014