Rank #1: Mario C. Delgado | Architecture | App design | Bauhaus | Graphic influence | UX | Space
Apr 03 2015
Rank #2: Tom Dale | MVC in Ember | Backbone | Angular | StateManager | Ember.Container | Ember Router
Apr 08 2015
Rank #3: Parker Moore | Github | Key lessons | Interns & juniors | Street cred | Startups | Open Source
Apr 01 2015
Rank #4: Mark Simonson | Typomania | Names vs nature | Sound fonts |Type anatomy
Apr 02 2015
Rank #5: Chris Shiflett | Brooklyn Beta | Friendly Web Conference | Origin story | Speakers | Trust | Pacing
- What’s the elevator pitch for Brooklyn Beta?
- What’s the origin story of Brooklyn Beta?
- What exactly did you want to make different with this conference?
Nov 18 2016
Rank #6: Brad Frost | Atomic Design | UIs | Design system | Atoms | Molecules | Organisms | Templates | Pages
Nov 02 2016
Rank #7: Randy J. Hunt | Organizing teams | Diversity | Effective over clever | Research | Small changes
- How do you like to organize teams?
- What do you mean by effective over clever?
- How do you recommend doing research when designing for the web?
- “Small frequent changes lead to being able to better fix errors.” Can you maybe elaborate on that?
Oct 28 2016
Rank #8: David Heinemeier Hansson | Rails community | Tone | Aspirations | Guarding motivations | Honesty
- What kind of tone do you try to establish among core people in the Rails community?
- To quote your book Remote: “No assholes allowed, no assholy behavior allowed.” Does this also apply to the tone you try to establish in the Rails community?
- How would you describe your persona in the open source community?
- Dealing with an audience might be tricky for a lot of people?
- Honesty seems to be very important to you?
- Are you bad at small talk?
Oct 19 2016
Rank #9: Zach Holman | Getting Fired | At-will Employment | Performance Improvement Plans | Surprise Firings
- What made you write this piece about getting fired?
- What benefits can you see to being more open about firing people?
- What do you think is broken with letting people go?
- What made you appreciate GitHub so much?
- Can you imagine that you might have stayed another 5-10 years?
- Can you explain the concept of “At-will Employment”?
- What are low hanging fruits to fix in the firing process?
- What’s the middle ground between a performance improvement plan and firing fast?
Oct 13 2016
Rank #10: João Ferreira | Masters @ Work | Subvisual | Design problems | Deadlines | Pushing Envelopes
Aug 26 2015
Rank #11: Corwin Harrell | Q&A | #01 | University | Setup | thoughtbot | Daily routine | Investment Fridays
Aug 06 2015
Rank #12: Roberto Machado | Subvisual | GroupBuddies | Portugal Startups | Rebranding | Technologies
Aug 03 2015
Jul 09 2015
Jul 01 2015
Rank #15: Josh Brewer | Design @ Twitter | Legacy | Responsibilities | Cool & uncool | Rocket growth
Jun 01 2015
Rank #16: Steven B. Cook | edenspiekermann_ | Remote work | User testing | Prototyping
May 28 2015
Rank #17: Coby Chapple | Jekyll | Github Pages | Deploying | Plugins | Gem | Famous Sites
May 27 2015
Rank #18: Mark Simonson | Type design | Influences | Type sins | Choosing & pairing type | Contrast
May 19 2015
Rank #19: Trent Walton | Q&A | #04 | Arrogance | Collaboration | Food | Improving | Taste | Creating
May 18 2015