Rank #1: Astrologer Chani Nicholas on Lilith and How Astrology Can Be a Tool For Healing [episode 4]
Feb 23 2016
Rank #2: Carolyn Elliott on Intimacy and Magic, Diving Deep into Shadow Work, and Finding Inspiration in Failure [episode 84]
Sep 22 2017
Rank #3: Milla Prince on Ritual, Magic, Witchiness & Social Media as Medicine [episode 47]
Jan 06 2017
Rank #4: Sophia Rose of La Abeja Herbs on Sensual Embodiment, Wildcrafting Medicines, Herbs as Talismans, and Reciprocity [episode 80]
Aug 24 2017
Rank #5: Shamanic Therapist Shonagh Home on the Nature of Fairies, Psychedelic Mushrooms and the Mysteries of the Otherworld [episode 132]
Shonagh Home is a shamanic therapist, teacher, author, and poet. She considers herself a modern-day medicine woman and a voracious student of the mystery. Through the shamanic therapy lens, Shonagh conducts 3-day retreats in her home where she nurtures her guests as they embark on their life-changing soul journey.
In this week’s episode we explore:
- How Shonagh manifested a Farmhouse in Vermont
- Shonagh’s chapter contribution in The Psychedelic Mysteries of the Feminine
- How to honor the voice of the feminine and the voice of the indigenous
- How to reclaim wisdom traditions
- Shonagh’s calling to work with mushrooms
- How we are living in a Roman-style civilization that has reprogramed our culture to forget its roots
- How reconfiguration of the mind is the key to unlocking untapped potential
- Earth medicine as a method to rewild human consciousness
- Food as medicine and healing the gut
- How Shonagh midwifes clients through the death and rebirth of the soul
- Plant extracts as a method to wean off synthetic medication
- Shonagh’s Ayahuasca Initiation
- Shonaugh’s connection to folkloric being, Pan
- How to identify and explore portals
- The pillars of Shonagh’s manifestation process
- The difference between truth and reality
- How word choice and speech symbolizes a declaration
- Breaking the spell of doubt
- Working with the sidhe (fairies) to manifest Shonaugh’s Fairy Tree Cottage
- How the body is electric and attracts energy into our magnetic field
- How nature is not instant coffee, manifestations require effort and work
Bonus! Learn about Pan as a connector to the Otherworld beings and how mushrooms can be used as a tool to rewire our conscious mind to connect more deeply with these beings. You won't want to miss the live storytellings from Shonaugh in this week’s secret episode!
- Learn more about Shonagh and her offerings at shonaghhome.com
- Follow Shonagh on Instagram @Shonagh.Home
- Check out Shonagh's course Manifesting 101
- For more information on how to work with Shonagh, connect with her by email at email@example.com
- Dive into Shonagh’s latest book contribution, The Psychedelic Mysteries of the Feminine
- Shonagh’s upcoming retreat at her home in Vermont, Daughters of the Fairy Tree to be launched in Vermont in April of 2019
Jan 26 2019
Rank #6: Rootworker Jessyka Winston on Hoodoo Folk Magic and Honoring Your Blood & Spiritual Ancestors [episode 57]
Mar 17 2017
Rank #7: Ilka Oster on Going Beyond Your Conditioning & Becoming Free from Emotional Triggers Using Faster EFT [episode 66]
May 19 2017
Rank #8: AJA The Spirit Guide Coach Awakening Your Connection to Your Spirit Guides
AJA is a spirit guide coach and medium living in Los Angeles, CA. Her work allows her to act as a bridge between spirit energy and the physical plane. Encouraged by her personal spirit guide, AJA founded Spirit House Collective, a community dedicated to spreading knowledge, love and healing while creating a safe space for individuals to explore their unique spiritual gifts.
In this conversation, we dive into:
- How AJA woke up to the concept of spirit guides
- AJA’s journey to end the repression of her metaphysical beliefs
- Her experience of hearing a spirit’s voice for the first time
- Tools to strengthen clairvoyance and clairaudience
- AJA’s relationship with her spirit guide in life and business
- An explanation of automatic writing and how to use it as a tool to connect with spirit guides
- Why meditation is underrated as a tool for deeper understanding
- Acknowledgment as a first step to strengthen the connection between you and your spirit guides
- The importance of creating boundaries with spirit guides
- Questions to ask your spirit guides
- Self-care as an up-and-coming cultural paradigm shift
- Speaking to different types of energy and vibrational entities
- What is considered “a message” and how to build trust with that
- The importance of strengthening your personal gifts rather than trying to recreate someone else’s
- Relearning to believe in yourself rather than seeking validation from others
- What happens in a spirit guide coaching session
- Medicine Woman Tarot deck mentioned in the invocation
- Get to know AJA and learn about upcoming workshops and events at www.thespiritguidecoach.com or spirithousecollective.com
- Follow AJA on Instagram @thespiritguidecoach and @spirithousecollective
- Spirit Guide Coaching sessions will reopen on December 17th - get on AJA’s email list for future access to sessions
- Spirit House Year of the High Priestess Anniversary event
- Witch Motel, a Joshua Tree community gathering for rising witches
In this week’s secret episode you’ll learn about:
AJA’s intention in creating the Spirit House Collective and the importance of calling in a community around your spiritual pursuits. We also discuss Witch Motel, an annual event that takes place in Joshua Tree this February. Click here to access unique insights from AJA in this secret episode!
Dec 20 2018
Rank #9: Best of DFB: Mushroom Whisperer Tradd Cotter on How Partnering with Fungi Can Help Solve the World [episode 8]
In this Best of DFB we dive into the archives for an episode that holds so much wisdom on how humans can partner with fungi to transform the world for the better. Get ready to get majorly inspired!
We’re talking with mushroom whisperer Tradd Cotter of Mushroom Mountain. Tradd reveals how mushrooms and fungi are seemingly miraculous powerhouses that can solve some of the world’s most pressing problems. We talk about how to understand the needs and wants of organisms that use non-verbal language, and Tradd shares how he is growing mushrooms in a way that more closely mimics their natural environment while using less energy than traditional cultivation techniques. In this episode you’ll learn:
- The difference between a mycelium and a mushroom - and why it matters
- How we can work with fungi to reduce our waste as a society
- How fungi can play a key role in providing food, clean water and protection from mosquito-borne diseases in war-torn areas or in the aftermath of a natural disaster
- A couple of fun ways you can start partnering with fungi and mushrooms in your own backyard (using birds as stealth bombers)
- How commitment, observation and constant learning provide a solid foundation for your intuition to guide you in your life’s work
"Think like a mushroom." -Tradd CotterLinks:
- Learn more about Tradd and growing mushrooms at www.mushroommountain.com
- Connect with Mushroom Mountain on Facebook.
- Watch Tradd's videos about mushrooms on Youtube.
- Learn more about what a spitzenkorper is here.
- Learn how to make a spore print here.
- Check out this photo of a "gladiator" match between fungi and a fire ant.
[gallery size="medium" ids="493,492,490,489,488,487"]
Apr 12 2019
Rank #10: Lindsay Mack on Radical Self Care, Moving Through Panic, and Facing Your Own Morality [Episode 94]
Jan 18 2018
Rank #11: with Tree Spirits
Feb 21 2019
Rank #12: Healer Lindsay Mack on Tarot as a Tool for Healing the Wounded Healer Within [episode 58]
Mar 24 2017
Rank #13: Herbalist Asia Suler of One Willow Apothecaries with a Grounded Approach to Plant & Stone Spirit Medicine [episode 51]
Feb 02 2017
Rank #14: Becca Piastrelli on Ancestral Pilgrimage & Cultivating True Belonging + A Conversation with Stinging Nettle [episode 144]
Becca Piastrelli is a writer, podcaster, womxn's coach and ancestral folk medicine keeper. Her work centers around the invitation for womxn and female identified people of all backgrounds to come home to themselves. Becca’s podcast, Belonging, explores aspects of ancestral wisdom, cultivating meaningful sisterhood, and living with the seasons and cycles of the earth and your body. This is the second to last episode of Dream Freedom Beauty before we become something new!
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Becca dreamed and manifested a pilgrimage to Ireland
- Reweaving severed threads that stem from colonization and immigration
- Being in right relationship with the land
- The medicine of place
- How to reframe the conquering of pagan culture as an opportunity to seek deeper ancestry and heritage
- How history is passed down by the victor or through word of mouth
- Intention setting as an integral piece to connecting with ancestors
- The importance of asking clear questions
- Plantcestors that came to Becca in Ireland
- The spirit of stinging nettle shares it’s wisdom and invites us to come and play
- Get more information on the Dream Freedom Beauty Funeral here.
- Learn more about Becca’s offerings at www.beccapiastrelli.com
- Connect with Becca on Instagram @beccapiastrelli
- Connect with Becca on Facebook @beccapiastrellipage
- Tune in to Becca’s podcast, Belonging
- If Women Rose Rooted Sharon Blackie
- Sister Spinster's Folk Magic and Medicine of Old Europe
Jul 02 2019
Rank #15: Giving Gratitude & Closing Doors In a Good Way [145 - final DFB episode]
We at DFB are becoming something new…
…and with this new beginning there has been a death to the name and embodiment of Dream Freedom Beauty as you’ve known and loved it.
So on July 16th we held a live, online funeral to put DFB to rest.
Me, my sister Lizzy (who started DFB with me back in 2015), the DFB team present and past, and several of our listeners all joined together to share how DFB has impacted our lives and to give gratitude to the experiences we’ve had because of this co-creation.
This is a touching episode, and it marks the official ending of Dream Freedom Beauty before we completely metamorphosize and become something new.
Whether you’re a relatively new listener or you’ve been here since the very beginning, I want to say thank you so much for being part of this community. It still blows my mind that the show has grown to an audience of thousands and made such beautiful impacts on people’s lives.
Have a listen to the funeral episode (it’s not a bummer at all, I promise!), and stay tuned for the release of our upcoming new embodiment and offerings. I think you’ll LOVE them!Links
Jul 27 2019
Rank #16: Ra Ma Kaur on Stone, Rock, & Crystal Medicine, Kundalini Yoga, Mantra, & Gong Bath Healing [episode 73]
Jul 01 2017
Rank #17: Witch Carolyn Elliott on Shame, the Heroine’s Story, & Why NOT To Be Careful What You Wish For [episode 54]
Feb 23 2017
Rank #18: Witch Carolyn Elliott on Marketing and Selling Intuitive and Healing Services [episode 67]
May 25 2017
Rank #19: Jessica Reid on Quantum Leaping and Letting Your Heart & Soul Lead the Way in a High Vibe Lifestyle [episode 70]
Jun 17 2017
Rank #20: REPLAY Milla Prince on Ritual, Magic, Witchiness & Social Media as Medicine [episode 47]
Dec 28 2017