Rank #1: 19 – We Love GOOOOLLLDDDDDD
Mac client beta (you’re welcome Steve), destory spammers one button click at a time, crafting made easy, butter…not so rare, rocket boots seem fine to me, gold tips from Marco and someone hates 5 things about Guild Wars 2…bfffft!
Markco’s Gold Tips
Sep 20 2012
Rank #2: 18 – Builds and Forges and Trinities Oh My!
Say hello to our special guest Shokenaw, who expects to keep exploring and finding beautiful things in the world. Zach will keep doing whatever he feels like, Vayne loves finding references to GW1 and recovering captured waypoints, Nick just wants to do dungeons, and Travis can’t figure out whether to play an alt or stick with his ranger. Also: tips on building your character traits, the mystic forge is slightly predictable, and a heated discussion of *gasp* the trinity! (or lack thereof).
Sep 06 2012
Rank #3: 17 – Houston, We Have Lift Off
Guild Wars 2 has been released, recent updates to game mechanics, the social game that isn’t so social and so much more!
- The game has launched!
- If you pre-purchased the game not through buy.guildwars2.com, make sure you apply the SEPARATE game code to your account. BWE access codes and live game codes are different!
- Sound and vision mag talks with audio director James Ackley http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/article/sv-interview-guild-wars-2-audio-director-james-ackley
- GW2 crew hosting launch events this Saturday in NY, Orlando, Austin, LA, and Seattle http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/events
- Time magazine is very impressed with GW2 so far http://techland.time.com/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-its-the-pinball-machine-of-mmos/ http://techland.time.com/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-sales-one-million-pre-served-record-400000-playing-at-once/
- Before the game was even technically out it hit 400,000 concurrent users, a record for pre-launch http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/28/guild-wars-2-hits-400k-concurrent-users-before-launch/
- A few errors are going on, if you see one check out this site for common issues and fixes http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994
- Wednesday Status
Aug 31 2012
Rank #4: 16 – Travis Knows Songs
Guild Wars 2 wins stuff, beta client isn’t really a beta client, ArenaNet proves they rule at biking, Colin puts some rumors to bed but lets them stay up all night, GW2 purcahses are region locks, Travis has some fun with sound effects – annoys audience, Dances, and jumping puzzles.
Hey Stephen, the video you asked about with Colin:
Justin’s tool that analysis the Guild Wars 2 market and lets you know what makes the most sense to craft:
Aug 23 2012
Rank #5: 15 – Yup. We Can Still Annoy Vayne.
ArenaNet gives us a glimpse of the servers going live, times you can expect to get in-game during launch, deep Mesmer and Necro discussions regarding “pets”, the economy of Guild Wars 2 along with learning curves, steam rolling dungeons for armor, mounts?? Hm.
Aug 16 2012
Rank #6: 14 – Travis Smart. Races Easy.
Another stress test, of course more jumping puzzle discussion, we make up a new race (when I say we I mean Vayne), why can’t we find a profession and stick with it? Questions with listeners!
Aug 09 2012
Rank #7: 13 – Vayne, Team Killer
Guild War players wanting to reserve their character names need to act now, Hall of Monuments can still be fun, pick up Guild Wars for cheap, Vayne kills Travis in WvW Mystic Room, characters can now model, lazy crafters get their wish (Travis is one of them), Nick completed a jumping puzzle, jumping puzzles are not the only puzzle to complete, Baz talks some PvP, Hunger Guilds and some great questions from the community!
Disclaimer: The Searing Podcast is not sponsored by or affiliated with Dairy Queen and/or Blizzards in anyway…however they are delicious!
Jul 26 2012
Rank #8: 12 – Ya! We Know Famous People!
Photo courtesy of Sony Online Entertainment and Travis Neiderhiser’s Amazingness
Special guest Margaret “Maggie” Krohns of SOE, Alpha Collective and Boons & Conditions joins the show! Final Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Event 3, worlds get erased, Save money on sound tracks, ArenaNet actually likes their players, Nick and Travis clearly know nothing about PvP, Vayne doesn’t want to stab anyone oh and he is now a co-host, Guild Wars 2 economy will end up like America’s, define your own end game, weapons that shoot lava, fruit, unicorns or something…and more community involvement.
Special thank you to @PurrfectStorm (Maggie) and congratulations to HolyShatt for winning a BWE3 Beta Key!
Jul 19 2012
Rank #9: 11.5 – Another Way To Win A Key
Jul 15 2012
Rank #10: 11 – Vayne Knows Stuff
Note: Intro has some issues – fixed at :58 seconds.
ArenaNet gives us a Guild Wars 2 Release Date, August 28th and a Final Beta Weekend, July 20th-22nd. Travis asks Andy McNamara a question, The mice and salad will be playable in BWE3, ArenaNet shared their sauce, Jeremy Soule tears it up, Mesmer players want an updated UI, Leveling is NOT too slow, why we play Guild Wars 2 over World of Warcraft, racial slurs regarding Tyria’s races, MrRudder’s co-worker smells and a ton more!
Jul 12 2012