Rank #1: TT 151 - 4th Year Anniversary Show!
Mel, Tom and Robert get together to talk all things Tesla... Supercharging, gigafactories, SpaceX and The Boring Company all feature in the 4 year anniversary of the show.
- Inventory here: https://www.tesla.com/inventory/new/ms?utm_campaign=FreeUnlimited&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
- flow batteries
- compressed air energy storage
- solid oxide fuel cells.
- Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Bureau approved a $48.6 million contract
Jun 03 2019
Rank #2: Ep 103 - Superchargers And Powerwalls For Everyone
It has been quite a week in Tesla land, with Tesla turning on more range for cars in Florida, to help out during the storm. Plenty of climate change discussion after Former FEMA chief advocates rebuilding infrastructure in a way that mitigates storm damage in the future. China announced they will set a deadline to stop fossil fuels, and Chinese EV supercar maker is prepping an all-electric SUV! Also, Tesla updates Model S interior with new back seats. All this, and the usual banter.
Sep 13 2017
Rank #3: Ep 122 - Model 3: Users Interfacing
Tom and Robert bring you this weeks Talking Tesla news! This week's show focuses on the Model 3 user interface. They walk us through the Model 3 screen interface and explain the centre screen in detail. They have also just returned from the Los Angeles Tesla Owners Club event and they have much to report, including this week's Tesla, Autonomous driving and Space X news.
Jan 23 2018
Rank #4: TT 153 - Shareholder Meeting Recap
Tom and Robert get together in Mel's absence to discuss the Tesla shareholder meeting.
United States Spend Ten Times More On Fossil Fuel Subsidies Than Education
Hot in here? Research shows extreme heat is killing Nevadans, and it’s only getting hotter-Reno Gazette Journal
Tesla 2019 Shareholder’s Meeting https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/11/timestamped-summary-of-tesla-shareholder-meeting/
Bob Lutz Talks Panel Gaps, Tesla, and Why Every Detail Matters-Road and Track self authored piece
Hydrogen station explodes, Toyota halts sales of fuel cell cars, is this the end? - Electrek
Tesla Gigafactory 3 builds up at incredible speed, already installing production equipment - Electrek
Here's a real Tesla Solar Roof quote and the price will shock you - Electrek
Astronomy Group Says Starlink and Other Satellite Constellations Could Threaten Science | Space
- The International Astronomical Union (IAU) is voicing concerns about the risk that SpaceX's Starlink and other planned massive satellite constellations in low Earth orbit pose to astronomy.
- To date, there have been fewer than 200 low earth orbit satellites
- The Iridium constellation
- The Globalstar internet networks
- The OneWeb constellation (in-progress)
- The Project Kuiper satellite internet (planned by Amazon)
- The Athena internet satellite (planned by Facebook)
- Asteroids a near threat: https://ssd.jpl.nasa.gov/sbdb.cgi?sstr=2008%20KV2
Jun 24 2019
Rank #5: Ep 82 - The Trucks Are Coming
Also, they have a few complaints this week. Mel has another injury from the Falcon Wing doors, and Robert talks about his Autopilot, and all the things to be careful of when cruising in Autopilot. Meanwhile, the California DMV granted Apple clearance to start using autonomous vehicles, and VW have announced EV plans. And in sad news this week, The Tesla Parking Lot instagram has been removed.
Apr 18 2017
Rank #8: TT 165 - Not a Family Show
- Battery Road Map
- Energy Storage
- Car Dealer EV knowledge
- Calling Ford Dealerships and Asking About the Mustang Mach E: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2k9d_ZPzE&feature=youtu.be
- Fun with Release Notes
- Mel - In Defense of Elitism Joel Stein
- Robert - Queen & Slim
- Tom - The Challengers with Amy Brenneman
Go to iTunes, subscribe and write us a review (lie & say you like us !)
And of course listen to the little show, part of the Talking Tesla network of shows, Elon Daily!
Join your local official Tesla Owners Club, meet up with enthusiastic Tesla owners, talk more Tesla talk, go on group drives and gather to promote your sustainable transportation choice: www.tesla.com/support/ownersclub
Dec 16 2019
Rank #10: Ep 70 - The Alt Fact Episode
Jan 25 2017
Rank #11: TT 159 - Rye Whiskey and Flu
Tom, Robert and a flu-ridden Mel get together to talk all things Tesla.
- We’re in the midst of National Drive Electric Week!! https://www.sierraclub.org/press-releases/2019/09/ninth-annual-national-drive-electric-week-kicks-september-14-22
- Miners union president: 'Coal's not back. Nobody saved the coal industry.' https://apple.news/A3B-Fhh_YTYOfm8NZ2OW56w
- Model S lapping the famous German circuit at a blistering 7:23—nearly 20 seconds faster than the 7:42 lap time set by the Porsche Taycan (Engage in a little tachycardia watching this Porsche video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m31EgQkswg )
- (https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/a28815000/2020-porsche-taycan-nurburgring-record-lap-video/ )
- Tesla’s ‘Joe Mode’ in its V10 update is a lifesaver for parents https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-joe-mode-v10-update-best-feature-for-parents/amp/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#click=https://t.co/EGNT04At4e
- Breaking: 28% Decrease In Tesla "Lost Work Day Injuries" At Fremont Factory, + Sensor Suits & Virtual Reality For Better Ergonomics | CleanTechnica https://cleantechnica.com/2019/09/10/breaking-28-decrease-in-tesla-lost-work-day-injuries-at-fremont-factory-sensor-suits-virtual-reality-for-ergonomics/
- The Shift to Electric Vehicles Propels a Strike Against GM | WIRED https://www.wired.com/story/shift-electric-vehicles-strike-gm/?bxid=5cc9e1b42ddf9c1a7adeb9e5&cndid=30487766&esrc=AUTO_PRINT&source=EDT_WIR_NEWSLETTER_0_DAILY_ZZ&utm_brand=wired&utm_campaign=aud-dev&utm_mailing=WIR_Daily_091719&utm_medium=email&utm_source=nl&utm_term=list1_p4
- Tesla misses insurance firm’s ‘Safest Cars’ list because its EVs don’t crash often enough https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-disqualified-safest-cars-list-few-crashes/
- Tesla’s patent for a stealthy, electromagnetic wiper is perfect for the new Roadster https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-roadster-electromagnetic-windshield-wiper-patent
Sep 19 2019
Rank #13: November 21st 2019
Nov 21 2019
Rank #14: Ep 121 - 2018: A Space X Odyssey
Mel joins the guys for a quick conversation this week. Then much discussion ensues about the dubious rumors in articles this week about the fate of a top-secret spacecraft, known as Zuma. The guys talk about truckers and the future of automation- after reading a NY Times article about the "Death Of The American Trucker". They talk about solar in California, and the economics of public utilities. Plus all of the usual Tesla, and Supercharger news and updates.
Jan 17 2018
Rank #16: Ep 64 - Mel's Buying Model 3's For Everyone
Dec 13 2016
Rank #17: TT 157 - Whispering Tom
Mel, Tom and Robert get together to talk all things Tesla… SpaceX, climate concerns, EV competitors, Telsa prices and issues with service centers.
- SpaceX Merch News https://shop.spacex.com/featured-products.html
- From the source: https://youtu.be/gV6hP9wpMW8 (skip to 2:20)
- Insect 'apocalypse' in U.S. driven by 50x increase in toxic pesticides
- A hotter planet will make solar power less efficient https://www.technologyreview.com/s/614140/a-hotter-planet-will-make-solar-power-less-efficient/
- Tom’s new car: Drako unveils insanely powerful and expensive all-electric supercar - Electrek
- European car sales analysis March and Q1 2019
- European car sales are down this year:
- 7% decline in January
- 2,6% decline in February
- 3,7% in March
- Most of the decline can still be attributed to the after effects of the introduction of new fuel efficiency and emissions testing standard called WLTP (Worldwide harmonized Light vehicle Test Procedure) in September
- As in five out of the last six months, crossovers and SUVs are the only category to improve their sales volume year-on-year, with a 3,2% increase leading to a 36,9% market share.
- Big winner among manufacturers is once again Tesla Motors, both in absolute figures and in year-on-year growth as Tesla more than triples its volume on last year thanks to the start of deliveries of the Model 3.
- The PoleStar 2 Battery https://insideevs.com/news/343110/lets-take-a-closer-look-at-polestar-2-battery-details/
- Change in Model 3 Price = Much!! https://electrek.co/2019/08/16/tesla-model-y-prcie-increase-model-3-performance/amp/
- Shutting down Loaner Program https://electrek.co/2019/08/16/tesla-shutting-service-loaner-elon-musk/amp/
Aug 19 2019
Rank #19: Jan 24th 2020
Robert is back with a Giga-download and there are big Bombs and protests, no Teslaquila, but for flavor he lays down some SpaceX news.
Tesla destroys recent China FUD by releasing video of Gigafactory 3's stamping press
Amid protest, Tesla signs Gigafactory 4 contract; access road starts construction
Tesla Gigafactory 4 update: 187 pounds of Word War II ammunition found on site
7 unexploded U.S. bombs from WWII discovered at Tesla's German factory site
There Are Still Thousands of Tons of Unexploded Bombs in Germany, Left Over From World War II
Trump Claims Tesla's Building a Huge New U.S. Factory Because It Has to
Jan 24 2020