Rank #1: Unf*ckwithable with Ash Ambirge
- struggling with negativity when your friends tell you “that’s life"
- needing to constantly be reinventing (and it’s not for the feint of heart)
- what it means to be authentic… Is it just a buzz word?
- feeling self important & worrying that people will judge you when they don’t even notice
- making the mistake of outsourcing your voice
- success takes a lot of work!
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/ashambirge
Jul 04 2016
Rank #2: Being a warrior for your message with Isabel Foxen Duke
- How Isabel got the courage to build her business on counter cultural messaging
- Having a strong voice from Day 1.
- Being inspired by seeing someone else achieve what you want to achieve
- The impeccable timing that led to Isabel getting 10,000 subscribers in her first year
- Getting addicted to media attention & how her ego got wrapped up in it
- How hard it is to sustain content creation when you’re wrapped up in what everyone will think about every single blog post
- High stakes launching when you only launch once a year.
Aug 16 2016
Rank #3: Business bravery with Kate Toon
- the business lifecycle - growth mode v maintenance mode
- having money in the bank giving you choices
- accepting that some people aren’t going to love you
- not being afraid to look the fool & take fast action
- whether you can be too vulnerable
- how to not be afraid of tooting your own horn
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/katetoon
Jun 27 2016
Rank #4: Uncompromising Success with Jenny Shih
In this episode, we talk about:
- boldly quitting her job as the breadwinner to start her business
- does having your back up against the wall help or hurt you?
- working 20-30hrs per week & fitting life around business (not the other way around)
- learning to make the best use of time, so that the time you do spend behind your desk is uber productive
- why you should aspire to gush over your support team
- how to figure out if you’re on the wrong path — and it’s not because you have no clients.
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/jennyshih
Jul 11 2016
Rank #5: Helping your clients be the best clients
- The missing piece in most ideal client exercises
- How to make sure only the best clients get through your door
- Being brave enough to be the leader of your own business
- What happens behind the scenes to keep your client relationships strong.
Jun 06 2016
Rank #6: Saying NO!
In this episode, we talk about:
- Why it feels shitty to be on the receiving end of a 'yes' when they mean 'no'
- How to switch your mindset away from saying no being mean or rude
- My basic script for saying no to potential clients that aren't right for me.
Jul 24 2016
Rank #7: Unsexy business truths with Tiffany Han
- the surprising secret that what we consider risk is not actually a risk at all
- rapid growth feeling like chaos inside your business
- “I hit 6 figures” as a slimy marketing tactic
- knowing which clients are the best energetic match for you
- having babies = a weird trigger for business growth
- when to collaborate & how to find the right people to collaborate with
- making out with YES.
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/tiffanyhan
Jul 18 2016
Rank #8: Creative Confidence With Louise Glendon
- How Lou went from being in the airforce to boudoir photographer
- Wondering “who am I to teach photography?"
- the challenge of creative confidence when there’s so many people that are more creative than you
- getting tied up in other people’s success stories
- adjusting your work day to suit the way you work
- how it's hard to know the difference between fear that's holding you back & fear that's a warning sign.
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/louiseglendon
Aug 08 2016
Rank #9: Mastering your systems with Natasha Vorompiova
- The surprise of how hard it is to start a business
- Figuring out that systems was Natasha's sweet spot
- The liberation of blaming your systems instead of blaming
yourself when things go wrong
- How working out my systems have calmed my business down
- Why there’s no such thing as a "proven system"
- The importance of client onboarding
Apr 29 2016
Rank #10: Un-complicating business with Kyla Roma
- Admin being a safe space to hide in your business
- Finding your business wellspring & your quicksand
- Mistaking the key to success as needing to work harder
- Getting out of idea generation & into action
- Getting more curious about the undercurrent of what’s happening in your client’s life & mind (it’s not always about you)
- How to know if discomfort in your marketing is because it’s stretching you or is out of integrity
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/kylaroma
Apr 18 2016
Rank #11: Sharing your big opinions with Becca Tracey
- starting a business while living in a van & travelling the country
- setting expectations & boundaries to get higher quality clients
- investing your money in the right place, at the right time
- sharing a strong opinion to repel the unsuitables & attract the dreamy clients
- the benefits of a slow but steady evolution of building a business
- the danger of the lightbulb moment.
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/rebeccatracey
Apr 11 2016
Rank #12: You are enough with Cassie Mendoza-Jones
- Aligning to intentions without attaching to the outcome
- How Cassie got her book published by Hay House
- comparing yourself so much that you lose your own voice
- The respectful ‘no'
- Parallels between income and self care
- Giving yourself the gift of working with what you’ve got.
Apr 04 2016
Rank #13: Success on your own terms with Victoria Gibson
- Empowering women to succeed on their own terms
- Ditching perfectionism
- Trying things that work for other people & knowing it doesn’t feel right for you
- The power of having mentors that know your strengths
- Do you need to be on social media?
- Asking permission to be yourself.
Mar 28 2016
Rank #14: Making your own rules with Marie Poulin
- you have control over how you run your business
- the importance of your customer experience
- making sure you’re being profitable by tracking your time
- setting up your business to match your energy levels
- going through the awkward, murky amateur phase
- your soft skills affect how you package yourself & how your clients perceive you
- pricing is the most fear-inducing thing in business.
Show notes: http://www.alyssamartin.com/listen/mariepoulin
Mar 15 2016
Rank #15: Being gentle with yourself with Kate Courageous
- wanting to be internet famous
- setting boundaries in your 9-5 as practice for setting boundaries in your business
- giving up too early (and how you know it’s too early)
- perfectionism as a money block
- the link between being stressed and making mistakes
- the value of being gentle with yourself.
Mar 08 2016