Rank #1: One Thing You Must Do Every Day
One Thing You Must Do Every Day.
I have a question for you.
What is your ONE most important activity?
What is the ONE core activity that makes everything else fine?
What is the ONE core activity that if you don’t do causes everything to fall apart?
Many people focus on anything but the most critical activity in their life. They are usually surprised when things fall apart.
Is it showing up for work on time or doing a great job at work?
Could it be your unflinching attention to your family?
Does your business have ONE activity that causes people to buy from you?
When you focus on your ONE most important activity - everything else will take care of itself.
Jan 29 2020
Rank #2: 2020 Success Hacks (Part One)
2020 Success Hacks (Part One)
As we begin a new year and decade, I thought I would give a little motivational tough love.
Before I get going -
No matter what you desire in 2020, remember that life and business are about solving problems. The bigger your dreams, the bigger your problems. If you want what nobody else has, you need to solve problems that nobody else will.
So, how do you begin with a bang?
1) Decide what you want in 2020. Be specific. Anything less is what average people do.
2) Decide to pay the price of your success. You’ve heard it before and it’s true. Short-term pain leads to long-term gain. The future value of your life depends on the current value of your effort.
3) Own your goals. You don’t need to ask permission from anybody. You don’t even need to say a word. Put your head down and get to work.
4) Since you’ve decided what you want. Don’t accept your excuses.
When it’s time to get to work -
5) Start your day early. Do what is important to you before the day begins.
6) Set your focus and starting point. Pick the first task, finish, and move on to the next. Keep going until you get what you want.
7) Hold space for what is essential for you.
8) Develop the habit of deep work. Two hours of uninterrupted work per day will change your life.
9) Don’t get caught up in believing you need Networking, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Partnerships. Yes, you need some - but not many. Trust yourself and start creating. Let everybody else catch up.
10) Don’t get caught up in learning. If you stumble, find your answer, and get back to work. If another question pops up, repeat.
11) Apply never-ending massive imperfect action. Don’t worry about the mess. You can clean it up later.
Tomorrow we’ll chat about how to gain a HUGE advantage while accelerating your success.
Jan 01 2020
Rank #3: Goal Setting For 2020
Goal Setting For 2020
The New Year will arrive before you know it. Here are a few questions to help with planning:
1) What do I want to do?
2) What do I want to have?
3) Where do I want to go?
4) What contribution do I want to make?
5) What do I want to become?
6) What do I want to learn?
7) Who do I want to spend my time with?
8) How much do I want to earn, save, and invest?
9) How much time do I want for fun?
10) What will I do to create optimum health?
That’ll keep you busy.
Dec 02 2019
Rank #4: Do What Makes Your Heart Sing
Have you ever found yourself working for hours while time flies?
You are doing what makes your heart sing!
Some folks say, "Do what you love, and you'll never work another day in your life."
That's not true.
You will work harder than ever - and will love every minute of it. Your rewards will come like never before.
It's easy to dream of a less complicated life when all you have ever done is live a complicated life.
That's not the issue.
When you realize that there are never enough hours in the day - and you don't care - nothing else will matter.
Sep 09 2019
Rank #5: Most Productive Week Ever
Most Productive Week Ever
What if you could have the most productive week ever?
The solution is simple; get ahead of the game before the game begins.
It works like this:
1) List your short and long-term goals.
2) Decide what past achievements you enjoy and that you want to continue as you pursue new adventures.
3) Decide what future goals you are ready to 'activate' and achieve - NOW!
4) Next week begins this week. Thursday is your new planning day. That's when you plan how your goals will fit into next week.
5) Get up on Monday morning, ready to ROCK!
Oct 28 2019
Rank #6: How To Connect With Conversations
How To Connect With Conversations
Today you are going to have opportunities to communicate.
Here’s how to create conversations that connect:
1) Meet folks where they are. Pay attention to how their day is going. Step into their NOW.
2) Establishing something in common. “Wow! Has this day been crazy for you too?”
3) Establish an undeniable truth. “I promise it’s going to get crazier with the holidays coming.”
4) Move toward an idea that everybody can agree. “Holidays are coming fast. We should get ahead of it and do some planning.”
5) Bring a new idea into the conversation. “I have a system that will work for both of us. Do you want to see it?”
You will always get more of what you want when your communication moves toward a common goal.
Nov 13 2019
Rank #7: Practice Makes Perfect
Practice Makes Perfect
It’s been said that Practice makes perfect.
That might be true if you were able to practice perfectly. If that were the case, why would you need to practice?
Practice does not make perfect. Practice makes permanent.
Practice bad thinking, and you will get all the bad thoughts you could ever want.
Practice makes permanent.
Practice bad manners and are sure to get better at being rude.
Practice makes permanent.
Practice bad relationship skills, and you are guaranteed to miss out on the best life has to offer.
Practice makes permanent.
It is always that way, it will never change, and you can harness its power.
Practice being positive, forward-thinking, and believing that life is good. That’s what you will get.
Practice being a good person that is always thinking of others. You will find yourself surrounded by good people.
Practice being present, respectful, and loving in your relationships. You will never be alone.
Yes, Practice makes permanent.
Feb 03 2020
Rank #8: 9 Personal Development Principles You Need
9 Personal Development Principles You Need
You may have heard that you will elevate your station in life to the degree that you elevate yourself.
Personal Development is how you do that.
Here are some easy ideas to move you forward:
1) Acknowledge that all emotions come from within you.
2) Seek out someone you respect. Use them to stay honest.
3) Recognize there is life after failure.
4) Read purposefully. Apply your knowledge.
5) Challenge yourself to be brutally honest.
6) Reflect on what you spend the most time on.
7) Remind yourself: you weren’t meant to procrastinate.
8) Put the phone away. Be present.
9) Remind yourself that time is your most precious resource.
Can you imagine how much you can change in your life when you live by those principles?
Oct 24 2019
Rank #9: Time To Step Up?
Time To Step Up?
Imagine how you would feel if everything is perfect in your life - yet it feels like there is more.
Is it time to step up?
You’ve spent your entire life rising to the next level in the pursuit of success and happiness. Maybe you have arrived. Maybe you haven’t. In either case, the time will come that things don’t feel the same.
Yes. It’s time to step up.
No matter what happens in your life. No matter who comes into your life. Everything exists for a reason and a season.
Letting one thing go for something better is the process for achieving happiness.
It’s time to step up.
Nov 20 2019
Rank #10: How To Find Yourself
How To Find Yourself
Are you the kind of person who can't decide what to do with your life?
Are you fearful of pulling the trigger and going for it?
It can be scary to start something new - especially if you don't know how well you'll like your new lifestyle.
Why not explore the possibilities with no commitment?
Instead of charging forward into the unknown, why not take the fear away and test your new experience first? If it's a keeper, keep moving in that direction. If not, test something else.
Most everything in your life has happened because you stumbled into it and decided to stick with it. Why change what works?
Nov 04 2019
Rank #11: You Must Change Before Anything Else Changes
People have always sought change for themselves, their life, or the world.
If you want to change, there is a constant truth; you must change before anything else changes.
Many smart folks agree -
Mahatma Gandhi said, “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
Leo Tolstoy, “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”
What about Albert Einstein?
“The world, as we have created, is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.”
Do you want to change something about today, tomorrow, or the future? You must change before anything else changes.
Have you learned lessons from past experiences? You have already changed, and your future is better for it.
Rumi said, “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
If tomorrow you want to be better than today and yesterday, something has to change. That something is you.
If you want to make more money, serve more, and be happier next year, something has to change this year. That something is you.
If you want this life to be well-lived, something has to change today. That something is you.
What if you want everything about your life to be perfect? Listen to Winston Churchill. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.”
It’s so simple.
You Must Change Before Anything Else Changes.
Sep 18 2019
Rank #12: Believe in Yourself
It’s the time of year when the world begins to believe.
Children always believe, but the power to believe lies within you too.
Believing in yourself begins with basics:
1) Practice self-care. Building belief starts with you. When you spend time improving your life, you will open more doors.
2) Seek to expand. The larger your worldview, the more you will believe in yourself. Look outside yourself and explore what’s possible. It may be just steps from your comfort zone.
3) Test drive opportunities. Keep your eyes open for small opportunities that cross your path - and take the good ones for a test drive. No commitment required.
Focus on your highest and best and you will build self-confidence. If won't be long before you believe in yourself more than you ever before.
Sponsored By Remrise
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Do you have trouble staying asleep? Remrise the solution. Visit https://getremrise.com/dailyboost and get your first week free when you sign up.
Dec 16 2019
Rank #13: You Are The Engine That Drives Your Dreams
You’ve heard if you want success you must go after your goals with consistency and dedication. You must want it for yourself. More than anybody wants if for you.
YOU are the engine that drives your dreams.
Others will help, but in the end, your actions are the only thing that will lead to the reward.
I remember when my kids got older. I had a talent for manifesting what I wanted in life, and my Son asked, “Dad, how do you always seem to create what you want?”
I said, “YOU must make up your mind that you want it before you can get it. You are the engine that drives your dreams.”
I had to laugh when he said, “Is that telling me to make my bed when I was a kid?”
One more thing.
Some people think when they reach their goals they can take a break. Not so. Permanent success does not come from temporary actions.
Your real reward will be all the new opportunity that arrives in your life. Everybody loves a winner.
YOU are the engine that drives your dreams. Always remember that.
Sep 16 2019
Rank #14: Figuring Out Your One Thing
In the movie “City Slickers,” Mitch was on a mission to find purpose - as if there was a single solution for everybody.
That’s when he met a cowboy with simple yet straightforward advice -
Curly: Do you know what the secret of life is? [holds up one finger] This.
Mitch: Your finger?
Curly: One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that, and the rest don’t mean &*#@.
Mitch: But, what is the “one thing?”
Curly: That’s what you have to find out.
Most folks spend their lives searching outside themselves while what’s important quietly rages inside of them. Most happily move through their day with little or no thought. But the search continues - until they finally figure Curly’s secret -
The ONE thing is different for everybody - and it’s far less exciting and easier to find than you think.
Oct 01 2019
Rank #15: How To Make Sure Dreams Can Become Real
How To Make Sure Dreams Can Become Real
Everybody has dreams. Daydreams, dreams while you sleep, and dreams of what you wish for the future.
I’ve always believed that dreams are goals you have nurtured to become real in your life.
But how do you know if the voice speaking to your heart will lead you in the right direction?
I was reading Brant Pinvidic’s book, The 3-Minute Rule. His approach to better presentations happens to be my approach to goal validation.
When an idea pops into your head, ask yourself four questions:
1) What is it? Do you understand exactly what you want?
2) How does it work? How will you go about reaching your goal? What will likely be the outcome?
3) Can you do it? Is your plan reasonable? Do you have the time, skills, money?
4) Are you sure? If you are willing to put in the effort are you confident you can achieve your goal?
Use these next time something is holding you back from turning your dreams into reality. I promise. The clarity you are seeking is around the corner.
Jan 06 2020
Rank #16: Turn Obstacles Into Opportunity
Turn Obstacles Into Opportunity
Have you ever wondered how much easier things would be if you didn’t have to think so much?
What if the future or your past didn’t matter?
Imagine if you didn’t worry about the possessions, success, or drama of others?
What would happen if you believed that YOU are in control?
Now you are starting to think like a Stoic Philosopher.
Stoicism is about paring down and simplifying. They eliminate unproductive traits that define the majority of the population. One of the most common is by turning obstacles upside down, creating opportunities, and seeing them as teachable moments.
For a Stoic, every bad thing becomes a new source of good.
Marcus Aurelius said it this way,
“The impediment to action advances action. What stands in your way becomes the way.”
Jan 27 2020
Rank #17: Procrastination Distraction Condition
Do you ever feel like you are procrastinating?
What if I were to tell you that you are not, and there is an easy fix.
It’s hard to tell how many dreams have are being crushed from the inability to get things done.
Procrastination is nothing more than a distraction from current life conditions. Decide that your current circumstances are no longer acceptable, you stop procrastinating.
What if there was something deeper?
What if you were filling your day with non-stop activities in preparation to reach your goals? But it feels like you are procrastinating?
You are not, and one day, when you’re ready, you will begin.
You are distracted, happy in your toiling, and filling yourself with growing frustration.
You are not procrastinating; you are Fixin’ to get ready.”
You’ll know you are Fixin' when you are working toward your goals yet feel like you can’t get momentum to get started. You are not procrastinating. You are waiting to reach the starting line.
Fixin’ happens when you get caught up in details and become overwhelmed. The solution is to simple. Forget the big picture. Choose a starting point. Begin.
If you are procrastinating, STOP IT. If you are fixin’ to get ready, STOP IT. There is no try. There is only do. Thanks, Yoda.
Sep 24 2019
Rank #18: Success Habits
Whatever you get in life is a result of your daily habits. What is a habit?
According to the dictionary, it is a settled or regular tendency or practice. It is also something that is especially one that is hard to give up.
Good habit or bad - they are hard to give up. If that’s the case, you may as well choose good habits.
In a survey of 233 self-made millionaires, here’s what they did that lower-income earners didn’t -
Get up early, read, a LOT, spend 15 - 30 minutes each day on focused thinking.
Good habits, done daily, create success.
Made exercise a priority, spend time with people that inspire them, pursue their own goals.
Settled habits create settled success.
Get enough sleep, have multiple incomes, avoid time-wasters.
If you’re not getting the results you want, there is a high likely hood that you are not giving up your current habits.
Until you establish new habits, little will change. When you do, everything will change.
Sep 23 2019
Rank #19: Don’t Like Who You Are? Change Who You Are!
If you are unhappy with who you have become in life, there is a simple question that will redirect you -
What do you want to be different than it is now?
Every choice you have made has put you where you are. If you want something different, all you have to do is make different choices.
Yes, it is that simple.
Different choices mean a different direction. A whole new world is waiting for you.
Who will you become today?
Oct 23 2019
Rank #20: Doing More Than You Must For Success
Earl Nightingale produced “The Strangest Secret” to motivate his insurance company sales force. It is now a motivational standard.
The secret is simple:
1) You become what you think.
2) You must pay the prices.
3) You must control your thoughts.
4) Cutaway the limitations of your mind.
5) Set a clearly defined goal.
6) Act promptly when your path is clear.
7) Save at least 10% of every dollar.
What do you want more than anything else?
Do more than you must. Do more than anybody else. Do it better than anybody else.
Are you ready to make so nobody can ignore you?
Commit today to do more than you must to get what you want.
Sep 30 2019