Rank #1: Linux Outlaws 365 – Last Stand
Dan and Fab announce that they will end the show by the end of the year and explain their reasoning for this decision. They also discuss the potential outcomes of this and their plans for the future.
As it stands, Linux Outlaws will come to an end before Christmas of this year with episode 370.
Please tell us what you want us to do for our remaining five episodes via email, in the Saloon and on Twitter with the hashtag #OutlawsLastStand. We are also interested to hear from you about the end of the show in general and what your favourite moments were in over seven years of Linux Outlaws.
Please note: OggCamp will continue; the event is in no way affected by the end of the show.
Nov 03 2014
Rank #2: Linux Outlaws 364 – You Weren’t There, Man!
Also check out Fab’s blog post on the weekend.
Crazy German key with an embedded ball
Oct 26 2014
Rank #3: Linux Outlaws 363 – OggCamp 14 Podcaster Panel
At OggCamp 14, Fab assembled a cast of podcasters to discuss the question “is open source innovative enough?”
From left to right: Peter Cannon (The Dick Turpin Road Show), Alan Pope (Ubuntu UK Podcast), Joe Ressington (Linux Luddites), Laura Cowen (Ubuntu UK Podcast) and Matt Copperwaite (The Dick Turpin Road Show)
Oct 20 2014
Rank #4: Linux Outlaws 366 – The Imperial Hubcap Collection
An uncut video version of this episode can be found on YouTube.
- Fab has written over 300 blog posts thanks to Ghost now
- His desk was included in Linux Voice issue 9
- Fab has also founded a gun club
- Dan visited Anfield
- Android Lollipop; new Nexus devices
- Tuct Tape Song
- Microsoft open sources .NET
- Windows 10 has a package manager
- Groupon trademarks GNOME
- CSS turned 20
0:56:45 Discussion / Rant
Fab takes on Gamergate
- Last Stand feedback on the Saloon
- OggCamp category on the Saloon
- Nigel Poulton thinks he designed the geekiest podcast logo ever
- Frank Bell says LO has long been his favourite podcast
- Barry Williams thanks us for seven years of the show
- Gary chimes in with some Bruce Springsteen lyrics
- Uwe thanks us for all of our work and is looking forward to future Sixgun shows
- Trent from Oz says he’s said the show is ending and has some suggestions for our last shows
Nov 16 2014